Boler differences - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2010, 07:41 PM   #1

Trailer: 1977 Boler
Took the body of the frame this week on a 77 1300 and noticed that the axle is bolted on where my 72 had it welded on. Were there differences between manufacturers in that they built them to their own specs?
RogerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:12 PM   #2

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
There were a lot of differences between the plants and model years Roger. Some of that may have even been due to suppliers.

Perhaps this might be a good thread to have people start listing their differences based on year and manufacturer. How many other differences can you see Roger? Does the 72 have a wood floor and the 77 a fiberglass one? How about the notch in the floor under the front bench for the porta potty?

Roy
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:57 PM   #3

Quote:
There were a lot of differences between the plants and model years Roger. Some of that may have even been due to suppliers.

Perhaps this might be a good thread to have people start listing their differences based on year and manufacturer. How many other differences can you see Roger? Does the 72 have a wood floor and the 77 a fiberglass one? How about the notch in the floor under the front bench for the porta potty?

Roy
Yes on both Roy. Some other differences I see are;
1. Belly band on 77 has a plastic trim piece
2. Lyster latch on 77 where the 72 had a teardrop style door handle
3. 77 has a plastic vent cover instead of metal plus it is bigger
4. Water tank under floor on 77
5. Door window on 77 bigger
6. No battery on 77 where 72 had one under table bench which I relocated on hitch.
7. Seam tape on 72, plastic trim on 77
Just for info, 77 was built in Earlton and was sold new into the US, 72 was built in Alberta.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:27 PM   #4

Trailer: 1974 13 ft Boler (built in Earlton
Registry
I have a 74 that was built in Earlton and the floor is a balsa type wood sandwiched between fiberglass and mine has the snaps fastened along the bottom, I guess it was part of a screen room.
Perry Mac Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:16 AM   #5

Quote:
I have a 74 that was built in Earlton and the floor is a balsa type wood sandwiched between fiberglass and mine has the snaps fastened along the bottom, I guess it was part of a screen room.
Mine also has snaps ahead of the door and behind the side window for an add a room. I also have what appears to be an original awning but it does not have any provisions for an add a room.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:16 PM   #6

Trailer: Boler 1984
84 Boler
I think that it must have ben completed in a hurry, on a Friday afternoon. They didn't put the square stiffener behind the hinge side of the door frame making it a bit floppy and there is no vertical support for the upper cabinet over the kitchen unit.

......... Original to the trailer......
I do have carpeting on the walls.
Fiberglass floorpan
All benches and cupboards are glassed in and NOT riveted
Portapoti space under centre of front bunk
Both upper end cupboards.
Table rail on the outside.
110v outlet outside under table rail and on front of kitchen unit
Molded front window cover/awning
Rail for rope type awning
Between the rails water tank, hand pump and city water tap
Frosted glass window w/screen over stove
Range hood over stove wo/fan
Door window same size as slider type side window, mounted vertically
Bargeman 400 lock... partially working
Originally had the spare tire mounted on rear and bolted through the hull. Removed and holes glassed over by 'Previous Owner'
Original ceiling vent was 10x10 with a metal cover [bent] mounted centrally.

I added a barrel type lock on the door for a couple of bucks verses mucho $$$ for a new Bargeman. We replaced the ceiling vent with a larger one with lexan cover. Adding a screen door with side frames has stiffened the trailer and removed some bowing besides giving much neded ventilation. we have made a permanent bed with front dinette and added new curtains. Welded 2X2 angle to the tongue to hold a group 27 battery. Front bunk has been removed and stored for the next owner in case they wish to remount it.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:53 PM   #7

Trailer: 1973 Boler 1300 (Glass-Fab
Registry
73 Boler, Glass Fab, Peace River.

No Toidy Notch.
All-white body
Fibreglass floor with glassed-in plywood ledges for screwing into.
Bolt-on Axle, leading arm
Open tube frame member under curbside floorwell.
Water tank under rear floor.
Double-sided foam tape seam trim
Spare tire rack mounted through holes in rear of body rather than bumper
Bargman L-400 lockset with oddball locking mechanism (it pivots on one end, rather than rocking on a center pin)
Range hood with no fan leads to louvred vent on road side.

Modifications:
Gutted out front bunk/couch and rebuilt as dinette/bed/settee which hides a flush toilet under the right hand bench. Added water pump, accumulator, and 1 1/2" greywater drain skirting the 3-Way fridge and joining up with the main toilet drain. No wastewater tanks, but straight through a 15-foot "Smartdrain" hose when full hookups are present, or into Smart-tote waste tank when no sewer available. Carry 30-gallon auxilary water tank in Tug.
Painted ensolite interior with plastic paint and redid seams with stitched folded vinyl straps glued with the invincible PL-400 adhesive. New 16" vent with fan (not a Fantastic). Laminate floor. Twin Propane tanks. New large drawer over fridge. New seat covers of industrial-strength outdoor polyester, new contrasting curtains. Added battery and fuse block for each circuit. Battery is fused as well. New wheels & radials. New 2000# Torflex axle.
Mike Bromley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 10:48 PM   #8

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Quote:
73 Boler, Glass Fab, Peace River.

Fibreglass floor with glassed-in plywood ledges for screwing into.
Hi Mike,

I'm curious about the glassed in plywood ledges on (in?) your floor. Where are they and what is screwed into them?

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 11:12 PM   #9

Trailer: 1973 Boler 1300 (Glass-Fab
Registry
Quote:
Hi Mike,

I'm curious about the glassed in plywood ledges on (in?) your floor. Where are they and what is screwed into them?

Raya
There are some under the aft benches that accept a screw through the glassed-in plywood lips that hold the bench to the floor. They also seem to provide a bit more beef for the butterfly bolts which carry the water tank tray...working with the frame rails.

I borrowed the design when installing my [residential code] toilet flange; PL-400ing a chunk of 3/4' plywood to the underside of the floor adjacent to the front A-frame. I made it so that if a body-off becomes necessary, the frame can drop free.

Once the adhesive set, I used a 4" hole saw to open up for the flange, which, when screwed down using #12 stainless wood screws, provides a mighty solid base borrowing rigidity from the adjacent (and still accessible) frame bolts.
Mike Bromley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:28 AM   #10

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Ah okay, gotcha. Thanks. For some reason I was picturing something around the perimeter of the floor and couldn't quite "get" it in my mind.

Thanks again,

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler