Best RV club for low cost camping and where do I find a local camping club? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2013, 02:14 PM   #1

Name: Shawn
Trailer: Boler
Florida
Best RV club for low cost camping and where do I find a local camping club?

It has been years since I owned a RV so I am trying to recall as much as I can now. Can someone tell me which RV club to join to get better camping rates? I already have the Good Sams but it only pays for the taxes on a camp site. I would like to do a whole lot of weekend camping but the Florida State Parks are booked 2 months in advance around here and the private camp grounds are very pricey.
Also is there a web site that shows any local clubs in my area?
ShawnKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:16 PM   #2

Name: J Mac
Trailer: 17b Escape
British Columbia
Hey ShawnKK,
www.freecampsites.net might be what you're looking for.
J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:10 PM   #3

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
If you, or someone in your camping party, are age 62 or older, your National Parks Senior Pass ($10 for a lifetime pass) entitles you to half off camping fees in the National Parks, and discounts in many Forest Lands (BLM - Bureau of Land Management) and State Parks.
Happy Camping!
Gilda (Jill-da)
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:22 PM   #4

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
We belong to the Good Sam club and KOA. Some of the other so called clubs only have good pricing during the year when no one camps. Just B careful and do the research B 4 you join.
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:38 PM   #5

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
We belong to passport america and it usually pays for it self yhe first week.

The best deal is the golden eagle for seniors. Ypu can also get a similar carf from Maryland for senior half price camping.

In Newfoundland we get 35% off as a senior discount. This means $14 a night with electricity, less without. NL provincial parks are beautiful.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 02:52 PM   #6

Name: Anita & Ken
Trailer: 1975 Boler, tow vehicle is 2007 Silverado
Manitoba
In Ontario Provincial Parks, there is also a senior discount and an even better discount if you have a 'disabled' parking sticker.
A Storgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 03:59 PM   #7

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
The Federal Interagency Pass is the best deal going. If you're over 62 it's a one time fee of $10.00 which gives you access to National Parks, and 50% off most federal campgrounds, including National Parks, BLM, Corps of Engineers, TVA, and National Forest campgrounds. If under 62 you buy an annual pass for $80.00 mostly does the same thing.

An example of costs. I have the Golden Age Passport, which is older version of Interagency Senior Pass. We travel in the winter for 3 to 4 months, average camping fee, less than $10.00 per night, and no entrance fees into the national parks. Summer you'll find us at National Forest Campgrounds, with the same average of less than $10.00 per night.

I don't have any of the RV Resort camping memberships. I don't think any of them come close to the federal pass deals.
Old 06-09-2015, 04:46 PM   #8

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
Best RV club for low cost camping and where do I find a local camping club?

We're not yet eligible for the Senior Pass. We have Passport America and its worked out pretty well, with an average cost per night at most member campgrounds of $15 or so with full hookups. When we want to get off the beaten path, BLM campgrounds are abundant and even cheaper, with no pass required.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 06-09-2015, 06:52 PM   #9

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Kinnaman View Post
The Federal Interagency Pass is the best deal going........................................ If under 62 you buy an annual pass for $80.00 mostly does the same thing.
That is very interesting, I will have to check it out.
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 07:12 PM   #10

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber Wolf View Post
That is very interesting, I will have to check it out.
Here ya go..

I don't see anything on this site about camping fees, so I could be wrong about that. However if you visit a number of National Parks it could be worth the cost.
Old 06-09-2015, 07:19 PM   #11

Registry
It looks like the annual pass doesn't cover any camping fees, according to this site.
Old 06-09-2015, 07:24 PM   #12

Trailer: 2002 16 ft Scamp
Unless something has changed in the last two years, the interagency pass gets you in free where an admission charge applies but doesn't reduce your camping fees.

Edit - Sorry Byron, I'm a slow typer.
Al and Cindy K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 07:33 PM   #13

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al & Cindy K View Post
Unless something has changed in the last two years, the interagency pass gets you in free where an admission charge applies but doesn't reduce your camping fees.

Edit - Sorry Byron, I'm a slow typer.

No problem. The Senior Pass does reduce camping fees, as does the Access Pass. The Access Pass is for the disabled. The Annual Pass if for those that don't qualify for either of the other two.

The last few years (5) we've spent the winter in National Parks No entrance fees and camping either $5.00 per night or $6.00 per night. None of the places have full hookups. There's a reserved it campground in Death Valley that has a few full hookups and I think two commercial places with hookups. Lake Mead had several commercial places with full hookups, but also a large number of nonhookup that the pass works at. Organ Pipe Cactus doesn't ahve any spots with hookups, but the do have a farily large no generator area.

We also stay, summer time, in National Forest service campgrounds for 50% of standard camping fee. Usually that means less than $20 for standard fees and less than $10 for geezer fees.
Old 06-09-2015, 07:46 PM   #14

Name: Bob
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA
W. Mass
I've been getting camping for 50% off with the Interagency Pass, just made reservations at RMNP as well as Arches and got it.
Old 06-09-2015, 07:57 PM   #15

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin00 View Post
I've been getting camping for 50% off with the Interagency Pass, just made reservations at RMNP as well as Arches and got it.

That's a long drive. Hope you enjoy the trip. Sometime in late August we're planning heading for MOAB and other points in UTAH. Don't know if we'll get to RMNP, but it's on our bucket list.
Enjoy the trip.
Old 06-09-2015, 08:56 PM   #16

Name: Anita & Ken
Trailer: 1975 Boler, tow vehicle is 2007 Silverado
Manitoba
Where are the passes purchased? Are they available to Canadians also?
A Storgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 09:15 PM   #17

Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
Federal Interagency Recreation Passes

America the Beautiful (U.S. National Park Service)

I do not know anything about the first pass , but the page does seem to answer a lot a queations.(FAQ)

I do know that with the America the Beautiful pass you do get discounts on camping and that not ALL state parks except it ( Texas state parks don't)> I do know that ALL National and Federal parks do( national forest areas,COE those type places) they also have a very good FAQ page.

If you are a senior $10.00 for a Life Time Pass is well worth the money......if not both sights are worth looking at because you might just find something one one of them you could use.
Lynn Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 10:26 PM   #18

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
No, not for Canadians.
Both passes for camping reductions state only for US citizens and residents with US ID.
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 11:47 PM   #19

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Storgard View Post
Where are the passes purchased? Are they available to Canadians also?
Sorry, US Citizens only. It would be nice if it was otherwise.

To answer for others when are the passes purchased... Any US National Park, National Forest Service Ranger Station, those are probably the most common places to purchase one. I believe you can also purchase one at a National Forest Regional Office.

I've seen the passes for sale in National Parks at either the entrance, if they're collecting at the entrance or at any National Park Visitor Center.

They're also good at Corps of Engineers Campgrounds that charge a fee and BLM campgrounds.

WOW how can you go wrong?
Old 06-10-2015, 12:43 AM   #20

Name: Cathy
Trailer: Escape 19' sold, 21' August 2015
POBox 1267, Denison, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Musgrave View Post
Federal Interagency Recreation Passes

America the Beautiful (U.S. National Park Service)

I do not know anything about the first pass , but the page does seem to answer a lot a queations.(FAQ)

I do know that with the America the Beautiful pass you do get discounts on camping and that not ALL state parks except it ( Texas state parks don't)> I do know that ALL National and Federal parks do( national forest areas,COE those type places) they also have a very good FAQ page.

If you are a senior $10.00 for a Life Time Pass is well worth the money......if not both sights are worth looking at because you might just find something one one of them you could use.
The Senior Pass (for age 62 and over) is for national parks and federal recreational lands. It is unlikely that a state park will honor it since it is federal. Some may.

Yes, cannot beat $10 for life. It is half off at most federal camping facilities but not all. Some Corps of Engineers campgrounds, for instance, may not be run by them.
Cathi is offline   Reply With Quote