Big guy in a side bath Scamp 16'? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-13-2017, 05:32 AM   #15

Name: Gordon
Trailer: Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishingBob View Post
Gordon, I've wondered about that too. When I inspected the Parkliner, the rep didn't really want me checking out the bed (he had it set up as a U, very spacious), but he eventually let me; no pillow involved, but it did seem long enough, with a couple of inches to spare. And I suspect that the reception I'd get at a rally wouldn't be even that much; big difference between inviting someone inside to look around, and having them plop down on the bed, especially when there's no sales incentive in the background.
Perhaps but (with only one exception that I know of) egg owners are great about helping other current or prospective egg owners. I would have no problem with most anyone trying my bed, on top of the covers or if it was not made (I guess I would draw the line at strangers getting between the sheets ). I know that the size and the extra firmness of the foam are things that people should know about and be prepared for.

It has been my experience that when a sales-person does not want someone to try out a normal function of whatever they are selling, there is a good reason for it.

Old 02-13-2017, 12:33 PM   #16

Name: Al
Trailer: Scamp
North Carolina
Bob, I've got you by an inch or two and more than a few pounds but we managed quite well in a 16' standard layout four Scamp for six years.

Showers in a sitting position are possible and I didn't find them all that uncomfortable. The stock cushions were indeed worthless as a bed so we had a custom mattress made by Southern Mattress (which is just up the road from us) and left it in 'bed' mode full time. We made multiple trips from NC to the southwest and also to Canada and Florida. Around 2010, we bought a 19D front bath and it does have sufficient room for me to stand upright in the head. That is admittedly more comfortable but I don't really spend that much time in the john.

The advice to attend a rally and check out the various manufacturers and floor plans is sound. Plus, you'll get to meet some really nice folks.

Al

Tags
scamp