Bigfoot Web Site Finally Down - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2009, 11:55 AM   #1

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Front Bedroom
It appears that the factory web site Bigfootrv.com has finally gone down. I hope that is temporary. I read somewhere that the name has been purchased and perhaps some of the manufacturing equipment by a group that has hopes of resuming production. I certainly wish them the best. If anyone has information on that please post.

I made a copy of the trailer specifications page from the Bigfoot web site last year. It it is a 4700k PDF file. It includes lists of specifications, floor plans, dimensions and options that were offered on trailers for the 2007 model year. Those same specifications apply to the previous several model years. It should be the same for the 2008 trailers unless they have the front storage compartment option. That option adds two feet to the length of a trailer tongue (thus the total trailer length) but it does not change the dimensions of the body.) The information contained in this PDF file would be invaluable to a person shopping for a used Bigfoot trailer. Since the file is 4700 K it is too large to attach to this post. I will forward it to any FGRV member who requests. Note to moderator: I will also forward the file to FGRV if you wish to post it on the web site.
Bruce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:28 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
PM sent!! I'll get the document uploaded into the Document Center
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:39 PM   #3

Trailer: 1999 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe ('Inn EggsIsle')
SAD
Old 06-08-2009, 02:16 PM   #4

Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
pjanits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:29 AM   #5

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot Rear Bed
In retrospect of Bigfoot's demise I often wander why it happened. It is easy to blame economy for all problems in the RV industry. During the purchase of my first '97 Bigfoot camper I remember talking to Bigfoot's founder asking him to modify their design from a carpet to a vinyl floor and to remove some of the gaudy brass from their design; coming from VW Westphalia I had hard time camping with carpets and brass features in the wilderness. Bigfoot's response was truly focused on customer satisfaction and the pleasant memory of this purchase will stay with me for long. We sold our camper in 07 for almost unbelievable resale price. We bought 08 21RB trailer and I certainly noticed the difference in the rigidity of their sale process. I find out that most of Bigfoot founder's management team died in the single airplane accident a few years back. I am certain that company have changed under the new management team. What struck me was Bigfoot's shift of focus from light weight RV towards heavy weight RV. During the purchase from Fred's RV in Sandy OR I felt as secondary citizen, oh, you buying a trailer! This Bigfoot shift from light to heavy weight could not come in worse time. Gas currently costs $4/gal, yes, you are correct not in gas stations, but certainly in buyer's minds. Have Bigfoot stay on the light side of the RV business as founders started they could still be in business. I hope Bigfoot will resurface again, this time in the light weight mode.
GeorgeR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot