Bigfoot: Gaucho or Center Bath? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-20-2013, 03:00 PM   #1

Name: Robert
Trailer: In the market
Minnesota
Bigfoot: Gaucho or Center Bath?

Hi Everyone --
I am hoping to purchase a used 17.5 Bigfoot and can't decide if a gaucho or a center bath (or maybe even a front bed) is the ticket for me. What are your opinions concerning the two? Which should I get?
Thanks,
Rob
MN_Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:18 PM   #2

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Only you can decide what works for you best. I have a Leocraft, which has the same floorplan as the guacho model. I prefer it to the center bath, as it has a more open feel and the gaucho is more utilitarian. I have the dinette made into a full time bed and still have a couch/living room.

Keep in mind that I full time, so using space efficiently is a little more critical for me. Your mileage may vary.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:08 PM   #3

Trailer: 1993 Bigfoot 17 ftCB / 2003 Honda Odyssey
Bigfoot - I prefer the Centre Bath!

Rob,
As usual, you will ALWAYS get various preferences. Unlike Gina, I prefer the centre bath version. The fridge on my 1993 is full size with a separate freezer section whereas 'most' of the RB (Gaucho) have a smaller fridge. Some, apparently, seem to have a full size fridge. If they do that, then, I think, the closet will be much smaller. We like to leave the rear bed set up and have our dinette free. The windows are different also, with the CB having full size front and rear windows, but the Gaucho has more driver's side open windows with a small rear window. As you can see, that's why they make several versions. In general, I seem to see more of the Gaucho versions than mine. So, flip a coin, or pick the compromise that YOU prefer.
Good luck.
Mike .....>
Michael Pupeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:50 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Robert, to FiberglassRV. We're glad you're here!

Opinions are like belly buttons, everyone has one... including you! I think Mike is spot on... this discussion really IS about you!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:33 AM   #5

Trailer: 1999 Scamp 13 ft and 2003 Bigfoot 17 ft (15B17CB)
Hi Robert, Reguarding the front bed configuration, it seems to be an interesting option to me, but have never seen a real one. Coincidentally the prototype trailer from 2009 (just before Bigfoot went on hiatus) was for sale on fiberglass-rv-4sale: 2009 Bigfoot 25B17.5FB Travel Trailer | Chilliwack, BC, Canada | Fiberglass RV's For Sale
They seem to be very scarce so it not likely you'll find a used one.I called the seller last weekend, sounded like a good guy who told me the BF web pictures were of his trailer and he bought it at the factory in 2009. I might have considered it because of the narrow rear bed in our center bath ,only 41 inches and we like to leave the dinette up in front, but the BC trailer had no AC and he said there was a large "skylight" that precluded addding one. So that was the end of that thought. The 2500 series 17.5 trailer doesn't seem to have a wider back bed either, as far as I know, maybe someone with a post 2004 trailer will chime in.
The interior factory shots are pretty swank. He was asking $20,000 which seems a fair price considering the price of a new one (north of $35,000?).
Since we can get by with the narrow sleeping arrangement the center bath would be our choice between that and the gaucho, more light and more of an open feel. Have only been in one gaucho however and it was older with the dark woodwork. I think the newer (1500 series?) ones had a larger refrigerator.
Hope this helps Robert and welcome
Tony Nowak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:28 PM   #6

Name: Robert
Trailer: In the market
Minnesota
Thanks

Hi Everyone --
Thanks for your insights. My brain is taking it all in and it looks like there are good arguments for both. I'll have to see what I think after I've ruminated on it for a while.
Thanks again,
Rob
MN_Ice is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot