big foot 17ft vs casita 17 ft - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-12-2009, 04:21 PM   #1
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Does anyone have any info on how these two trailers compare to each other? I am considering purchasing one or the other and want to get all the info I can on them to help make a decision

Ted Schmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 04:29 PM   #2
Name: Roger
Trailer: 2009 Trillium 1300 "Homelet"/2014 Subaru Outback "Rosie"

You will be happy to know that Casita now has information on its website:

As does Bigfoot:

You can compare online!

Have fun!

A charter member of the Buffalo Plaid Brigade!

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 05:07 PM   #3
Name: Tim
Trailer: Class B for now
IMO and I stress that, I have never owned a Casita. But I have had several Scamps which you can compare them to ,with slight differences. I have also owned a 17.5 Bigfoot, and I would say the Bigfoot is in a totally different class. But I would also consider what are you using to tow the trailers. The Bigfoot is wider and heavier, and better built. If you have a big enough Tug I would go with the Bigfoot, but if you have a some what smaller Tug I'd go with the 17' Casita. If you can it would be nice to look at them both and see which layout you like. Good Luck with you Quest.
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 05:19 PM   #4
Commercial Member
Name: Brian
Trailer: 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Are you buying new or used? If buying new, Casita is still in business but Bigfoot is not. That may affect your decision. If buying used, go with what works best for you, price wise, tow vehicle size wise, karma wise...
2003 Casita SD 17'
brian m. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 06:27 PM   #5
Trailer: 2007 Casita
Your from Montana? As others have said, knowing what your gonna tow with will help with that decision. Also knowing if you are camping alone, a couple, a family. Plus in my opinion the Casita and Bigfoot are two totally different trailers! It's like asking to compare a kiddie pool with a olympic size pool. (kinda anyway) Both are camping units with tires so you can pull them behind your tow vehicle. But each was made to fit into a different camping/rving style, price range, and ease of use. The Casita is perfect for ease of use! The easiest camping unit I have ever owned. But it's basic! The bigfoot was made for cold weather climate and because it's much bigger than a Casita there is more move around room, draw back is it's heavier, wider, etc. If you can/want bigger I totally suggest a bigfoot, if you want small compact then the Casita is the way to go! Let us know more about how you are going to use your trailer so that we may be able to help you find what your looking for.

Too bad you hadn't posted sooner, cause there have been several Casitas for sale in Montana in the last 6 months. Robin
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote