Burro.... Really no info? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-05-2015, 05:23 PM   #15

Name: mike
Trailer: burro
Alabama
burro

got my 1983,3 years ago.no problems,my have to do a lot of research if you want burro parts.retrofit when possible.i can not even tease my wife about selling it.paid 2900 and went to pa. from Alabama to get it.have a water storage tank and water heater if anyone needs or wants it.have coated the exterior with bed liner,added an ac unit where the water heater was.loooooove our burro.

Old 06-05-2015, 05:43 PM   #16

Name: Bill
Trailer: 1981 Burro 13'
North Carolina
Today 04:40 PMWilliam M. Smith
Mike, I'll be driving down to Orange Beach on Sunday the 14th, June. I'm very interested in your water heater if you think I can get it to fit into my 1980 13' Burro. I will have Monday to meet you somewhere as I will fly back to NC on Tuesday a.m. Hope to hear from you. Sent you a private message with my contact info.

Old 06-06-2015, 03:14 PM   #17

Name: Yonny Yonson
Trailer: in the market
Oregon
Thanks everyone for your posts. I have been searching the archived posts about Burros and Burro sales.

One thing that intrigues me about Burro is the double wall construction. It seems like this would be strong (if not heavy). Is double wall common to other eggs like Scamp and Casita?
Old 06-06-2015, 03:16 PM   #18

Name: Yonny Yonson
Trailer: in the market
Oregon
What about windows. If replacements are needed is sizing an issue. For example, a 1999 Burro seems to have original windows. Is replacement a shoe in? Or have folks had problems getting the same sizes. Seems like a dumb question but I was wondering how "proprietary" window sizing is?
Old 06-06-2015, 04:22 PM   #19

Name: Bill
Trailer: 1981 Burro 13'
North Carolina
Burro weight

Don't worry too much about the weight of the double wall construction. The dry weight of the Burro 13' is between 800-900 lbs. I'll let you know for sure when I have mine weighed in the near future. The double wall is advantageous in at least two areas. It will be warmer in winter and allows for putting short screws into the inner walls, for hanging stuff, without fear of breaching the outside walls causing leakage problems. Enjoy!
Old 06-06-2015, 04:36 PM   #20

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
According to Trailer Weights in the Real World Burros listed on lines 6 and 8 show travel weights at 1300-1520 lbs. which is in line with several single hull brands of the same size.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 11:28 PM   #21

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Each wall of the 'double wall' Burro is thinner by itself than the single wall of a Scamp or Casita. Thus the dry weights tend to be pretty similar across the brands. They all work fine as long as they have interior supports (cabinets and such) built in; they are just different approaches to reach the same result.
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 01:06 PM   #22

Name: Bruce
Trailer: Burro
Illinois
I have a 1998 Burro wide body, no issues with the seam over the top joining the 2 halves together leaking.
Old 06-22-2015, 12:24 PM   #23

Name: Gregg
Trailer: 1985 Burro 13ft.
Arizona
Angry Burro

I'm the proud owner of one 1982,13 ft.I,ve owned this unit for approximately twenty years. I've not experienced any seam seperation what so ever.The parts are really hard to find as they want out of business many years ago.Always been garaged, but have visited Washington St. many times for extended stays and have not experienced any leaks.Kinda neat being the ONLY Burro at rally's
Old 06-22-2015, 12:29 PM   #24

Name: Arnold
Trailer: 2015 Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe
California
I have a 1982 Burro. The body is good no damage. The interior is very clean, no damage. I stripped the interior. What are these things worth?
Old 06-23-2015, 01:13 AM   #25

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Registry
My wife and I bought a 1983 Burro 13' Kit from their shop in Escondido California. We loved it. Wish I had never sold it. The comment about the seam is not valid. The issue of the sliding windows, a different story. They were plexiglass, and not well constructed. I am in the market to buy another Burro, or UHaul 13' Had many great trips. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.
Old 06-23-2015, 01:20 AM   #26

Name: Arnold
Trailer: 2015 Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe
California
I have a 1982 Burro and a 2015 Casita on order. I would sell the Burro if I know what they are worth or got a good offer. Let me know if you are interested
Old 06-23-2015, 01:34 AM   #27

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Registry
Burro trailer

I'm interested
I would like to discuss w you further. What state are you located?
Old 06-23-2015, 01:41 AM   #28

Name: Karen L.
Trailer: 1982 Burro 13 ft (My Burrito!)
Washington
Hi John!! I maybe can't tell you what you want to know, but I have a 1982 13 ft Burro that I've had since 89 or 90.. Had only been used once, so basically new!! I've never had leaks along the center seam that I'm aware of, but do have some leaks around the vent which my friend & I have put caulk around! My big concern is whether to have it painted with the paint used on fiberglass semi-trucks or the fiberglass/gelcoat/clear coat routine!! Any ideas???

Tags
burro