Bought a 13ft Scamp today..lots of question.kids r excited ;) - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2013, 06:25 PM   #1

Name: Mark
Trailer: 13ft Scamp
Wisconsin
Bought a 13ft Scamp today..lots of question.kids r excited ;)

So got sick of looking and made the drive a cole hours to get a a scamp..probably paid more than I should have but promised the wife we would get one and summer is ending sooner than later. Its an older model 1978 but it is in pretty good shape and I can walk around in it and Im 6'2 and lay out straight so that works..owner came down to $3600 after we found a few issues that we will need to fix. Price fair,good or bad ? Got the original manual,paper work etc. cost $5095 - 35 years ago lmao...holds the value pretty good

Got home and found out that only left brake light worked and if i lit the right blinker the left blinker works and nothing else .so backwards and broken?
Weird because the interior has been rewired perfect by the owner an electrition and has lights and plugs located all over the interior.Also a breaker box ect under the sink done right.

Have some metal poles tht I have no idea what they are for and a single post by the door with no idea what its for either.

The owener said they gel coated it a few years ago so how do I do this again to make sure it stays in good shape.

How do we convert the bunkbeds into a couch?
What are these extra poles for?
How do u keep your kids from falling out of the top bunk lol
Can we carpet/cloth the walls around the rear bed for softness.
The original covers arethe roughest materail know to man...but hey thats wht blankets and sheets are for I guess and they lasted 35 ye ars so we will keep the retro look

Any extra hints,tips,helpers and commets would be great
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Mcmarkrazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 06:38 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
1. Convert Bunk beds to couch. -- Remove one of the poles holding up the top bunk, then remove the lower cushion leaving the smaller banana cushion in place. Remove the second pole and replace the lower cushion. That's how mine works.

2. Can't help with the extra poles, a picture might help.

3. Kids top bunk -- I made a short, about 2" above the cushion, out of PVC pipe that fits over the two support poles and prevents a roll off the top bunk. There's picture here someplace, but I can find them if you like.

4. Mine has marine carpeting all around everything, so I can't help much there.

5. We use individual sleeping bags, makes setting up the bed and putting away pretty easy. Stuff bags hold the sleeping bags during the day and are stored under the street side dinette bench. Washable sleeping bags about the same price as a set of sheets.
Old 08-17-2013, 07:00 PM   #3

Name: Mark
Trailer: 13ft Scamp
Wisconsin
Thanks here are some more pics not sure why they didn't post the first time
How do u post more than one poc
Mcmarkrazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:49 PM   #4

Name: Stacy
Trailer: "79 Scamp "Tiny Tow"
Texas
I'm excited for you! We just got a 79 13' Scamp. I'm starting the Reno tomorrow. Mine's in good shape too, but I will be replacing the floor with Allure, and have some fiberglass dings to bondo. We have a Route 66 theme and have decided to change that.
Lots of help on this forum.
Happy Camping!
StacyJayT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp