Big Rig RVers - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-03-2012, 08:34 PM   #29

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by john warren View Post
i have to admit i'm a little conflicted....moving up in size from my teardrop camper to a full sized scamp 13. i hope i don't come off as ostentatious at the camp grounds.
Such a great post.
I swear, none of us will point and laugh, and call your trailer ostentatious when we see you at the campground.
Sherry

Old 03-03-2012, 10:47 PM   #30

Name: Kristiano
Trailer: Trillium
California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by john warren
i have to admit i'm a little conflicted....moving up in size from my teardrop camper to a full sized scamp 13. i hope i don't come off as ostentatious at the camp grounds.
What's funny is we actually were looking for a teardrop trailer and ended buying our 13' trillium from the teardrop dealer. We felt a little bad "buying up" over our initial intent, but we're so happy we did.

My family all have big 40 foot rigs and hardly understand us getting such a small camper. I chalk it up to actually wanting to camp vs hang out in a "drivable home." As was said before, "to each his/her own!"

kristiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 04:13 PM   #31

Name: Bill
Trailer: Lil Snoozy / Jeep Cherokee
Pennsylvania
Registry
Also !

I forgot to mention in my previous reply to this thread the big rigs inability to maneuver around the trees in the out of the way places found in the primitive sections of a campground.
I know it is all personal choice, but if I can't pee outside when I'm camping, I'd have to ask myself if I was really camping. Now, of course the tenters may be saying the same thing when they see my rig! Like I said it is all personal choice, but I feel no envy with I see those huge rigs lined up in a row with not even 30 feet between them.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:38 PM   #32

Name: Dave
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 RB and Bigfoot 21RB
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill in Pittsburgh View Post
I forgot to mention in my previous reply to this thread the big rigs inability to maneuver around the trees in the out of the way places found in the primitive sections of a campground.
I know it is all personal choice, but if I can't pee outside when I'm camping, I'd have to ask myself if I was really camping. Now, of course the tenters may be saying the same thing when they see my rig! Like I said it is all personal choice, but I feel no envy with I see those huge rigs lined up in a row with not even 30 feet between them.

Of course this assumes that "Camping" is what you want to do. Many folks do not want a "camping experience". Each to his/her/its own
Old 03-04-2012, 06:49 PM   #33

Name: Barrie
Trailer: 13 ft Trillium (sold 1/1/12)
New Brunswick
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCDave View Post
Of course this assumes that "Camping" is what you want to do. Many folks do not want a "camping experience". Each to his/her/its own
I like to get away. I like to sleep in my own bed. I like the smells and sounds of the outdoors. I like a hot shower after a day hiking in the mountains....
Old 03-04-2012, 09:32 PM   #34

Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Bochoff View Post
I like to get away. I like to sleep in my own bed. I like the smells and sounds of the outdoors. I like a hot shower after a day hiking in the mountains....
X2.......except we just get to hike the trails and ride the bikes because there are no mountains near us. One think is sure we spend a lot more time outside than in when we go camping.The other sure thing is nothing is better than my own bed after a hot shower at night.