Bigfoot 17.5CB & 17.5G - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-21-2007, 08:25 PM   #1

Trailer: 2006 (25B21RB) 21 ft Bigfoot / Dodge 2500 Diesel
After months of fiberglass trailer searching, we are getting closer to making a decision on a purchase. We are now leaning toward the 17' Bigfoot travel trailer, but the bed is some concern.

If you have experience with one of these trailers, our questions are:

1) Which bed is more comfortable, the Dinette or Couch?
2) Which one is larger?
3) Which do you use on a regular base?

Thanks, Dean
Dean & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 08:42 PM   #2

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Comfort is relative... the dinette bed is longer than the couch bed in the CB model. The cushions are the same thickness. The dinette bed is also a few inches wider than the couch bed.

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 02:30 AM   #3

Trailer: 1987 20 ft Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Hi, Dean. We had the 17' gaucho model that we truly enjoyed for years, but we did find both beds to be a bit crowded for two. We chose to use the gaucho bed because we liked leaving the table set up. To widen the bed to full-size, my husband, Chris, did a modification that worked out great for us. We did have to kind of scoot off the bed into the bathroom during the night, but that was more than worth it to have the bigger bed. We really should have done a photo play-by-play of the modification, but I thought you might like to see this link where Chris described it:

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/index.ph...ed+modification

That was working out fine until... I started dreaming of a trailer with a queen size bed – that wasn’t too heavy to tow. It's a long story, but we've since bought two Bigfoot 5th wheels. We took our "new" 1987 camping for the first time last weekend and had a great time! We love the true queen size bed – that we didn’t have to put away in the morning.

Good luck with your shopping! It seems like they should be able to design these trailers with a bigger bed, but I guess there is only so much room. You can't go wrong a Bigfoot, but as you can see, we are very brand loyal.

Maureen
Maureen M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 07:07 AM   #4

Trailer: 2004 Bigfoot 17 ft ('Beastie')
Registry
Dean,

The beds in ours are front 78 X 42 and rear 70 X 40 inches. They are pretty narrow for two. Are you little people?
BobB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 06:15 PM   #5

Trailer: 2006 (25B21RB) 21 ft Bigfoot / Dodge 2500 Diesel
Quote:
Dean,

The beds in ours are front 78 X 42 and rear 70 X 40 inches. They are pretty narrow for two. Are you little people?
Bob, Thanks for the dimensions. We are not little, more like average with a combined weight of about 350.

Hi Maureen, Thanks for taken the time to tell us about the modification and posting a link on those modes. It may come in handy.

Roger, Thanks for letting us know about the cushions. We weren’t sure. I bet you enjoy your large bed in the 25 foot.

We will have to make a test bed with the above dimensions and give it a try. It may be too small. It's the old; it would be a perfect camper if only ... The bed may send us back full circle to either the Casita or Oliver. They are smaller trailers, but have 54 inch beds. However, the 21 foot Bigfoot looks real good, if only the price/weight ...

We are still interested in hearing how others use the 17 foot. We have found a nice used 17CB in another state and wanted to get some answers before driving a long way to see it. There are currently no Bigfoot dealers close to us. The one dealer in Colorado Springs changed owners and they dropped the Bigfoot line.

Dean
Dean & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 04:13 PM   #6

Trailer: 1999 Scamp 13 ft and 2003 Bigfoot 17 ft (15B17CB)
Dean and Mary,
We also were concerned about the bed sizes in a 2003 17 CB.We ended up buying it at the end of the season, but won't be using it until 2009. We will then be buying a larger truck that the BF requires. Plan on using the Scamp until then.
I called two Bigfoot dealers who say the current 17.5 has the same size beds as Bob's and ours. I assumed the extra 10 inches (16 ft. 7 in. vs. 17 ft. 5 in.) would have been to widen the beds, but maybe not!
Anyone else who can clarify?
Tony and Darlene (mt_horbites)
Tony Nowak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot