Big Bend National Park for Christmas? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-10-2007, 12:27 AM   #1

Name: Nita
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot 5th Wheel Deluxe
We're planning to be in Big Bend National Park, Texas for Christmas. Are there any other fiberglass campers going to be there too?

Last year we met a Scamp couple from North Carolina, and saw a Casita but never caught up with the owners. We would enjoy meeting other fiberglass owners if it can be arranged.

Happy holidays to everyone!

Nita & Marty
Nita F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 11:01 AM   #2

Trailer: Summit Weekend Refuge
Nita,

We won't be going for Xmas, but are thinking about it for a bit later---say January or February. So I will be following this thread with interest in case anyone has current info about BB.

We have been there twice, but it was many years ago. We stayed in the Chisos Basin campground and had a great time, doing things like hiking to the Rim and visiting Boquillas Canyon, etc.

To give you an idea for how long it's been, we were completely bummed about having to pay 37 cents a gallon for gas!

Well, Marathon, is still ninety miles away, I reckon, so I suppose it would be a good idea to fill up before hitting the park.

Where in S.E. La are you located? I orignally grew up some miles to the north of you---in Vernon Parish.

Best,

Art
Art Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 04:50 AM   #3

Name: Nita
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot 5th Wheel Deluxe
Hi Art,

We live 25 miles east of Baton Rouge.

I wish gas was still that price! There are 3 gas stations in the park now as well as several in Study Butte on the west side of the park. We have been camping in Big Bend for Christmas for most of the last 20 years. The warmest place we could find without the crowds! The parking lot in front of the Rio Grande Village store is the only place in the park for full hookups. There are a couple of campgrounds in Study Butte too.

Have a good visit. It is a beautiful and fascinating place

Nita
Nita F. is offline   Reply With Quote