Best fiberglass campers for the money - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-16-2019, 01:47 PM   #41

Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Virginia
Those are great trailers. Let us know the wait times.
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 03:03 PM   #42

Name: Diane
Trailer: 2015 Lil Snoozy
Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgilliam1955 View Post
Those are great trailers. Let us know the wait times.
Hi, Jack. I'm hoping to see one next week in NJ. $2500 deposit. Still searching for the extra aisle width for the dogs. They said we could still join the Lil Snoozy rally if we'd like!!!
Bernese Bunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 03:34 PM   #43

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernese Bunch View Post
This is such good news for me. So tired of looking at red oak cabinets! Glad I found this old post as Escape is closed this weekend and I'm anxious to get details.
I have maple cabinets in my Scamp. After 12 years, I was sick of that . Loved the change to golden oak in my Escape. I figure if I last 12 years with it, maybe it will be time to just paint the cabinetry. I think everything can get 'old' and dated if you keep it long enough. Oh wait... I just looked in the mirror
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 04:17 PM   #44

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Right now the wait is about 4-5 months. Do not forget, with the current exchange differential they are "25% off" currently.
Old 03-16-2019, 04:51 PM   #45

Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I have maple cabinets in my Scamp. After 12 years, I was sick of that . Loved the change to golden oak in my Escape. I figure if I last 12 years with it, maybe it will be time to just paint the cabinetry. I think everything can get 'old' and dated if you keep it long enough. Oh wait... I just looked in the mirror
I love painted cabinets. Maple paints better than oak. Something for me to consider, should I go forward with the Escape.
Old 03-16-2019, 04:51 PM   #46

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernese Bunch View Post
This is such good news for me. So tired of looking at red oak cabinets! Glad I found this old post as Escape is closed this weekend and I'm anxious to get details.

They have a 17B for sale right now, ready to go, with maple. No A/C though, if I understand correctly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Escape new maple finish.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	128331
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 04:51 PM   #47

Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Right now the wait is about 4-5 months. Do not forget, with the current exchange differential they are "25% off" currently.
Yes...Saw that. Hope I can take advantage.
Old 03-16-2019, 05:03 PM   #48

Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
They have a 17B for sale right now, ready to go, with maple. No A/C though, if I understand correctly.

Attachment 128331
If it's the same one I saw in this forum, it's sold.
Old 03-16-2019, 05:53 PM   #49

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
Not to say anything negative about any brand I would encourage you to visit a rally and walk through several trailers. Some major considerations that you can only appreciate by visiting are headroom, pass by width, table/belly clearance, and the bed. I don’t know anyone who, during a trailer tour, wouldn’t let you take your shoes off and lay on the bed. When we sold our 19
It was the first thing the buyer wanted to do and the one thing we would insist on him doing.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 06:01 PM   #50

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
+100 best deal is the one that suits you the best! A great deal on a trailer you won’t like long term is not that good of a deal. Paying full market price for the one that suits you best is a much better deal.

I think people focus too much on price and not enough on floorplan. Of course everyone has their budget. And if the “best” trailer for you doesn’t fit the budget then get the second best (compromise). We thought we got a good deal on our first FG trailer until we figured out we really hated it. Oops!
Old 03-17-2019, 07:20 AM   #51

Name: Jeff
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD 17'
Michigan
Unfortunately, Lil Snoozy has pad locked the doors and seemingly run off with a lot of sizable down payments. So, scratch them off the list of possibilities. I had seen one at a gathering in the UP of Michigan last summer and liked it quite a bit. Hopefully they will be produced again some day by someone more trustworthy.

IBUPNORTH
ibupnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 10:42 PM   #52

Name: Aaron
Trailer: 2000 Bigfoot 21RB, & 92 Vanagon Westy
Idaho
Layout trumps all. While I think Casita's have an overall higher build quality (they also cost more), then Scamp, I hate all of their layouts. The Scamp layout 4 is perfect for me, and ticks off all the things I was looking for in a trailer. And now after having it for a year, I still find it near perfect for my use, and worked out better then I could have hopped.

You are far better off looking at all the layouts and think about what you want in a trailer then go stand in one and see if it will work for your needs, then picks a manufacture that makes that layout.
1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 07:13 AM   #53

Name: Shirley
Trailer: Escape 21, formerly Casita SD
Missouri
So many great choices!

You are pretty close to several places who hold rallies in AR and TX, which would give you a chance to see what works for you. We traveled in a 2004 Casita Deluxe which we bought used for 5 years, two of us and a German Shepard, and loved it. Easy to tow, easy to pack. Now we need a bit more room for grandkids so recently purchased a 2015 Escape 21 which fits our needs better. We are enjoying the extra room -no longer jumping over the dog at night! 😉

By the way, even if you buy one and later find out your needs change, fiberglass campers sell quickly if taken care of. We sold our Casita for $100 less than we paid for it five years ago. Owning a moulded fiberglass is a win-win no matter what you choose, as long as you get a floor plan that fits your lifestyle.
ssatkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 07:50 AM   #54

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
We’ve owned 3 different FG trailer’s since 2010 . A used 16 ft , a new 17 ft and a 21ft . Based on price , initial quality and required repairs / maintenance our 17 ft Casita comes out on top . It’s certainly not the most luxurious but it has consistently performed well for us .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 06:36 PM   #55

Name: Dave
Trailer: Little Joe
Ontario
Daveking
W Dave K is offline   Reply With Quote