Boler home for the winter - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2008, 10:03 PM   #1

Trailer: Boler 1300 1969 (flat roof)
First of all, thanks to all the regular posters and moderators for all the great information. I find myself logging in just about every night to see what everyone is up to. I am and will be in the planning stage of my Boler renovations for a while yet; been ordered to forget about Bolers until some major house renovations are done, which or course have slowed to a snails pace having our two and a half year old around to play with.

Just brought my Boler home from it's summer storage at my Dad's up in Haliburton, nice to have it in the driveway again. I'll be able to keep the snow off it and relax in it while planning my future fixes and mods.

I drove home this past weekend through some pretty heavy rains and ended up with a fair bit of water inside, I figure most of it came through the fresh water intake hole which will need some caulk or at least duct tape for the winter. I've got a small cube heater and fan running in there right now to dry everything out. I have a wireless thermometer inside which tells me the temp. is up to 9.3 celcius degrees now. I'm happy that it seemed to tow very well behind my van, no swaying or excessive bouncing. It's got the original axle and cheap Canadian Tire auto tires on it right now.

We took a three week trip to Newfoundland this summer and happened to run into Des and Dee with their Boler just outside Cornerbrook. We didn't have the Boler with us but it was nice to meet people from this site.

Happy Halloween everyone!

Kevin

Tags
boler