Calif Scamp 13 or 16 we can see? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-15-2013, 11:53 AM   #1

Name: Eleanor
Trailer: Bigfoot TT
California
Question Calif Scamp 13 or 16 we can see?

Hi to all you very helpful people
My husband Steve and i are in Santa Barbara CA would like to see a Scamp 16 and Scamp 13. He has seen the 13, I have not.If we could see yours please let us know. We want to place an order and would like to compare them without going to Minnesota.
Also we would like to talk to you about towing the Scamp 16 with our Lexus RX330 which has 3500 pound towing capacity. It seems like it should be OK. If you see problems with that please let me know.
We look forward to meeting some of you at a Rally.
Thanks
Eleanor
eryork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:54 PM   #2

Name: George
Trailer: 16' Scamp SD, TV: Tacoma 4cyl
Northern Wisconsin
I'm from Wisconsin so can't help in respect to showing my Scamp. But, if you call Scamp they will gladly hook you up with some of their previous buyers.
George Nagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:27 PM   #3

Name: George
Trailer: 16' Scamp SD, TV: Tacoma 4cyl
Northern Wisconsin
Eleanor, another thing to keep in mind when dealing with the folks at Scamp, communications may not be as instant as you're used to. This is northern Minnesota where everyone is conciencious, hard working and honest to a fault, but perhaps with only one foot in the new electronics age of text, email and such. Our experience was that we would recieve hand written letters and forms through the mail and respond in kind.

Good luck,

George
George Nagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:33 PM   #4

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Two suggestion for you.
First -- to communicate with Scamp use the telephone. Kent, the owner, prefers to talk to people. Call them see if they can set it for you to see Scamps close to you.

Second -- Look on this site for gatherings close to you, probably be one soon. Go there and look at all the trailers. Very few owners of fiberglass trailers won't be more than happy to show their prized trailer.

Tags
scamp