Big Foot Questions - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2010, 04:27 PM   #1

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Question Big Foot Questions

I believe Big Foot, a Canadian Company, was out of business for a while, but are now back making RVs. I am I correct?

To buy a new Big Foot, do you buy from the factory, like Scamp and Casita?

Big Foot made not only Travel Trailers, but Truck Campers as well. Are they still making both types?

Do they sell Big Foot RVs in the US, lower 48 as well as Alaska?

Are there many used Big Foot Truck Campers in Canada?

Why so many Big Foot Questions? My son is very interested in down sizing from a fairly large 5th wheel to a Truck Camper. They are now living in the Fairbanks Area of Alaska.

Thanks for any Answers you might have.
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:46 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Trailer: 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
This might help answer some questions:
Bigfoot RV - Motorhome, Truck Camper, Travel Trailer - Recreational Vehicle Manufacturer - What's New at Bigfoot
brian m. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:06 PM   #3

Trailer: 2004 Bigfoot 17 ft ('Beastie')
Registry
Bigfoot Industries was shut down by their creditors 18 Nov 2008. Their assets were sold and purchased in 2009 by former employees, I think. The company was/is located in Armstrong, BC. I believe the US dealerships are all gone, as are any warranties. Someone in the family is providing service and repair nearby (Gilmay?). The re-birth of Bigfoot has not been brisk. It is a shame because the company went back to the late 1970's. They made travel trailers, truck campers and motorhomes. I am a Bigfoot owner and observer with no connection to the companies.

http://www.gilmay.ca/
BobB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:23 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Bigfoot questions.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian W View Post
I believe Big Foot, a Canadian Company, was out of business for a while, but are now back making RVs. I am I correct?

To buy a new Big Foot, do you buy from the factory, like Scamp and Casita?

Big Foot made not only Travel Trailers, but Truck Campers as well. Are they still making both types?

Do they sell Big Foot RVs in the US, lower 48 as well as Alaska?

Are there many used Big Foot Truck Campers in Canada?

Why so many Big Foot Questions? My son is very interested in down sizing from a fairly large 5th wheel to a Truck Camper. They are now living in the Fairbanks Area of Alaska.

Thanks for any Answers you might have.
As the former owner of 5- different Bigfoot's over the last few years and still an active member of the Bigfoot Owner's International Club, we have been told that Mike Rosman is the only factory dealer at this time. Here is the link to his website: Rosman RV

From the Rosman RV website:
"Bigfoot RV is Back! Only at Mike Rosman RV, Canada’s Exclusive Bigfoot RV Dealership.
Contact sales at 1-800-667-1124 or watch this space for more information."

They are located in Vernon, B.C. As far as used Bigfoot campers, you will see lots of them in Canada and in our area of the Pacific N.W.
Deb
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:26 PM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
on a side note,
Truck Camper Magazine - Go Anywhere. Camp Anywhere. is a good site for your son to poke around on. northern-lite is another molded fiberglass truck camper like bigfoot.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:13 PM   #6

Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
Canadian manufacturers are having as tough a time selling product as American rv manufacturers in these tough economic times. Several manufacturers have gone under. Canadian exporters also have the challenge of a high Canadian dollar compared to previous years when a low value Canadian dollar was an advantage to export to the states. American dollars had more purchase power. I can imagine Bigfoot proceeding very slow making sure that there are sales to cover their costs of production and rebuilding. I know people in the RV manufacturing business and when the Bigfoot assets were sold, they commented to me that they were sold to people not known to them in the industry and were not sure if they expected to flip the business when economic times were better. Big foot owners may know more.
Kent I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:45 AM   #7

Trailer: Bigfoot 21.5 ft (25B21RB)
Deb and Chuck are correct about Rosman in BC being the only Bigfoot dealership that has been announced since the company re-start. The company that shut down in 2008 not only made fiberglass trailers and truck campers. They had also expanded into producing motorhomes and stick-built trailers with slides. The new company announced that truck campers and trailers would be produced. Rumor has it that some 2010 truck campers have now been completed. When I lived in Anchorage there was a Bigfoot dealer that exclusively sold truck campers on his lot. I can't remember the name of his business, but he has probably gone out of business or switched to another brand. Bigfoots were one of the most popular campers sold in Alaska so there should be a few used ones available.
David and Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:50 AM   #8

Trailer: Bigfoot 21.5 ft (25B21RB)
A correction to my previous post. Bigfoot RV has recently updated their website and announced that the first new production came off the line in August and is a 2011 truck camper. Rosman is still the only dealership listed on the site. It appears that new Bigfoot trailers and truck campers can be ordered through Rosman.

Current Bigfoot owners hope for the best with the new company. In the meantime, a company called Gilmay's is reportedly offering excellent service to Bigfoot rv owners. Gilmay's is made up of former owners and employees of the now-defunct Bigfoot Rv company. They are located in the same valley in BC.
David and Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:08 AM   #9

Trailer: 2007 17.5 ft Bigfoot (25B17.5G)
Registry
A good site for used Bigfoot campers is buysell.com, a Canadian site. U.S owners are not able to post their trailers for sale on this site. They usually have quite a few used Bigfoot trailers and campers for sale.
Ron N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:44 AM   #10

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Craigs list for Vancouver and Victoria are also a good place to look for a used Bigfoot trailer. They don't come up every day but fairly often. There was a older 19' on the Vancouver list the other day. So check the listings often.

Yes you see a lot of Bigfoot truck campers in this area. In fact if you spend any time on the West Coast in some of the good fishing spots you will note they are very popular with the sport fishing folks and if a guy with a truck camper doesn't currently own a Bigfoot, he wants to! :-) Before I bought my own trailer I once borrowed my brothers camper and I had a lot of folks wanting to see inside and asking about it at the campground. It got more attention than my Scamp normally does.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 06:35 AM   #11

Trailer: 2004 Bigfoot 17 ft ('Beastie')
Registry
For those interested there is a small write-up on the Bigfoot 25B17.5FB in Trailer Life Nov 2010 (current issue). That particular model doesn't seem to be on the websites of either Bigfoot or Rosman RV. No price either! Hmmm?
BobB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:25 PM   #12

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
From the Bigfoot Owners Association Website:

Bigfoot Industries has selected Mike Rosman RV, Vernon, BC, as their Canadian distributor and Big Sky RV, Bozeman, Montana as their US distributor.
BradBev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:14 PM   #13

Trailer: Bigfoot 21ft (25B21RB)
i found a great deal on my bigfoot here on this forum
Phil Underwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 03:53 PM   #14

Trailer: 2003 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Rita')
Bigfoot question

This seems like a good place to ask this question ( I hope).
I saw some pics of a 25 foot Bigfoot, with the rear bedroom, plan with queen, or the one with twin beds. I was looking into maybe buying one of these.
Does any know --I believe they have ducted heat? Yes? But not ducted air, right?
If anyone gets a lead on one, a heads up would be appreciated. I believe most Bigfoot owners are really happy with them, and I know they are really well made.
Thanks,
Betty L
Betty L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 06:43 AM   #15

Trailer: Bigfoot 21ft (25B21RB)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty L. View Post
This seems like a good place to ask this question ( I hope).
I saw some pics of a 25 foot Bigfoot, with the rear bedroom, plan with queen, or the one with twin beds. I was looking into maybe buying one of these.
Does any know --I believe they have ducted heat? Yes? But not ducted air, right?
If anyone gets a lead on one, a heads up would be appreciated. I believe most Bigfoot owners are really happy with them, and I know they are really well made.
Thanks,
Betty L
They have ducted heat, and roof a/c units
Phil Underwood is offline   Reply With Quote