Burro Decals - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-22-2009, 11:47 AM   #1

Trailer: 13 ft Burro
I found this site for Burro Decals: http://www.nydecalsnlettering.com/Burrodecalspage.html wondered if anyone had tried them? The word Burro looks different than the one on my Burro tho that said the decal on my Burro is blue and every one I have seen is usually gold/brown with black/brown letters so maybe mine isnt original?

I was also thinking of just having a sign painter paint in on when I have it painted so it will be under the clear coat and not on top.

Regards.

Old 07-22-2009, 03:42 PM   #2

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
The ad says to call for color choices. So depending on the vinyl colors they have on hand at any given moment, you may be able to have a wide variety of color choices. If you want blue, for example, they probably can make it.

How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 02:31 PM   #3

Trailer: 2000 17 ft Widebody Burro
I am SO GLAD that you posted this topic!!! We have a name-less Burro, that I've been wanting to get decals for. Thanks for pointing me in this direction!

Adonna
Old 07-26-2009, 05:12 PM   #4

Quote:
I am SO GLAD that you posted this topic!!! We have a name-less Burro, that I've been wanting to get decals for. Thanks for pointing me in this direction!

Adonna

No Problem That is what these forums are for. Keep everyone in the loop. Please post how they turn out and a pic of them insdtalled would be great!!
Old 07-26-2009, 05:39 PM   #5

Name: Per
Trailer: 2000 Burro 17 ft Widebody towed by Touareg TDI
Oregon
Registry
Our Burro was "nameless" at the request of the former owner, so since I had a brochure printed about the year 1999 or so with a logo on it I decided to ask a local sign company to duplicate it. No problem, and they came up with colors that were pretty close. The vinyl product is quite easy to apply and appears quite durable.
The large and aggressive sign on some of the Burros did not appeal to me so they easily scaled it down to something I could live with. They now have this on their computer so it can be reordered and duplicated with a phone call.
Since a pair of them cost less than $30 I ordered a spare set for when I sand the thing down and paint over the gelcoat.
Any decent sign company could do the same for you.
Attached Thumbnails
Burro_logo_on_trailer.jpg  
Old 07-26-2009, 07:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Our Burro was "nameless" at the request of the former owner, so since I had a brochure printed about the year 1999 or so with a logo on it I decided to ask a local sign company to duplicate it. No problem, and they came up with colors that were pretty close. The vinyl product is quite easy to apply and appears quite durable.
The large and aggressive sign on some of the Burros did not appeal to me so they easily scaled it down to something I could live with. They now have this on their computer so it can be reordered and duplicated with a phone call.
Since a pair of them cost less than $30 I ordered a spare set for when I sand the thing down and paint over the gelcoat.
Any decent sign company could do the same for you.
Thanks Per,

Could you post who did yours it looks great, I agree totally with the smaller design and plan to go that route as well, I am proud of my Burro but if people wonder what it is they will have to come closer and hopefully ask.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:00 PM   #7

Name: Per
Trailer: 2000 Burro 17 ft Widebody towed by Touareg TDI
Oregon
Registry
It was a local company called something like "Signs Now" but these sign companies are all over and should be easy to find. I did scan the logo in my Burro brochure and gave it to them, and all they needed was the logo with no need for high resolution since the design will be in vinyl and not printed as such. I can send you a copy of the scan by email if you like. You can then specify the size and color and they will scale it to your measurements.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:03 PM   #8

Quote:
It was a local company called something like "Signs Now" but these sign companies are all over and should be easy to find. I did scan the logo in my Burro brochure and gave it to them, and all they needed was the logo with no need for high resolution since the design will be in vinyl and not printed as such. I can send you a copy of the scan by email if you like. You can then specify the size and color and they will scale it to your measurements.

Thanks Per,

please email it to me at jr987x321 at hotmail (dot) com if you would I would appreciate it.

regards,

Scott
Old 07-29-2009, 06:19 PM   #9

Name: Bruce T
Trailer: Compact jr
Indiana
Registry
If there are any race cars around where you are or tracks.....they can point you towards a vinyl letterer easy enough and theyre usually cheaper...make sure you ask for the best vinyl...theres some cheap stuff that fades easy and doesnt last................Bruce

Tags
burro