Cabela's Chaise Loungers - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-28-2009, 07:13 AM   #15
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
The levers are to "lock" the chair into a set position.

When your feet are higher than your head, you're in "zero gravity" so there is no pressure on your spine, your lungs have room to breathe and your legs are raised to lower your blood pressure.

Here's a lounger bag, dang cheap: Recliner Carry Bag. My Lafuma travels in the trailer, I think a bag is just one more nuisance item to deal with. However I could see its use if the recliner/chair traveled in an open environment like the back of a pickup.

Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:04 PM   #16
Name: Anne
Trailer: (SOLD)1981 13 ft Burro (Sunny side UP!)
Thanks for the link to the bag. The price is right and it will make it easier to carry the chair to events or a friend's house.

I am glad to know that the levers are locks. I haven't figured out how to get into the "feet higher than head" position. Do I just keep pushing when reclining to go farther back? Since my feet are up on the chair, what do I push against? It's hard to explain just what my confusion is about...

Anne Badgley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:27 PM   #17
Name: Kevin K
Trailer: 17' Casita
Put your hands on the arm rests and push backwards. Make sure both lock levers are unlocked. Lock when you have your best position. Now relax and have a cold one.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:55 PM   #18
Name: Jim
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Not a problem for me because I bought them for use at my cabin, not to take along. But that could be a concern.
This is my take on them too. While very good for lounging, they are not too useful for other uses, mainly because the foot support is in the way when the chair is upright. You can't sit up in them at all to eat at a table, or play guitar by the campfire. They are also way too big to carry with me, I like ones that fold up small and stow away nice. I bought a couple Outback King Chairs for trailer use, and would highly recommend them.

Though, a couple of these lougers for out at our rec property would sure be nice, especially for nap time.
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 05:48 PM   #19
Name: Bobbie
Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970/Escape 15A

Click image for larger version

Name:	Merlinrecliner.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	263.0 KB
ID:	21338

Here's Merlin enjoying one of my chairs.
Bobbie Mayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:20 PM   #20
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
I love my Lafuma... it's without a doubt the most comfortable chair I've ever owned. But, it's not an end all chair. It's heavy to start with, not easily moved around the campsite or taken from campsite to campsite. I have a regular ole folding aluminum web chair for that.

But to lay back and LOUNGE.... Nivana!
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 07:58 PM   #21
Trailer: Homesteader Sporty
Here's another use for the Cabela's chair - surgery recovery! Hubby had hernia surgery yesterday and has been resting/sleeping comfortably in the Cabela's chair for the better part of 24 hours. We had been concerned that the surgery may be quite uncomfortable for him, which it was, and we knew that he wouldn't rest well either sitting up or lying flat. What to do?! Remove a rocking chair from the living room and set up a Cabela's chair. Shazam! No pressure on the surgery site, no back ache, no tired backside. Just place a folded flannel sheet on the full length of the chair before sitting down, cover up with your favorite blanket or quilt and drift off to sleep and let the healing begin.
Nancy S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 06:58 AM   #22
Name: Pete
Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
Our local Jewel/Osco has some knock offs of the Cabela chair for 19 bucks. I bought 2.
Very comfortable, only problem is one is Orange the other green.
At least I'll see them at night.
pjanits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:11 PM   #23
Name: Dale
Trailer: 2000 Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe
I know this was an older thread, but I just wanted to mention that Cabelas has these Chaise Lounge chairs on sale again right now.

I just bought one, the sale price is now $39.99 for the reg size or $49.99 for the XL size. They had Black, Grey, Blue & tan in stock in the Arizona store.

Cabela's: Cabela's Chaise Loungers - Grey

Just passing it along, Dale - AZ

Dale AZ is offline   Reply With Quote