Best Investment - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2008, 10:16 AM   #61

Trailer: 2003 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Send a message via AIM to Robert Brummett Send a message via MSN to Robert Brummett Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Brummett
I would have to say my Honda 2000i would probably be at the top of the list of essentials for me. Avoiding wired campsites like I do, it is important that I be able to keep the laptop and camera batteries charged and viable. Nice to be able to use the M/W once in a while, too.

It also gets quite a bit of use around my place. I just plop it in the back of my UV and can use it for an electric lop-saw or even a mitre-saw for kindling for the fireplace.

Very useful tool.
Robert Brummett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 03:33 PM   #62

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
The Harbor freight product is like two tennis balls on radio antannae mounted on magnets.We mount one on the ball, one on the hitch....not exactly as shown in the Harbor Freight pix. When you're in line and on top, one falls over. Easy to see when you're right on top. I wear trifocals and have astigmatism... My husband prefers these to my often erroneous directions...

Sherry
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 04:06 PM   #63

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
My back up mirror is a pretty handy tool, yes. That has to be in the top 5 list.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 06:26 PM   #64

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Hey Bob, you be styling now.

This last weekend I finally went camping with my VuQube satellite dish. It's great. I'm going to love having it on my trips particularly the long long trips. I'll add it to all my other toys I have as best investments.

Bob I forgot to take a picture of my first satellite campout. I was going to stay Monday but my holding tank was full. Since I had to pack up and unhitch and drive way around the lake I decided to head for home after dumping. It was good to see you again. I've never been to San Luis but have it on my mind for a short trip one day.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 08:28 AM   #65

Trailer: 2006 (25B21RB) 21 ft Bigfoot / Dodge 2500 Diesel
Quote:
The Bal Leveler is nice, too. What it needs to go along with it, though, is an audible level that could be placed in an appropriate spot so that when the trailer was leveled, it beeped or something. (Is there any such thing?)
Bobbie
Camping World has an audible level made for Motor Homes. I don't know if it is loud enough to hear outside the trailer.

We like our awning clamps, which are pretty useless without an awning. So, awning first, then the clamps make it more usuable.
Dean & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote