Bigfoot Dealer Question - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2019, 05:49 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Bigfoot Dealer Question

Hi All.

We are seriously considering ordering a new Bigfoot travel trailer with the options that we want.

Please let me know if anyone can offer input on...

...East coast dealers:

-Southland RV in GA
-A&M Services in NC
-Como RV in FL

...or Colorado dealer:
-Trailer World Denver

Thanks!
Daniel W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 08:08 AM   #2

Name: Bruce & Kathryn
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 RQ
North Carolina
Custom ordered ours from A&M. They are a great dealer. Speak to Mark.
Towed by 2018 Chevy High Country Duramax
Bruce Olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 11:18 AM   #3

Name: Henry
Trailer: BigFoot
Tennessee
We are currently negotiating for a 25B25RQ with Southland RV in Norcross, GA. We put a $2500 deposit down on a price acceptable to both parties. They do charge dealer prep and doc fees. They will want to give you a quote on financing, which is where we are at right now. We told them up front we do not need financing but they insisted on giving us a quote on financing so we said ok, supposedly with no obligation. Again, since we have the cash, we don't need financing. We told them this up front. At any rate, the terms of the loan are not acceptable at this point. We just want to pay the offered price and go home but that does not seem to be happening, at least not yet. Now they are saying we are not negotiating in good faith because we say no to the terms of the loan being offered. Very frustrating. I though this was going to be a simple and straightforward purchase, but no such luck.

There is a similar unit at Como RV in Fl. You may want to check out their price. Just be sure to ask about destination charges, doc fees and any other fees. Sometimes RV dealerships will use different terms, but it is all the same, just trying to get a few more bucks out of the customer. If you really need to finance then no problem. But if you go in with cash don't let them offer you a loan, it can be a nightmare.
Rzrbrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 11:41 AM   #4

Name: Karen
Trailer: Big Foot
Michigan
We ordered ours at Trailer World Denver and they were amazingly helpful They also arrange delivery to the East Coast. Small family business that has been around along time and VERY customer service focused. You can speak with Terri or Jordan. 303.329.3006
Karen in CO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 11:42 AM   #5

Name: Linda
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Virginia
Bigfoot Dealer

My husband and I are in the market for a Bigfoot but had never seen one in person. We went to A&M Services in NC and they are great. The owner (I think his name is Mike - I have a terrible memory for names) is who we spoke with and he was very honest and knowledgeable. When it comes time to order ours, we will go there.
BluebonnetGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 12:11 PM   #6

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen in CO View Post
We ordered ours at Trailer World Denver and they were amazingly helpful They also arrange delivery to the East Coast. Small family business that has been around along time and VERY customer service focused. You can speak with Terri or Jordan. 303.329.3006
I saw their BigFoot offering on RVTrader, and was very skeptical, since they do not have any 25R's on site. I was thinking it was a bogus dealership or at least fishy. Darn it. Had I come across your posting about TWD I would have given them a shot.
Old 02-13-2019, 12:52 PM   #7

Michigan
HI Henry They are the largest Bigfoot dealer in the country and folks purchase them from all over the country so they can't keep them in stock. Jordan keeps a constant stock on order with Bigfoot and you can customize the ones he has on order so you don't have to wait as long. There goal is to have everyone of their floor plans in stock as soon as they can get moved to their new larger location. IF there is anything I might assist with, just let me know.
Old 02-13-2019, 02:05 PM   #8

Tennessee
Karen, I really did not know that. I thought Apache was the biggest dealer, at least that is what Apache stated when were visited their location just south of Portland, OR a couple of years ago. Oh well, we just finalized our purchase agreement a few minutes ago, pick up the unit Feb 19.

Really wish I had the forethought to ask about this on this forum like Daniel W. did.

Thank you very much for posting Ms. Karen. And a Thanks to Daniel W. also for starting this thread.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:48 PM   #9

Michigan
They may have been a couple of years ago. Congratulations on your purchase, you will love it.
Old 02-13-2019, 05:08 PM   #10

Thanks to all for the great answers and discussion.
It was awesome to get contact names at the dealers that I asked about!
Old 02-13-2019, 10:48 PM   #11

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzrbrn View Post
We are currently negotiating for a 25B25RQ with Southland RV in Norcross, GA. We put a $2500 deposit down on a price acceptable to both parties. They do charge dealer prep and doc fees. They will want to give you a quote on financing, which is where we are at right now. We told them up front we do not need financing but they insisted on giving us a quote on financing so we said ok, supposedly with no obligation. Again, since we have the cash, we don't need financing. We told them this up front. At any rate, the terms of the loan are not acceptable at this point. We just want to pay the offered price and go home but that does not seem to be happening, at least not yet. Now they are saying we are not negotiating in good faith because we say no to the terms of the loan being offered. Very frustrating. I though this was going to be a simple and straightforward purchase, but no such luck.

There is a similar unit at Como RV in Fl. You may want to check out their price. Just be sure to ask about destination charges, doc fees and any other fees. Sometimes RV dealerships will use different terms, but it is all the same, just trying to get a few more bucks out of the customer. If you really need to finance then no problem. But if you go in with cash don't let them offer you a loan, it can be a nightmare.
:But first get your $2500 back as you only have around 30 days to do so, at least in Canada.
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 04:59 PM   #12

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2019 Bigfoot 25 foot rear twin
Maine
Dealer? Issues to look for on delivery?

Consider this as another vote for Trailer World Denver. We purchased our Bigfoot from them on January 15. It was a 3,000 mile round trip for us, but it was worth it! We have found no Bigfoot manufacturing defects so far after a month of ownership and only one issue requiring a service warranty visit. A very minor issue with the Thetford toilet.
Old 02-19-2019, 05:39 AM   #13

Thanks Bob in Maine for the input on Trailer World Denver!
Old 02-19-2019, 05:49 AM   #14

Bob in Maine...
...you mentioned that you had to have a service visit on your toilet.
Did you go back to Trailer World Denver for that warranty service, or did you use a local service shop?
Old 02-19-2019, 10:52 PM   #15

Tennessee
Bought and took possession of the BF unit at Southland RV in Norcross, GA. F. eb 19. Everything went very smoothly and without a hitch, everyone was great and did an adequate PDI. Drove home to Nashville, TN. 25RQ towed great, did not use a WDH, drove 60 mph, with unintentional brief spurts of 75. Heavy rain, windy, went up and down a long 6% grade, trailer was empty, but it did not waiver even a little bit. Pulled using a 2011 Tundra 5.7L 4x4 with tow package. Very pleased so far.
Old 02-20-2019, 05:45 AM   #16

Rzrbrn...
...that had to be a great feeling seeing your new Bigfoot in the rearview mirror on its first trip home!
Old 02-20-2019, 05:58 AM   #17

Bob in Maine...

Sounds like you drove from South AL to Denver to purchase your Bigfoot.
I might make a similar trip. I have a couple of questions for you:

1)
Please let me know how many days you allotted to the trip to Denver, how many days you planned for the stay in Denver, and how many days you took for the drive back to South AL. Also, please let me know what cities that you took overnight rest stops in to break up the out-and-back.

2)
Please let me know where you had your toilet warranty work done since you purchased your new BF in Denver.

Thanks!
Old 02-20-2019, 01:12 PM   #18

Name: Jerry
Trailer: Currently researching
Pennsylvania
Sounds Fishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzrbrn View Post

I think I'd walk away from that and find a dealer willing to take cash without question. And in doing so, this dealer might come to their senses and back off (not wanting to loose the sale). I'd remind them that they are not the only dealer you can buy from.
jkworcester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 06:59 PM   #19

Tennessee
We bought the unit and picked it up 2/19. Everything went smoothly once we got to the dealership. We drove the BF 25RQ from Atlanta to our home just outside of Nashville, TN in a severe rain storm and up a long 6% grade, Monteagle; the Tundra and trailer did very well, all without a WDH.

There really aren't many BF dealers in the East. We called one dealership who said they were not willing to sell the BF at this time, they were holding it to show, and if anyone wanted to buy they will have to order.
Old 02-22-2019, 12:46 AM   #20

Name: tony
Trailer: Bigfoot 25B21RB
British Columbia
Buying new bigfoot TT in British Columbia - the home of Bigfoot

All you American cousins forget that Canada lies to the north of you and British Columbia is where Bigfoots are made. How would you like a 35% discount on your US dollar? Actually today its 34%. A great family run Bigfoot dealer is in Abbotsford BC across the border with Sumas WA and just north of Bellingham. there are cheap $59 Allegiant and Alaska Air flights into Bellingham and rent a car and drive 45 minutes north to visit them if you don’t feel like driving from your home. Or call Rod and mark thiessen at Get-a-way RV or check out their website. Of course you will need to check with Homeland Security and find out the importing rules but those guys know how to do it and will help you set the trailer up including hitches. They’ve got Bigfoots on the lot. Tell them Tony Stojan sent you.
ninklink is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot