Best campground program - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-27-2014, 03:10 PM   #15
Name: Josie&Craig
Trailer: Scamp 16'
South Carolina
Try ultimate campground guide this is a program that shows city, state, federal , military and county campgrounds on a map. Click on the park to see costs and what features it offers. The program has a cost of about $6.00 but I have been using it for free on both my laptop and tablet. The county park feature is nice because they run less most of the time and some of them are gems. Ultimate Campground Guide.

"Not all those who wander are lost." (J.R.R. Tolkein from Lord of the Rings..."Strider's Poem")
2yax2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 03:36 PM   #16
Name: p@
Trailer: Casita
South Carolina
don't forget the "cash discount". on a recent trip out west i discovered that those mom & pop (non franchise) campgrounds respond to a crisp twenty dollar bill. you're usually dealing with the owner and if the campground isn't full your chances of getting a site at a substantial "discount" are pretty good if you ask. it's most likely not a place you'd like to spend a lot of time, but..for one night in the middle of nowhere after a few nights of cracker barrels and wal marts a site with full hookups is a good thing. the trip was one of those "destination trips" and i was interested in getting from one place to another as quickly as comfortably possible in order to maximize time at the destination.

patrick crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 05:18 PM   #17
Name: Tim
Trailer: Class B for now
Raz, I tried to find campwhere but it seems like its been taken off the apple app site ?
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 05:25 PM   #18
Name: Philip
Trailer: Escape 13 /Hyundai Santa Fe
I have an app called RVPARKING.COM for my iPhone. It includes state parks. I think it's a free app. It sure has a lot of listings. It's map based & easy to use. Seems to just cover the US.

It's not the size.....
reeves99 is offline   Reply With Quote