Cabin Fever....or is it Scamp Fever - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2013, 08:36 PM   #1

Name: Anita
Trailer: Scamp 16'
Colorado
Cabin Fever....or is it Scamp Fever

Here it is near the end of Jan. beautiful here with new snow coming..but I want to get my scamp ready for the first true thaw! Unfortunately I have two eye surgeries in Feb..I was out doing my photography stuff today..and didn't want to go home..ready to camp and travel. Are there any remedies for this? I have at least two months to wait. Help new friends!
Seeitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:42 PM   #2

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Now is a great time to ...
  • Camp in your trailer NOW if it is on your property!
  • Plan your next outings, make reservations, plan itinerary, etc.
  • Make checklists for food, clothing, camp set-up/take-down.
  • Make a travel journal
  • Make plans for a decorative theme in your trailer. Perhaps it will be based on your next destination, a season, a fantasy locale, a time in history, whatever. Some ideas...camping lodge, Native American, Hawaiian/Tropics, 1950's, cowboy/cowgirl, etc. It's amazing how some fabric can transform your space when you turn it into curtains, pillows, throws and tablecloth. Add a few decorative novelties and you are good to go!
  • Plan and implement organization and storage.
  • Daydream!
Happy Camping!
Gilda
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:46 PM   #3

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Yeah, Im temporarily storin mine at a friends place and will be hedin down there next friday nite to camp in it over the weekend... change my incandescent lights to led's last of my new upholstered cushions done so I can take some pictures... maybe blow money at bed bath and beyond for a new bed ina bag (if I can find what I want lol) got a 20% off coupon lol... I have my new ParkLiner for a month now and am dyin to go camping!

deryk
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:50 PM   #4

Colorado
Gilda, thank you I was so focused on what I physically wanted to do I was not creating! That was so inspiring. Sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees.
I already have idea of my interior as the drapes matched pillows I made a couple years ago! So now I will get busy!!! I have been working mapping trip. It's not on my property. Stored down street..snowed in...friend has their things in it. Hoping I can get it to RV place before surgery so it can go on short outings in NM in March that's the plan! Again thank you for recharging my battery!
Old 01-27-2013, 10:54 PM   #5

Colorado
The aero bed has a gd one a bit pricey but it has done well with guest so putting it in the Scamp..
Old 01-28-2013, 11:14 AM   #6

Name: Patti
Trailer: 1984 UHaul CT13
Colorado
Registry
Anita,
I'm with you, I'm sooo over this winter stuff. I look forward to the temp changes that usually happen next month. Ready for some early spring camping.
Patti
keekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:20 AM   #7

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Yea, if we have 70 degree weather this March in Michigan, like we did last March, I'm going campin'.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:37 AM   #8

Colorado
Thanks y'all..just happy to hear I am not alone..unfortunately/fortunately we will have a longer winter here this year..it's okay..we need the moisture we are expecting a foot today! My goldendoodle loves the snow so we will enjoy and before we know it will be Spring!
Old 01-28-2013, 11:46 AM   #9

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
We spent a month in So Carolina and GA. Got home on New Years. Now thinking about hitching up the Egg Camper and heading for Texax sometime in the last couple of weeks in Feb. Here in west MI we have over 400 schools closed today due to freezing rain on top of snow. Supposed to be mid 50s tomorrow and then a steep drop-off. Makes anybody to get up and go.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:08 PM   #10

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Anita, winter is a great time to do your redecorating projects. Lots of time to shop for material and sew up new curtains, pillow covers and table cloths etc. Even if your not camping it makes you feel like your doing something camping related!
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:46 PM   #11

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Seeitall,
Hoping Colorado is getting a lot of snow in the Rio Grande Watershed, Southern New Mexico really need the runoff from up there to fill Elephant Butte.

We've been visiting over in Tucson (without our Scamp), the weather has been very nice (some rain & a little cool on a few days, but most have been very sunny & warm). Las Cruces has it's warm days along with a few cold ones off & on as well.

I'd like to get our Scamp out & do some camping, but haven't taken the opportunity to do so. Maybe will take time in February to get out. Never done any in the past either in the winter. Ha! But maybe one of these times? But then, I'd have to winterize it again.

Felt I'd get it out & about some this fall & winter, but always something to pop up to keep it parked. Maybe sometime, we'll give it a go.

Now if you are wanting to get out the white stuff for a little while & do a little traveling, these NM state parks might work for you:
http://www.emnrd.state.nm.us/SPD/FindaPark.html

Caballo Lake & Elephant Butte Lake SPs on either side of T or C off I-25 as well as Percha Dam State Park, just south of Caballo. http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ico-50588.html

Leasburg Dam State Park north of Las Cruces off I-25.

City of Rocks State Park north of Deming (30 miles) off I-10.

Pancho Villa State Park south of Deming.

Oliver Lee Memorial State Park south of Alamogordo.

Also a BLM campground, Valley of Fires near Carrizozo (north of Alamogordo).

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ona-48436.html

COE campground, Cochiti Lake is located within the boundaries of the Pueblo de Cochiti Indian Reservation between Santa Fe & Albq. http://corpslakes.usace.army.mil/vis...cfm?Id=L403520

Storrie Lake State Park near Las Vega, NM could work as an overnight stop getting down south.

Hope you can make it down! Happy Camping!
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:59 PM   #12

Name: Shirley
Trailer: Casita patriot
Colorado
Oh boy...me too (ready to go camping) and the dogs stand out by the fence near the Casita just hoping something will happen! I'm working on new quilts and a new awning. I didn't get an awning with my camper, so had to design and sew something...almost finished. Put it up for a trial run on Sat. and oh my goodness it is going to work. I've signed up for a couple of rallys this summer so at least I have some definites to look forward to. Can't wait....but we do need more snow here...
ShirleyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:12 PM   #13

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Yesterday we had an Ice Storm here and it took until Noon until I could get into any of my vehicles.
Today it is almost 70 degrees out somehow and it is supposed to be the same Tuesday!

It is KILLING me!

I may just have to sleep in the driveway myself?
I have a reservation in Florida in 2 weeks but may not be able to go after all and it is KILLING me too!

Casita Fever in my case but the same symptoms for sure.

Ed
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:48 PM   #14

Colorado
Thanks so much for all the great ideas and places to go ESP NM! Yes, we are starting to add up the snow fall in mts. For the water shed woohoo! We all know how important that is in the four corners. I am looking forward to get ready for the Spring Scamp! A lot of little things to do on it yet! I bought it end of July and could not take it out for one outing so biting at the bit to say the least. Thank you and I can't wait to meet all of you!

Tags
scamp