Bigger Oliver - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-04-2016, 11:21 AM   #15

Name: Darral
Trailer: Scamp Standard 13' 2010
Tennessee
1st- you are right! BF did drop out...in fact I thought they went out of business and reopened...not sure on that.

No...as far as I know, the Olivers still own it. I really hate to hear that Robert left. He's brought the demo Oliver to the Piney (LBL) rally near Dover, TN 2 or 3 times. He didnt this past year (October 2015) and I wondered why. Something must have been amiss then. Havent met Alicia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Outlaw View Post
Darral are you saying the company now has new owners and not the Oliver family? I wonder because just yesterday I learned that Robert Partee recently left the company and Alicia sometime before the end of last year.

I am aware of the suspension, and not trying to justify it but unlike the other companies making FG trailers Oliver only had less than 50 of them at that time on the road. Barely an unknown company at the time, while Scamp, Casita, Escape had been in business for decades. But from what I was told by a local dealer that sold Bigfoot's they also pulled the plug during this time.

Old 02-04-2016, 11:26 AM   #16

Name: Rob
Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite II, #70
Montana
Alicia was the petite blonde (nice lady) that he hired first as a sales assistant I'm guessing by now a couple of years ago. We worked with both of them during the build and decision making process but mostly Robert. Anyway hate to hear both are now gone. No idea whats up with that.

Old 02-04-2016, 09:59 PM   #17

Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite 2008
I believe Alicia's husband took a job in another town which is why she left. Robert moved to Hohenwald to raise his boys in a small town, family friendly atmosphere. It worked well for them, and the boys are off to college. I think his decision to depart involved his long term plans for his retirement years . .

They were both quality employees and the current sales team of Anita and Karen are striving to please customers just as Robert and Alicia did.
Old 02-04-2016, 10:45 PM   #18

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darral T. View Post
So you have done absolutely NOTHING to the trailer since purchasing it?
Nope, nothing other than packing and rearranging several times and throwing down rugs. I haven't hung anything on the walls or anything... that doesn't mean I won't. I've still got some plans I'm noodling to make a few permanent mods. But I'm perfectly happy with the trailer just the way it is. But you must remember Escape allows a whole bunch of customization during the build.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 11:04 PM   #19

Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite 2008
Quote:
Whenever Donna D. Does incorporate one of her mods, she'll simply be making a perfect trailer perfecter.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:47 PM   #20

Name: Cathy
Trailer: Escape 19' sold, 21' August 2015
POBox 1267, Denison, Texas
Quote:
Escape does a long list of custom items. We sent them a bunch of things in addition to what they already have for options. They did an excellent job of installation on our exterior lights, table legs and bases, faucet, fabric. Also had our own flooring, counters and more. They only build custom-built trailers for each buyer.

Of course, people then do other things which is whatever Escape does not do or whatever you don't want to pay for, or items that are better done by you.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:52 PM   #21

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathi View Post
Of course, people then do other things which is whatever Escape does not do or whatever you don't want to pay for, or items that are better done by you.
Or, like me, you just go camping.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:55 PM   #22

Yes, well, you know we must be the exception with all of those many many mods we hear about.
Old 02-05-2016, 02:02 AM   #23

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006
California
Guess I'm in Glenn's corner too. I've made a few changed to my RVs over the years but nothing big. Level the rig, door carpet out, a chair and a beer and I'm good to go. Might have different thoughts if I was living in it for weeks or months at a time though.
Old 02-05-2016, 02:19 AM   #24

We have many Escape owners who are into electrical, woodworking, plastics business, contractor and more and they make some nice shelves, drawers, containers and all kinds of things as their hobbies, you might say. Awnings, tables and you name it.
Old 02-05-2016, 04:25 AM   #25

Name: Marsha
Trailer: Oliver
Michigan
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
I believe Alicia's husband took a job in another town which is why she left. Robert moved to Hohenwald to raise his boys in a small town, family friendly atmosphere. It worked well for them, and the boys are off to college. I think his decision to depart involved his long term plans for his retirement years . .

They were both quality employees and the current sales team of Anita and Karen are striving to please customers just as Robert and Alicia did.
Alicia left in June, shortly after we picked up our Oliver. Haven't worked with Karen much, but Anita is incredible to work with, as is the whole team at Oliver.
Old 02-05-2016, 07:54 AM   #26

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathi View Post
We have many Escape owners who are into electrical, woodworking, plastics business, contractor and more and they make some nice shelves, drawers, containers and all kinds of things as their hobbies, you might say. Awnings, tables and you name it.
Here is a link to my mod's
Planned modifications to BlackJack…. - Escape Trailer Owners Community
please note, over 40,000 views, so far.....
Old 02-05-2016, 09:41 AM   #27

Name: Darral
Trailer: Scamp Standard 13' 2010
Tennessee
I emailed Robert Partee to his old address yesterday inquiring to see if he was still around. Anita answered the email stating he was no longer with the company and asked if she could help me. I simply asked if Oliver had a replacement "rep" and if she was still with Oliver.

Again, Robert came to our rallies and brought some "give-aways" such as shirts, mugs, etc. He was a nice guy to deal with.

I havent heard back from Anita.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsha D View Post
Alicia left in June, shortly after we picked up our Oliver. Haven't worked with Karen much, but Anita is incredible to work with, as is the whole team at Oliver.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:29 AM   #28

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
1st- you are right! BF did drop out...in fact I thought they went out of business and reopened...not sure on that.

They did.

A number of Bigfoot's board members where tragically killed in a plane crash. The parties who took over from them decided to expand the business outside of what had been their main focus - small fibreglass trailers and truck campers. Bigfoot expanded their focus and started building BIG $$$ motor homes/buses etc - bad decision - when the US economy headed south they ran into trouble and they went bankrupt in Nov 2008 after having been in business for 31 years.

What was left of the company (the plant) was eventually purchased by former managers/employees and reopened in 2012 and is once again building only what was their original core business - truck campers and smaller fibreglass trailers.

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oliver