Bigfoot's back - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-25-2010, 04:24 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Font page website ANNOUNCEMENT

January 25, 2010

We are pleased to announce that Bigfoot RV is now under new active ownership, and that we will soon begin production of our high quality Travel Trailers & Truck Campers at our facility in Armstrong, BC.

Our experienced Bigfoot staff & management are preparing to supply our Bigfoot products to the North American market in the very near future. In addition, we will make the supply of fiberglass parts for existing Bigfoot RV’s a priority, as we realize that this has been a difficulty for current Bigfoot Owners & service centers. To further support our network of current Bigfoot Owners, our experienced service staff will also be available to service existing Bigfoot RV's.

We sincerely appreciate all of the interest expressed by our loyal Bigfoot Owners & Customers in having our carefully designed, well-built products available once again. We assure you that we share in your desire to have Bigfoot RV’s continue in the tradition of providing recreational vehicles of the highest caliber to our dedicated and discriminating Customers.

We are currently seeking to establish authorized distributors in both Canada & the USA, and will provide further information regarding our operations & product availability in the coming days.

Immediate inquiries can be submitted to bigfoot[at]bigfootrv.com
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:28 PM   #2

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
Awesome news...
Great trailers.
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:47 PM   #3

Trailer: Bigfoot 21.5 ft (25B21RB)
We Bigfoot owners sure hope this latest announcement is legit. The last one proved to be total fiction. I noticed that the announcement states that they intend to produce trailers and truck campers. I always wondered whether Bigfoot Industries overextended its finances by getting involved in the motorhome market. I am especially pleased to see that the announcement included a statement about supporting existing Bigfoot owners with availability of factory-made parts. This is really good news if true.
David and Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 05:15 PM   #4

Trailer: 17.5 ft and 25 ft FB Bigfoot
Terriffic news if as mentioned its for real. My biggest wonder is will the new owners and factory honor warranties for trailers that have not expired due to years?
Tamid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:51 AM   #5

Smile

Well I did get a reply from the new owers of Bigfoot.....they will only honor the warranty on their yet to be manufactured products. For those of us who own Bigfoots and still within the warranty period we are out of luck.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:23 PM   #6

You can't really blame the new owners for not wanting to be financially responsible for quality control by the previous ownership. Most of the things that go wrong with RVs have warranties from the individual manufacturers of the items - such as AC, fridge, water pump, furnace, etc. We should still be glad if and when Bigfoots actually go back into production. If nothing else, just having a central parts inventory again would be nice. And if you ever need a factory-molded fiberglass item like a propane cover, gravel guard for front window, or spare tire cover they cannot be found anywhere else. Lastly, since no one else is making a true 4-season molded fiberglass trailer I am really glad I may be able to someday replace the older one I have now. I truly hope the new company succeeds and that some of those who lost their jobs will be re-employed there.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:46 PM   #7

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Front Bedroom
I have been actively looking for a late model Bigfoot so I am following this with great interest. I will likely be a customer depending on the prices. The USD / CAD exchange rate is a significant factor in that.

Personally I would not have great concerns about the warranty on a late model unit. The components that are most likely to fail are all manufactured by outside companies who cover their products separately. I have never heard of a major failure of the frame or fiberglass body of a Bigfoot. I would simply carry my own warranty on those. In the unlikely event of a leak around windows, vents, etc., repairs are relatively simple. If the electrical wiring is in order now it is very unlikely to fail and if it does the problem is traceable. The same thing applies to the plumbing. It consists of high quality tubing and any leak should be easy to remedy by tightening fittings.
Bruce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:22 AM   #8

The president of the Bigfoot Owners Club has been in contact with the new Bigfoot Industries and has announced on the club website that the new company is for real. According to that announcement, the company will operate in the same facility as before in Armstrong, BC. They will use the existing molds that are reportedly still in that facility. It is also reported that former Bigfoot employees are being brought into the new company. On the side of caution - there was also a statement that production may be 6 to 9 months away, so there must be quite a lot of hurdles yet to be cleared to get this operation back in business.

Old 01-29-2010, 08:44 AM   #9

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
thankw for the update. I'm sure it's a lot of work. It will be interesting to see what models they will eventually produce or maybe all of them... who knows. Take care. Glad to hear the molds are there and not hiding out in some top secret place in mexico (wink burro mystery)
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 01:29 PM   #10

Trailer: Bigfoot Rear Queen 25 ft
Road trip!!!!!!
Time K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:53 PM   #11

I got one of the last 25 foot front bed trailers built by Bigfoot. There have been many things go wrong. First neither the fresh water hose was connected to the tank and neither was the sanitizer hose connected to the blackwater tank. Fortunately I caught both in time and controlled any water damage. Cupboard doors were not put on level and some needed to be redrilled and mounted. The carpet on the roof is seperating. Vinyl in front of the heat vent is lifting. Electric short in the outside light caused me over 5 hours and $600 to correct. Paint chipped off the exterior frame for the storage area. Shower pressure is way down and can't find a cause. It would be nice if someone took responsibility for these defects. Other than that we enjoy it, have used it in -25C and been very comfortable and because it is insulated it is very quiet inside to the point I have to listen carefully to hear if my generator is working.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:01 AM   #12

Tamid, your experience really makes one wonder what was going on during Bigfoot's final production days in the fall of 08. Since they were shut down so suddenly, it seems that some under-construction units may have left the factory without final inspection. There were a number of units acquired by a bankruptcy salvage company as I recall. Hard to say now whether these were totally ready to be sold. I don't blame you for wishing the new company would honor a warranty for such situations. For your sake, I hope you got a really good deal on the purchase price to help off-set your expenses to repair the flaws.

The latest news from the Bigfoot Owners Club forum is that the new owner is the former production manager for Bigfoot Industries, with over 20 years experience building Bigfoots. He is already re-assembling some of the former employees for the new company. Hopefully, quality control will be a high priority.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:37 PM   #13

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Tamid, what you experienced with your Bigfoot is the exact same thing that happened with Burro. The last Burro trailers off the line, prior to closure, had flaws... some major, some not so bad. Good thing they're fiberglass and repairable!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 07:33 PM   #14

Trailer: Bigfoot 21ft (25B21RB)
Quote:
Awesome news...
Great trailers.
X2
Phil Underwood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot