Burro ? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2008, 01:23 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Is Burro no longer in business.... I came across a link and their website is still working, just wondering because I saw a post saying they closed up shop ?
Mark McIntyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 03:26 PM   #2

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Mark, Burro has been out of business since 2001. Why their website is still up is a perennial question here.

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 04:06 PM   #3

Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
At least it has some usable info on it still.

But as Roger says.......
pjanits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 04:23 PM   #4

Arrow

Quote:
At least it has some usable info on it still.

But as Roger says.......

Yea it struck me as being kind of creepy... wow thats like 7 years the website has been running with nobody at the helm. Too bad as it was just what I wanted to buy. LOL
Old 04-19-2008, 04:38 PM   #5

If it's that style you're after, check out the EggCamper. It's a close cousin, with most of Burro's shortcomings resolved.

Roger
Old 04-19-2008, 06:00 PM   #6

Quote:
If it's that style you're after, check out the EggCamper. It's a close cousin, with most of Burro's shortcomings resolved.

Roger

Thanks Roger, I came across the eggcamper a week ago and like it actually... problem is we need to be able to bring along two teenagers by time (if they choose to be seen with us) and need a couple bunks. I had to give up on the Scamp 5th as my Taco box won't take a hitch. We found the Escape too but would have to wait till Sept to get it built. So perhaps its a Scamp 16 or an EggCamper for us. We are just so far north east its hard to peek before we buy. I will say I like the research so far and you folks on here are great. I get in here reading the stories and I can smell the bacon cooking and the coffee brewing. I am really tempted to make a trip out west to Scamp.
Old 04-19-2008, 08:20 PM   #7

Trailer: 88 Scamp 16 ft
Registry
Quote:
problem is we need to be able to bring along two teenagers by time (if they choose to be seen with us) and need a couple bunks.
I'm not sure about any other manufacturers, but Scamp's bunks are only rated for "80 pounds" and I think that's really kind of pushing the limits. I know I wouldn't put my teenagers on the bunks, and I probably wouldn't have put them on them after 8 or 9 years old.

Good luck with your search. I tried to find a hitch option for you and your Tacoma but with no success.

Could I recommend a tent for the teens. That's what we do with our kids.
DanPatWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 08:37 PM   #8

I'm with Dan on this one, Mark. The bunks in the Scamp aren't good for much weight, and are pretty small. Pick the trailer you want. The kids will only be teens for a while, and the older they get, the more they'll like the tent anyway. Even when we had the Airstream 325 motorhome, our kids opted for a tent pitched alongside.

Having had two 13s, one 16' and one 19' Scamp, I can tell you they're great. I also had a Burro 17 and liked it really well. If I were going to buy another 16-17' trailer it'd be either the Scamp custom deluxe side dinette again or the EggCamper side dinette.

Roger
Old 04-19-2008, 09:01 PM   #9

Trailer: Eggcamper 2007
Quote:
I'm with Dan on this one, Mark. The bunks in the Scamp aren't good for much weight, and are pretty small. Pick the trailer you want. The kids will only be teens for a while, and the older they get, the more they'll like the tent anyway. Even when we had the Airstream 325 motorhome, our kids opted for a tent pitched alongside.

Roger
The EggCamper has a large bed, plenty of room for 2 adults and then some, .. the side dinette that is standard, turns into a bed there also. There is a large isle, not sure of measurements right at the moment, from cabinet over to the side dinette, but there is plenty of room for a folding cot or whatever you would want another teen to sleep on. I will be taking two grandchildren with me at times, and for sleeping, there will be no problems for all 4 of us. The big bed area, doubles as a large dining table area as well. I have my second little 13'Burro, and had a Scamp 16 once. This unit it really nice and all gelcoat / clean inside.
weldon freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 05:09 PM   #10

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
Scamp bunks are small but for weekend use they will take a lot more weight than 80 lbs. It took a couple of months of sleeping every night in mine to start sagging the wood in upper bunk. Lower bunk takes as much as any bunk.
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 09:42 PM   #11

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Yes, no doubt, the teens would prefer their own tent and not mom and dads space anyway.

Maybe get a large one that can be used as a screen room or community area and they can bunk out in it at nite. Let THEM do set up and tear down.

If it is crumby weather.. they will learn to live with tossing their bags and air mattress on the floor.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 09:23 PM   #12

Trailer: 1999 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
We put the grandkids in a tent next to the trailer. They were fine, so were we.
Herb Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 09:54 PM   #13

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
I had to give up on the Scamp 5th as [b]my Taco box won't take a hitch. We found the Escape too but would have to wait till Sept to get it built. So perhaps its a Scamp 16 or an EggCamper for us.
Or you could put a topper on the bed of the pick-up and a mattress on the floor, and have the teens sleep in the truck...
Old 05-04-2008, 10:47 PM   #14

Trailer: 2000 Northern Lite (The TARDIS)
Quote:
Yes, no doubt, the teens would prefer their own tent and not mom and dads space anyway.

Maybe get a large one that can be used as a screen room or community area and they can bunk out in it at nite. Let THEM do set up and tear down.

If it is crumby weather.. they will learn to live with tossing their bags and air mattress on the floor.
Precisely why we "downsized" to our 16ft Northern Lite from our 23ft stick-built trailer. Our sons stopped sleeping in the trailer with us years ago, about the time they turned 16. An "Easy-Up" over the top of the tent would add a little exxtra shelter if it got really nasty too.
Wayne D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro