Blame it on the Canadians - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-28-2011, 09:34 PM   #21

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
The camp ground must have shower facilities and that's all really. Reasonablis a matter of what you want I think $25 for serviced sites is reasonable but don't expect me to pay much more than $10 for no services.[/QUOTE]

You had better stay up north! dont come done to the coast - Golden Ears for example and most others will run you $30 a night - no power no water.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 06:40 AM   #22

Name: Andy
Trailer: 1979 Ventura 13'
Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
The camp ground must have shower facilities and that's all really. Reasonablis a matter of what you want I think $25 for serviced sites is reasonable but don't expect me to pay much more than $10 for no services.
You had better stay up north! dont come done to the coast - Golden Ears for example and most others will run you $30 a night - no power no water.[/QUOTE]

I also take into consideration the area I'm travelling in and time of year aswell. I look at hotel prices and compare camp sites are normally 25% or less than a typical Holiday Inn or Ho Jo.
AndyGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:11 AM   #23

Trailer: Boler 1984
Be very carefull with your remarks. This topic is starting to get political.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 06:35 PM   #24

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Thankful

We have many things to be thankful over the last decade of virtual full time RVing. One I particularly treasure is the Canadians I've met.

One of the very first Canadians we met was in Codroy, Newfoundland. They were so gracious, bringing us a small Canadian flag so we could celebrate Canada Day with them.

We now have many long term Canadian friends, tied together by RVing and a similar heritage. Of course like all friends we have the ability to kid each other in the most gentle ways.

Safe travels to our American and Canadian friends, unfortunately few of us have much ability to sway our governments but tremendous ability to bond with each other.

Norm and Ginny
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 06:59 PM   #25

Florida
Red Bay

I just realized that the picture of us was taken from the top of Tracey Hill overlooking Red Bay harbor in Labrador. This is one of the wonderful ordinary places on earth.

The island in the picture is Saddle Back; it was used by the Portugese for whaling beginning in the 1550's. The hike along the bay reveals whale bones from this period.

WE ARE GOING BACK.

Norm
Attached Thumbnails
Red Bay.jpg  
Old 06-29-2011, 08:14 PM   #26

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
I just realized that the picture of us was taken from the top of Tracey Hill overlooking Red Bay harbor in Labrador. This is one of the wonderful ordinary places on earth.

The island in the picture is Saddle Back; it was used by the Portugese for whaling beginning in the 1550's. The hike along the bay reveals whale bones from this period.

WE ARE GOING BACK.

Norm
Did you drive and pull your trailer out there?
I was close to there is 1963-64 at Goose Bay. There were no roads into Happy Valley.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:24 PM   #27

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
Hey Alf - If you are heading to the fingerlakes, go a bit further west and visit Letchworth State Park (and yes, they have "power bushes!)
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:25 AM   #28

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Vermilye View Post
Hey Alf - If you are heading to the fingerlakes, go a bit further west and visit Letchworth State Park (and yes, they have "power bushes!)
Hi Jon Vermilye... Funny you should mention that...It's a stop over for one night on our way to Bolerama at Longbeach Conservation Area for the weekend... then home.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
checking out the neighbours.jpg   Gorgeious.jpg  

Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 05:57 AM   #29

Florida
Labrador

"Did you drive and pull your trailer out there? I was close to there is 1963-64 at Goose Bay. There were no roads into Happy Valley. "

Bryon,

They've opened the Trans Labrador Highway a few years ago, the locally named Freedom Road because it does let them drive out of the province in the winter. Labrador is by far the most rural place we've been with our trailer. We of course did drive thru Happy- Valley, Labrador's largest city, about 10,000 people.

One reason we like the area and the drive up thru Newfoundland is the spring time appearance of icebergs. Equally important is the slower pace of the area and the sheer beauty and uniqueness of the area.

The first picture is the start of the Labrador Highway. The last picture is Pinware River Gorge which empties at Pinware Provincial Park located on a nice red sand beach. We did not stay at this park because it was 'snow bound' in late June.
Attached Thumbnails
Trans Labrador Highway.jpg   Ice Berg.jpg  

Pinware River.jpg  
Old 07-01-2011, 07:42 AM   #30

Name: Richard
Trailer: uhaul ct-13
New Jersey
Registry
Absolutely beautiful Pictures Norm and Ginny!.. I have been planning my trip into that area and you have pretty much sealed the deal!..
Happy Trails!
Jeep Wrangler Sport TJ
Calud13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:51 AM   #31

Florida
Newfoundland

As much as we love Labrador we love Newfoundland. We usually go in the spring, May-July so we can see the Icebergs.

One of the many attractions is their provincal park, Gros Morne. One could easily spend weeks there and not see it all. Beyond being a park it is also a World Heritage Center for it's geology. North of Gros Morne is L'anse Meadows, the location of a Viking settlement.

One of the many neat things is the 'mail trail' along the coast. In the old days the mail men walked from settlement to settlement following the coast. In the process they created a trail through the shore foliage (now maintained). We hike it on our trips (4 times now). In all our hikes we have never met another couple. Here are a couple of pictures, one of the trail and one a view from the trail.

I love to write and talk about Newfoundland because it's such a beautiful place. If you like animals, Newfoundland is the place, moose everywhere.
Attached Thumbnails
Mail Trail1.jpg   Mail Trail 2.jpg