Bluebonnet then where - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-27-2010, 05:37 PM   #1

Trailer: 1999 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe ('Inn EggsIsle')
Karen and I will be going to Bluebonnet and then west, NM, AZ, Southern Cal, NV, Southern UT and CO, then from there we'll decide later, we are entertaining ideas that if you only come that way once what you would like to see, TX first, we are on no particular schedule up till mid July, what say you??
Old 03-27-2010, 07:32 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Talking

Wow, you should have one fine time on your trek! Hope some of these old posts in my files will be of help in planning your journey. Good Travels:
I-10 TX to CA Plus *** Boondocking/Dispersed Camping NM-AZ ** Southern Utah

Yuma to Tucson to Wilcox/Bisbee ** Utah via I-70

Northern New Mexico Campgrounds ** New Mexico Public Camping ** White Sands Nat'l Monument - Alamogordo

San Juans' Attractions - Campgrounds ** Santa Fe's Attractions ** New Mexico Campgrounds & Attractions **

Albuquerque

GrandCanyon/MonumentValley/Etc

Misc Suggestions Camping ** Santa Fe Campgrounds ** COE Campgrounds in New Mexico ** RoadTours NewMexico

Nat'l Parks West ** American Southwest Places ** ShakeDown Scamp/YamahaXT250 ** Las Cruces Area** Almost NM

Cloudcroft Camping ** Composite NM,AZ,TX Sites ** Chaco Canyon Routes ** Mescalero Sands BLM ** I-20/I-10 to Picacho ***or TexasHill Country to GrandCanyon

Colorado *** Twin Lakes State Park - Independance Pass - Aspen & Leadville Colorado ** Above Colorado Springs
2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab Longbed ARE Topper
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 07:57 PM   #3

Trailer: 1999 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe ('Inn EggsIsle')
Deserthawk, that should keep me busy for a while
Old 03-28-2010, 10:32 AM   #4

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Depending on the time of year you get there I would say Montana. Glacier National Park (fall colors are beautiful) Less crowds, no crowds after the 20th of Sept.

Glacier Images
Glacier National Park website
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 04:22 PM   #5

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to bill&sandra
If you aren't from texas and haven't see the Austin Capitol city tour (Take the Duck Tours for some fun and great Texas Capitol sites--very historic), Try to get a tour of the capitol building. Look up in the rotunda. It is very beautiful and unforgetable. I don't know when the bats will be coming out or if they are there at the Congress Ave. bridge. Ask at the Duck Tours place downtown and they should know. It's fun and they have pontoon boat river tours which is nice to slow down and see nature up close.
There is also the LBJ ranch and tour, The Ladybird Johnson Wildflower Park--you can buy plants too.
Texas is full of historic places and lots of folks to tell you all about it. Just stop at a town, find the Dairy Queen and ask the oldest person in there about their history and you are off!
Del Rio is a wonderful town and historic as well. There's Luckenback, made famous by the song and where there's a chili cookoff each year sometime.
On your way out of Texas, check out Marfa with the mysterious lights at night that's unexplainable! It has many artists living there so you might find something nice for the house, or rolling stock.
If you go up toward Lubbock or Amirillo, there's the Helium Museum where they discovered helium! pretty cool.
Hope this helps.

bill&sandra is offline   Reply With Quote