best technique for air flow with Maxx Air Fan with 13 footer - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2010, 03:29 PM   #1

Trailer: 2009 13 ft Trillium (USA)
I need some help deciding the most efficient way to take advantage of my Maxx Air Fan. Right now at 87º and humidity I have the fan blowing out, lid up (doesn't work when it's down) and door window open a crack and back window above bed open 2 inches. That seems to work the best but does anyone have a better idea to achieve maximum air flow? I thought it would work with the rain lid down to try something different.

I don't have AC for the beach in North Carolina this week and heard the Maxx Air Fan works great. I have never needed it but I want to be sure I do this right before I get there.

Thanks, Lloyd
lloyd cicetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:59 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 13 ft 2010 ('Ladybug') / 2003 Subaru Forester
Registry
Lloyd:

I think you are doing it the right way. The air at the top of your trailer is likely the warmest, so you want the fan to blow it out. You probably can tell from the sound on the fan whether you have enough windows open to let air in. If you have an open screen door and turn the fan up to high you get the maximum air movement.

Brian
Old 06-15-2010, 04:57 PM   #3

Trailer: Eggcamper 2007 ('Wolf's Lair')
Quote:
I need some help deciding the most efficient way to take advantage of my Maxx Air Fan. Right now at 87º and humidity I have the fan blowing out, lid up (doesn't work when it's down) and door window open a crack and back window above bed open 2 inches. That seems to work the best but does anyone have a better idea to achieve maximum air flow? I thought it would work with the rain lid down to try something different.

I don't have AC for the beach in North Carolina this week and heard the Maxx Air Fan works great. I have never needed it but I want to be sure I do this right before I get there.

Thanks, Lloyd
Lloyd

It sounds like your are doing things right for max air flow.

The fan in the new MaxxFans will operate with the lid down but, of course, will not move air in or out of the trailer.

I have two MaxxFans in my EggCamper. The older one (toward the front) has to have the vent open for the fan to run but the new one (in the rear over the bed) works with the vent open or closed. I keep a rear window open about 4" and run the front fan in "out" mode to circulate air and find it works very well.
Orlen Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 03:09 PM   #4

Trailer: 2010 Trillium 13 ft (California-made)
Registry
Hi Lloyd,

We are just back from nearly two weeks down on Ocracoke at the NPS campground The temps were in the 80s and 90s but with that good Outer Banks breeze.

The Maxx fan was great when needed ... we ran it blowing out with the rear window open (gotta love those jalousie windows!) at times, as well as blowing in (for the Golden Retriever) at night occasionally. Both ways moved the air around alot.

Our 2010 Trillium 1300 performed beautifully in the prolonged shake-down cruise from VT to NC and back again

Have fun!

Maggie (and P. Raz)
Old 06-18-2010, 05:04 PM   #5

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Talking

Lloyd,

We haven't had hot enough temps to even run our Maxxair. We get ventilation at night with the Maxxair cover open and we haven't had rain come in, and then the front window, under the open window guard, open about half an inch. Of course we had temps in the 40's at night and were running the heater.

For the day, we open all the windows and with the jealousy windows we haven't had any rain inside, but also have not had a real downpour.

So I think if it is hot, that all the windows open and the fan on max would bring in the most air. We have had the TV and Homelet out in the sun. Inside the TV it was HOT, but inside Homelet, it was barely warm. The tinted windows, insulation, and light color of Homelet really resist heat gain.

Leaving the door window open on an unattended trailer would allow someone to easily enter by reaching in through the window and opening the door.

I don't understand why you wouldn't open all your windows. Are you talking about settings while you are inside sleeping at night? Then I would crack all the windows slightly open except the door. If it is day and you are inside or nearby, just open them all up. I wouldn't run the fan unless I were present.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote