brrrrr again - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-17-2018, 07:27 AM   #1

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
brrrrr again

7am Wed -5 again. This is not funny but heard rumor Sat. going to be in the 50s here in central Mo.

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 09:34 AM   #2

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Well since you respond to everything posted here
Big deal weather is everywhere get use to it
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 09:36 AM   #3

Missouri
wow
Old 01-18-2018, 09:44 AM   #4

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
k0wtz , To be honest 5 below is not that big of a deal and you won't get much sympathy from me. That being said ,those who respond to your posts should maintain a certain level of civility and decorum.
Throw another log on the fire and tough it out.
You will make it till Saturday !!
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 11:41 AM   #5

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
k0wtz , To be honest 5 below is not that big of a deal and you won't get much sympathy from me. That being said ,those who respond to your posts should maintain a certain level of civility and decorum.
Throw another log on the fire and tough it out.
You will make it till Saturday !!
Steve-I agree that people who post responses should do so with civility. However, I do not agree that -5 is no big deal depending upon one’s location. Where you live -5 is common and accepted, but would it not be “a big deal” if next summer your home town experienced Phoenix like temperatures around 115 degrees. When I lived in NH, -5, though not frequent, was no big deal. The house was insulated for those temperatures and people were accustomed to them. Now that I am in Florida, sub-freezing temperatures (less than 32) are a big deal. Exposed water lines (where the water comes into the house) have to be protected from freezing. Some landscape plants need to be covered and protected. I guess it comes down to how one defines “a big deal.”
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 01:44 PM   #6

Name: Lyle
Trailer: Scamp 16, previously Scamp 13
None
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0wtz View Post
wow
Agree, that comment was uncalled for. I'm in Michigan, and -5 is cold here too.
LyleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 02:22 PM   #7

NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPW View Post
Steve-I agree that people who post responses should do so with civility. However, I do not agree that -5 is no big deal depending upon one’s location. Where you live -5 is common and accepted, but would it not be “a big deal” if next summer your home town experienced Phoenix like temperatures around 115 degrees. When I lived in NH, -5, though not frequent, was no big deal. The house was insulated for those temperatures and people were accustomed to them. Now that I am in Florida, sub-freezing temperatures (less than 32) are a big deal. Exposed water lines (where the water comes into the house) have to be protected from freezing. Some landscape plants need to be covered and protected. I guess it comes down to how one defines “a big deal.”
You and I have traveled this road before and I ain't going down that road again.
All I can say is "WOW"
Old 01-20-2018, 10:34 PM   #8

Missouri
intersting

it certainly can sometimes turn in a circus here I don't agree with every post here but what does it matter in the long term of things. This isn't life or death!

at 76 I am here to learn and have fun BUT at no one ellses expense! I notice the more expensive and fancy the rig more intolerant some folks seem to get! why that is I don't know!!

bob
Old 01-20-2018, 10:38 PM   #9

Missouri
carl I was astounded the first time to florida and all those water lines above ground!!

bob
Old 01-21-2018, 06:02 AM   #10

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0wtz View Post
carl I was astounded the first time to florida and all those water lines above ground!!

bob
Yes, Bob, and many utility water mains are buried between 36 and 48-inches. That would be above the frost lines in many northern states/locations. Then again, freezes are uncommon in much of Florida. I have a freeze protection valve for a water heating solar panel which, with adapters, fits on the spigot where water enters my house. If the water in the pipe, which is insulated, gets below 35°, it opens and allows water to flow until it senses warmer water. It doesn’t dump a lot of water because ground water in Florida is about 71°. I assembled the device so I can travel during the winter months without worry. Most people will just let a faucet trickle all night. Back in 1986, I had a neighbor who failed to do this and her copper line froze and cracked. If I go away, I don’t want to leave a faucet trickling 24/7, and I shut the water off where it enters the house. My device protects the short segment of exposed pipe.
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 08:10 AM   #11

Missouri
brrrr

yes it blew me away I would think it would still take a lot with moving water to freeze those mains. our shower hot water line froze in our wall due to minus 10 but as soon as warmed up it cleared up.

I like pex it will take a lot where copper wont. I still like warm weather in winter but I cant get my wife moving on camping to az. as yet but me and the dog are leaving thurs. to az ot warm up she is going but she thinks its 2 weeks. I think after the adventure she will be ok with it!!

bob
Old 01-21-2018, 09:29 AM   #12

Missouri
just looked at the tempature already 50d I bet the whole time we are in az it will be warm here!!

bob
Old 01-21-2018, 01:11 PM   #13

Name: Daniel A.
Trailer: Bigfoot 17.0 1991 dlx
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan H View Post
Well since you respond to everything posted here
Big deal weather is everywhere get use to it

You can place anyone on your Ignore list and never see their posts.
Daniel A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 06:58 PM   #14

Missouri
ignore

pretty cool works for me!!

bob
Old 01-21-2018, 08:00 PM   #15

I would like to apologize to Bob and everyone else that I offended
Ik was my way of sarcastic humor... I had just learned that I need a 4 th brain surgery for a shunt revision for hydrocephalus ( water on the brain)
I know this is no excuse for my comment
I have learned a lot from a
Everyone on this forum and while I obviously haven’t met most of you I would like to count you all as friends
Again my utmost apologies to everyone and especially Bob
Safe travels
Old 01-21-2018, 08:28 PM   #16

Missouri
alan

well I am bigger than that I was a little curious as to the post but I just don't get mad. what is the point? this is more of social site in my eyes we are here to learn.

lets have fun I like funning matter of fact I sort of took it that way I thought you were being sarcastic but it has been very cold here but 60d today. crazy isn't it?

takes a big man in my eyes to say he is sorry. you are great in my book!! but you certainly didn't have to say you are sorry.

thanks

bob
Old 01-21-2018, 08:32 PM   #17

Thanks Bob
Again safe travels hopefully we will met up sometime
Alan
Old 01-21-2018, 08:35 PM   #18

NW Wisconsin
Most of us have posted something that we have stated poorly or later regret. I would just call it a bad day and move on , people's memories are short.
Hope the surgery is a success and you have a quick recovery.
Old 01-21-2018, 08:57 PM   #19

Missouri
alan just finished my 3rd back surgery last 2 involved rods in rods out discs fixed fusing. I know pain good luck to you.

bob
Old 01-21-2018, 09:44 PM   #20

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
It's all cool Alan, everyone has opinions of posts made....good or bad. I've wanted to make a comment or two on different subjects over the years but sat on my fingers cuz it wouldn't make any difference in the big picture. But I was still thinking it .
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote