Cabela's® Chaise Loungers - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2009, 10:47 AM   #1

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Bought 2 of these this weekend. Very well built chairs.
Click image for larger version

Name:	s7_518274_imageset_01.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	20658
[attachment=24780:s7_51778...ge
set_03.jpg]
Double bungee-cord suspension system.
$49.99
No more back killers like this-->

Name:	pink_camping_chair2.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	20660
Attached Thumbnails
s7_517786_imageset_03.jpg  
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 10:55 AM   #2

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
I just bought two, also. They were on Cabela's bargain site and I ordered one (no choice of size or color) and then ordered an Xtra large on sale also (but not $30 as the first one was.) Turns out I got two XLs even though the second box was marked reg. I did in store pickup so no shipping cost.

I LOVE the chairs. Extremely comfy.

Bobbie
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 03:50 PM   #3

Trailer: 2009 Scamp 16 ft / 2003 Durango
Bobbie,
Does that Xtra large hit the back of your ankles ?
I sat in one at Cabela's and my ankles rested on the pipe and I am only 5'10"
I did not look at the size.

Bill K

Quote:
I just bought two, also. They were on Cabela's bargain site and I ordered one (no choice of size or color) and then ordered an Xtra large on sale also (but not $30 as the first one was.) Turns out I got two XLs even though the second box was marked reg. I did in store pickup so no shipping cost.

I LOVE the chairs. Extremely comfy.

Bobbie
Bill K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:52 PM   #4

Registry
No, it doesn't hit me, but my legs aren't that long- I'm tall in the body and wide! My head doesn't go off the top of the chair. I think it has the measurements on the site, though, and if I remember I'll measure it when I go home tonight.

Bobbie
Old 05-31-2009, 08:24 PM   #5

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Bill, I don't have a Cabella's Chair, But got one a few years ago from Dick's sporting goods and it's long enough for me, I am 5'9 basically the same chair and it's long enough for me to lay in without my feet hanging over. So as long as your not super tall, the ex=long Cabella's chair should be fine. Robin
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 05:56 PM   #6

Registry
I did not measure but did observe- I wear a 30 inch inseam, and my heels hit the bar on the foot of the recliner if I stretch my legs out straight.

Bobbie
Old 06-04-2009, 08:15 PM   #7

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Bobbie,
Does that Xtra large hit the back of your ankles ?
I sat in one at Cabela's and my ankles rested on the pipe and I am only 5'10"
I did not look at the size.

Bill K

Bill-
We have very similar chairs from REI. I sat in the regular, and it did hit the back of my ankles. I sat in the XL, same issue. I think the only difference in regular and XL is the width. I thought it would bother me, but it really doesn't (BTW, I'm 6' 00")
Todd Sleeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 04:56 AM   #8

Registry
Correct---- only difference in regular and XL is the width.----> 20" or 24"
Old 06-07-2009, 05:11 PM   #9

Trailer: Casita
I looked at the Cabelas knock-off recliners and they seem to be a quality built chair but much heavier than the original Lafuma zero gravity recliners.

shane n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:43 AM   #10

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Burro (Sunny side UP!)
Registry
I bought the Cabela sale chair also. $29.99 + $20 shipping. The chair that came was extra large. I am disappointed by two things- it is very heavy (I bought to take on trips and don't want to add additional weight to TV) and it is uncomfortable for me. I am 5ft and the top of the back of the chair bends forward so that my neck is forced at an uncomfortable angle. The cushion included is too thick to compensate. I don't want to pay return shipping, so I am going to try to find a modification when I have time to work with it. Otherwise, the chair is well built and a fair price.
Anne Badgley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:53 AM   #11

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
We use those chairs. We also found convenient plastic trays that hook to them and hold drinks, books, etc. Kevin thinks we got them at Cabella's too.
We also purchased laptrays from ShopKo that are made for holding computers while you are sitting in a comfy chair. They work well with these chairs too. We now usually eat on these.

CindyL
Old 06-09-2009, 10:13 AM   #12

Registry
Quote:
I bought the Cabela sale chair also. $29.99 + $20 shipping. The chair that came was extra large. I am disappointed by two things- it is very heavy (I bought to take on trips and don't want to add additional weight to TV) and it is uncomfortable for me.
Not a problem for me because I bought them for use at my cabin, not to take along. But that could be a concern. It's also too bad they can't let you order extra large or reg on the sale. I haven't had too many other people try mine so can't comment on what size person they are comfy for. I'm about 5' 8" and they are quite comfy for me.

Bobbie
Old 06-09-2009, 07:41 PM   #13

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT / 2004 GMC Safari
We have them too...drove all the way to West Virginia one cold, snowy day last winter "Just for something to do" I'm 5'3" and my hubby is 6'1" and we can't say enough about these chairs. We both have taken an afternoon nap in them a coupe times this season so far. It came with a cup holder but don't have plate holders which would be nice.

What I did buy (I think from CampingWorld) are bags/carriers for them. Sure makes carrying them easier and if they have dirt or ash on them from the campground that went undetected, sliding them into the 'bag' keeps the inside of the trailer clean. Easy to carry over the shoulder, even for me. They're made of heavy canvas and were about $15 each I believe.

Anytime someone comes to visit us while camping, we offer up our chairs for them to try and havent had a dissapointed guest yet!

Are they still on-sale? We could use a couple out on our back deck here at home..
Carolyn Patterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 06:41 AM   #14

Registry
OK, I tried my chair again and in the reclining position, with the pillow properly adjusted, I found it very comfortable. I surely would like to find one of those carrying bags though.
Here's my questions, since no instructions came with the chair, how do I get it to recline to the "zero gravity" position? And what are the two levers under the arms for?
Old 06-28-2009, 07:13 AM   #15

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
The levers are to "lock" the chair into a set position.

When your feet are higher than your head, you're in "zero gravity" so there is no pressure on your spine, your lungs have room to breathe and your legs are raised to lower your blood pressure.

Here's a lounger bag, dang cheap: Recliner Carry Bag. My Lafuma travels in the trailer, I think a bag is just one more nuisance item to deal with. However I could see its use if the recliner/chair traveled in an open environment like the back of a pickup.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:04 PM   #16

Registry
Thanks for the link to the bag. The price is right and it will make it easier to carry the chair to events or a friend's house.

I am glad to know that the levers are locks. I haven't figured out how to get into the "feet higher than head" position. Do I just keep pushing when reclining to go farther back? Since my feet are up on the chair, what do I push against? It's hard to explain just what my confusion is about...
Old 06-30-2009, 12:27 PM   #17

Registry
Put your hands on the arm rests and push backwards. Make sure both lock levers are unlocked. Lock when you have your best position. Now relax and have a cold one.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:55 PM   #18

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Not a problem for me because I bought them for use at my cabin, not to take along. But that could be a concern.
This is my take on them too. While very good for lounging, they are not too useful for other uses, mainly because the foot support is in the way when the chair is upright. You can't sit up in them at all to eat at a table, or play guitar by the campfire. They are also way too big to carry with me, I like ones that fold up small and stow away nice. I bought a couple Outback King Chairs for trailer use, and would highly recommend them.

Though, a couple of these lougers for out at our rec property would sure be nice, especially for nap time.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 05:48 PM   #19

Registry

Name:	Merlinrecliner.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	263.0 KB
ID:	21338

Here's Merlin enjoying one of my chairs.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:20 PM   #20

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I love my Lafuma... it's without a doubt the most comfortable chair I've ever owned. But, it's not an end all chair. It's heavy to start with, not easily moved around the campsite or taken from campsite to campsite. I have a regular ole folding aluminum web chair for that.

But to lay back and LOUNGE.... Nivana!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote