Breeze Fan - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2006, 04:04 PM   #1

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
I know a few of you have purchased the 'breeze fan' can you tell me what the difference it is compared to a regular box fan? Is it suppose to be better and is it worth the money? I will be getting my 'new/used' 16 ft very shortly and hope to get some supplys I thought I might be needing... I didnt really care if I got one with an a/c or not... as I really dont go camping in the mid summer when its so hot..
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 04:38 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Hi Christi V

I am not certain what a "breeze fan" is, but if your referring to a "fantastic type" fan,(FF Fan) I have one in my 13' Scamp. This FF fan is reversible and can either pull the air out of your trailer or into it. Has a variable speed control

It is mounted in the ceiling and really works quite well. If I can attach it, I'll add a picture from my trailer that might help you see what a FF fan mounted looks like.

Jim Paskett
Attached Thumbnails
Roof_Vent_Fan.jpg  
Jim Paskett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 04:50 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
I believe that this is the Chris V is talking about. Full name "Endless Breeze". The 2 reviews on Camping World have nothing but good to say.
I too will be interested in what other have to say.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:36 PM   #4
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21; formerly Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Well, one obvious difference (besides the $$) is the Endless Breeze runs on 12 volt. A very handy feature if/when you're boondocking...
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 07:45 PM   #5

Yes I was refering to the Endless Breeze fan.. I so see their reviews were great.. I will more thank likely be buying one in a few months. Wanted to know what others thought of it also.. Thanks
Old 02-13-2006, 08:37 PM   #6

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
I've seen Endless Breeze fans in stores, but not bought one. I think the obvious differences which Mary identified are the only differences. It's amazing how much more a specialty item costs, since I doubt any one would pay more than twenty bucks for an AC version at Wal-Mart.

There are much cheaper DC fans (a couple pages worth at Camping World's web site) but most are much smaller, and freestanding rather than in a box. I hear the box design is so it can sit in a window, for those people who don't have a good powered vent (which is another category of amazingly expensive fans...).
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 08:53 PM   #7

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
I have one and really like it. It is basically the same as the Fanstastic Fan roof fan, except when you want to reverse it, you turn the fan around

I prop mine up on the table and it sucks cool air in, while I leave my roof vent open and out goes most of the hot. If it is really hot, I use both and make a wind tunnel in there. If it ain't cooler outside, it does a great job of circulating, which helps tons.

The "Legs" on the box twist inward so you can hang it without the feet getting in the way. I store mine this way.

It's a great alternative to AC and it doesn't use much juice. Mine has run for up to 3 days (Not nites)on a small 20aH battery.

It is well designed and rugged, and has a large blade width.It moves so fast it's almost silly. Uses almost no power, and it's quiet.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 09:11 AM   #8

Thanks for the inputs...I guess I 'may' get one, but it is very spendy. I do have a 12" osollating fan here at home, but dont know if those are as suffient at the breeze fans?? I only went once when it was to hot, and just ended up coming home after 2 days. I had forgot my small fan and the dogs and I were just to hot...
Old 02-14-2006, 10:27 AM   #9

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
$71.99 at CW does seem a bit high.

Here's one for $59.95 PEX Connection

Amazon has it too for $59.99: Endless Breeze on Amazon

These are about the cheapest places I've found.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 10:41 AM   #10

Trailer: 1986 U-Haul CT13 ft
I believe the Endless Breeze fan is made by the same folks as the FanTastic fan - good quality stuff. However, when it comes to using them in a FGRV, there are some significant differences.

The roof-mounted FanTastic serves as an efficient exhaust fan, drawing fresh air into the trailer through windows and door, and pulling out interior air with cooking smoke or natural heat buildup. The floor- or table-mounted Endless Breeze fan mostly pushes air around inside the egg (whatever it blows out one side is exactly what it draws in the other side). In addition to difference performance, the roof-mount fan takes no additional storage space, or floor space in the egg.

If you don't have a roof vent fan, the Endless Breeze fan is probably the next best thing - but it's definitely second choice in my estimation.
jack maloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 11:16 AM   #11

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I agree with Jack.
Old 02-14-2006, 11:38 AM   #12

Trailer: 17 ft 1991 Bigfoot
I purchased an Endless Breeze for my Bigfoot and these are really nice small box fans. The biggest difference between this and a Wally World fan is that these are really quite! Also this moves a lot of air with a small amount of energy. I seldom ran this at anything other then the lowest setting.

However, I did decide to replace my passive vent for a Fantastic Fan. This roof fan really moves the air better then a window fan. This did requre stringing wires into the camper skin but there was already a channel so this was not that big of a deal.

I do have the Endless Breeze still and if you were a little closer I would sell it to you! I don't think I will ever use it again now that I have the vent fan.
Joe Mielke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 12:44 PM   #13
Administrator

Registry
Ah, you could use the endless breeze outside on your trailer's "patio" ... if you had a 12v extension cord.
RV Life Network FAQ
Old 02-14-2006, 08:27 PM   #14

Trailer: Casita 2000 Spirit Deluxe
Joe, I am interested in that used fan. Please email me at Kaylynn120 at aol.com

Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 03:27 AM   #15

Trailer: 2002 21.5 ft Bigfoot / 2003 Chevy Duramax 4x4
Quote:
The roof-mounted FanTastic serves as an efficient exhaust fan, drawing fresh air into the trailer through windows and door, and pulling out interior air with cooking smoke or natural heat buildup.
Jacks comment reminded me of something we discovered using our Fantastic Fan awhile ago. When you're cooking something like bacon or other smelly stuff, switch the fan to "IN" instead of "OUT" (exhaust). By pressurizing your trailer and opening only the window nearest the stove, (we have one right over ours) you shove the smell out quickly instead of sucking it throughout the trailer. Makes quite a difference.

Sorry. Now back to your regular program ...
Bill Abbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 10:53 AM   #16

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
I'm pondering the big investment of 13 bucks at Wally's for a battery/12v fan. It doesn't come with the 12v plug or the 110 to 12 adapter (or the batteries ). I'm sure I already have both around here somewhere.

If I break my piggy bank and buy it I'll let you know how it works.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:22 PM   #17

Trailer: Casita 2000 Spirit Deluxe
Lizbeth, thanks for the good tip!

Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 12:41 PM   #18

Lizbeth.. can you get the adapters for that particular fan thats at WW?? I am planning to go over there today and see if ours carrys that one for curiosity..
Old 02-15-2006, 01:07 PM   #19

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Christi, I would think for the 110 to 12v it would be no problem. WW has adapters in their electronics department. For the 12v only I'm going to probably make one, a "cigerette" lighter adapter set up. You can probably buy them too, maybe at Radio Shack? At this point it's all just ideas in my head.
Old 02-15-2006, 02:11 PM   #20
Administrator

Registry
Lizbeth, look at this: 25 ft. 12 volt extension cord

This is just the first site that came up when I googled for them. I think mine came from Camping World (not sure). But, yeah, you can buy them ready made ...
RV Life Network FAQ