Bigfoot coming back! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-04-2009, 08:26 PM   #15

Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Registry
Quote:
Ian, I had the same read on those posts as you did. As far as trailers go, me downsizing to a 19' Escape from a 26' stick, and getting exactly what I want and need in a trailer is key to the enjoyment and amount of use I will get out of it. I also still do a lot of camping out of a tent when canoeing or backpacking in the backcountry, as that is what serves the purpose. People do have the right to choose what to buy, companies also have the right to decide what to sell. If they make the right decision, good on them, and if the decision does not work out as planned, they have to live with the consequences.

Yeppers, just my 2 cents worth too.
people do have the right to choose what to infer, as that is what serves the purpose, even when no such thing is implied!

Old 07-05-2009, 01:18 AM   #16

Name: Bruce
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft RQ
Missouri
I have to say this is excellent news. I am glad I turned on the computer tonight.

I owned a Bigfoot trailer for four years and tens of thousands of miles. Sold it last October and have regretted it ever since. I have looked at the others and nothing compares. The 21FB and 25 foot models have the largest dry bathrooms of any fiberglass trailer. But the trailers are still small enough you can get them into off road camping areas such as National Forrests, BLM etc. You can go without fear of cold weather. Just leave the hot water heater and the furnace on. My coldest night was a flat zero degrees Fahrenheit. It was warm and comfortable in the trailer and the water did not freeze. I took a shower the next morning. Also with an air conditioner and generator (and I have a Yamaha generator) you don't have to fear not being able to sleep in hot weather.

I have decided if I can't find an old stock new one I am going to order one of these. This time I am going for the front tool box option and wired for solar. I want to run four 6 volt golf cart batteries and that tool box should be a place to put them. There was not enough room for additional batteries on the older model. Also the tool box option adds two feet to the length of the frame from the axles to the hitch therefore it gets the axles back two feet farther. That should make it tow a lot better.

The 21' and 25' Bigfoots do pull hard. You really do need a pickup truck to tow one and a 3/4 ton is not too big. Part of the problem is the way the front of the trailer catches the wind. It would be nice if they had a more aerodynamic shape on the front. I believe a tall back camper shell such as a Fibrobec Quattro or similar on the truck would serve as an air shield and make the trailer tow easier.

Old 07-05-2009, 07:34 AM   #17

Name: David
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ)
Colorado
As a Bigfoot owner, I couldn't be happier if this news is true. There doesn't seem to be a lot of supporting information available at the moment. I have been trying to access the Bigfoot Owners Club website this morning and all I am getting is a blank screen. Maybe it crashed from too much activity all at once? I hope that many of those fine employees can get their jobs back and that Bigfoot owners can once again enjoy the factory support we once took for granted.

For those of you who prefer other brands of fiberglass trailers, just be happy for us without insisting that your choice was better. If Burro was to suddenly come back to life, I would be very pleased for Burro owners without insinuating they should have bought a Bigfoot. We should all be glad when the number of choices increases.

To other Bigfoot owners - anyone know what is going on?
Old 07-05-2009, 08:45 AM   #18

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
Nice to hear that they won't become a footnote in fiberglass trailer history.

Again...those are extremely nice trailers, but far too expensive for me and my wife.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:08 AM   #19

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Wouldn't it be nice, if it's true that someone purchased the molds, that they bring back the Bigfoot 5th Wheel. I'd surely be interested in looking at it.

As far as the Egg goes, seeing the lack of a back window when I was entering, caused me to immediatelhy turned around and go out. My only other memory was that I thought it was awfully bland inside.
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 02:02 PM   #20

Name: Yvon
Trailer: Bigfoot 17 ft 1992
Quebec
We are just come back of the first trip with my new 1992 Bigfoot 17" and we love it!!!

We have make a trip of 400 milles and nothing problem with the trailer , all work fine
Before starting to the trip i have make a great check up , ( i work in mecanic )
I tow the Bigfoot with a Chevrolet S10 pick up with a 4.3 l. engine and no problem same in the hill

Now it's official my Scamp 16" is for sale

Yvon Chayer
Old 07-05-2009, 06:15 PM   #21

Name: Phil
Trailer: Bigfoot 21ft (25B21RB)
Odem,Texas
Send a message via AIM to Phil Underwood
This is good news
Phil Underwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 07:03 PM   #22

Trailer: Bigfoot 2500 Series (25C9.6E 'Yeti')
Send a message via Yahoo to Pat And Arleen
We Love our Bigfoot more than any other trailer we have had before it. It tows better, rides better, and is built much better, Has more room than our 19' th wheel did and is the most comfortable camper inside than any other trailer, camper or RV we have spent any time in. WE love it and use it more than any camper we have had (just about evey weekend). "GO BIGFOOT"
Old 07-09-2009, 08:57 AM   #23

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Rear Bed
Was this all a cruel joke? The link to the Bigfoot website is now the old version with the plant in Armstrong and Sharon Mayall as President and CEO.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:34 AM   #24

Name: David
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ)
Colorado
Steve - I just noticed the same thing. In case you haven't seen it, there are some very mysterious messages regarding the "new company" over on the Bigfoot owners forum. It appears the new owners may have legally jumped the gun on the use of the old website or something to that effect. It does seem almost impossible that a new owner in a new location could resurrect the whole operation in such a short time. In any case, that recent announcement appears to have been very premature as to when and if Bigfoot is actually coming back anytime soon.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:38 AM   #25

Trailer: Bigfoot Rear Queen 25 ft
You'll have to look under "about us" to read the new information.

I'm not convinced this is a real comeback. On the other hand someone with authority could be drafting a "new" website in preparation for public consumption and not using a test environment offline to do the job...

Again, an invitation goes out to anyone associated with Big Foot to step up here and give us the goods.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:41 AM   #26

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Rear Bed
Quote:
You'll have to look under "about us" to read the new information.

I'm not convinced this is a real comeback. On the other hand someone with authority could be drafting a "new" website in preparation for public consumption and not using a test environment offline to do the job...

Again, an invitation goes out to anyone associated with Big Foot to step up here and give us the goods.
The "About Us" and "Contact" tabs currently contain the old company info. Yes, sure would be nice to know what's going on.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:18 PM   #27

Trailer: Bigfoot Rear Queen 25 ft
Right you are Steve. Oh well, maybe our discussions sparked some activity over there and whoever it was tinkering with the web site put it all back the way it was.

Maybe it was old man Withers from the amusement park!
Old 07-30-2009, 03:17 PM   #28

Name: Bruce
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft RQ
Missouri
It appears that Bigfoot is for sale again. This statement was on the opening page of www.bigfootrv.com as of 3:00pm 7/30/09:

<div align="center">Announcement</div>
Big Foot Industries was sold at a Bankruptcy Auction Sale on January 25, 2009. The new owners whom are active in other businesses have decided to put this company back on the market. Here is an excellent opportunity to purchase a great company with a history of having very good products and service. We will be offering for sale the Big Foot name, the trademarks, the web site, build books, the molds, and drawings. There are some of the key employees from the original company living in the area who may be interested in rejoining this company.

<div align="center">Interested parties may contact:
Cliff Davies
Ph: 250 833-8174
E mail: cliffd[at]mill-tech-ind.com
</div>

Tags
bigfoot