Bigfoot Redesign - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-18-2009, 12:39 AM   #21

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Thumbs up

Quote:
The problem with the sink is [b]you have to reach over the other sink and it is not directly accessible from the front of the counter thus making it hard to use efficiently.
Have you considered rebuilding the base cabinetry; swapping the [b]locations of the range and sink? Also, instead of arranging them in an "L" (at right angle to each other) make them both face the same direction: toward the Refrig?
Old 02-18-2009, 03:02 AM   #22

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Talking

Oh, my! A bedroom, parlor, kitchen, dinette and bathroom!! That ain't an RV, it's a home!

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:48 AM   #23

Trailer: 17.5 ft and 25 ft FB Bigfoot
Palmer M.

We went from the 4 burner stove in the Boler and 17.5 Bigfoot down to the 3 burner in the new trailer. Don't think I want to get rid of another burner.

Kurt & Ann K.

Moving the sink to the outside wall doesn't really help as I would still have to reach way over the counter to reach the sink. This sink does come with a cover/cutting board for one sink.

Roy in TO

We have 4 dogs and they do most of the pre-wash rinse. We also use paper plates and plastic cutlery when boondocking to save on water.

Frederick L. Sim...

I talked to a technician at the RV dealer where I bought the trailer. He explained how the cabnetry was put together. Everything seems to be interconnected so once you start it all has to come out. I don't think I want to tear it down unless there is no other option.

Roger C H

I started with a 13 Boler and had to boil water to do dishes and my wife used to have a sponge bath. We then went to the 17' Boler with a shower and hot water heater. My wife was in heaven. We then graduated sideways to the 17.5' Bigfoot with the same amenities. Now we have the 25' because my wife doesn't like taking the bed apart every morning and putting it back together every night. So for those who have said I got to keep the wife happy, I have been trying.

Tamid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:23 AM   #24

Trailer:
A suggestion for a simple modification: hinge a worktop extension behind the sink, so that when hinged up it doesn't interfere with anything (except the view, so you might want to make it removable) and when hinged down it provides an enlarged worktop area. It doesn't make the kitchen any more ergonomic, but then you don't have to dismantle half the kitchen!

(hinged up on the left, hinged down on the right)

Click image for larger version

Name:	bigfoot2.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	17965

Frederick could post a photo of the very similar arrangement used in the FiberStream.

Andrew
Andrew Gibbens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:32 AM   #25

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Rear Bed
Here's a link to some pictures of the layout (angled sink) that I mentioned earlier. It's a truck camper but all the more reason for efficient use of space.
Steve Dunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:25 PM   #26

Trailer: Bigfoot Rear Queen 25 ft
Tamid,

My .02 cents worth

If an extra sink is an issue, drop a cutting board [so it sits flush with the counter top] in the side you don't want to use!.... but don't carve up a new unit..... ...especially if you might only use it a few weeks a year...

Again, only my .02 cents worth from a duo Big Foot owner like yourself.

17 CB
25RQ
Time K is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot