California bound Oliver Legacy... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2007, 12:06 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Just wanted to let some of you know there is an Oliver on its way to California and they are willing to show...

If you want to know more check our this thread:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/index.ph...1&hl=Oliver

Also, I am doing my best to be more active on here and answer everyone's questions. So fire away (just not too fast) and I'll be here to do my best to provide you with the information.
Jared Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 08:14 PM   #2

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to bill&sandra
Quote:
Just wanted to let some of you know there is an Oliver on its way to California and they are willing to show...

If you want to know more check our this thread:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/index.ph...1&hl=Oliver

Also, I am doing my best to be more active on here and answer everyone's questions. So fire away (just not too fast) and I'll be here to do my best to provide you with the information.

sure enjoyed seeing the Oliver at our PineKnot near Nacogdoches this last weekend. Was that you? Think it was. Thanks for the show around. Sure a nice trailer with lots of needed innovations. Hope to see you again around texas! Going to Matagorda?
bill&sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 09:04 PM   #3

Trailer: Casita 16 ft Spirit Deluxe
I went to the Pomona RV Show this morning (Saturday), "toured" the Oliver Legacy, and spent over an hour talking to Jim and Evon Oliver. They've been touring in the 2nd one built. The newest ones off-the-line are apparently including some of the cosmetic and other minor changes that result from putting several thousand miles on the first ones produced (changes like improved chaulking around the bathroom cabinets, floor level threshold at the door, tighter-tolerence seams on the propane tank cover, ...). They are really soliciting comments for additional improvements.

I was impressed. We have a 16' Casita Spirit Deluxe. The Oliver has pretty much the same floor-plan as the 17' Casita, incorporates most of the modifications that are made by Casita owners, and improves on quality, features, and amenities. The significant improvements include a stronger & aluminum chassis, doubled walled construction with insulation, clean interior, intergrated cabinets with recessed lighting, power jack & stabilizers, enclosed plumbing, large holding tanks, pull-out battery tray,....

The cost, $17.5K for the Classic and $26.5K for the Legacy seemed more reasonable after I did a price comparison with a few of the trailers at the RV Show that interested me; the Thor TA@DA(??) @$22K, Bigfoot (new "off-road" model) @$33K, and Airstream Bambi @$46K. I suffered some significant sticker-shock. Prices have gone up significantly since I was last shopping a few years ago. While all of them have improved in quality, features, and amenities, they are now further out of my reach. I felt better about the Oliver pricing and my ability to "move-up" from my 2001 16' SD in a year or two.

Some additional notes: I actually liked the clean/shiny interior. My wife would appreciate the reduction in allergens. The clean interior did seem to open up the interior over the Casita rug-walls/ceiling. I liked the larger and fully enclosed/insulated fresh and waste-water tanks and interior plumbing (no shower trap hanging low). Nice to have high quality fixtures and appliances (note: the 2-burner stove is recessed to counter level). I noticed the "inside" shower drain lever and no stove hood (have a down-draft exhaust in the counter).
Ged Bulat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 12:26 PM   #4

Another quick update on the California Oliver Legacy....

Jim & Evon conatacted me and told me that they had a fantastic time meeting everyone in Pomona, CA. They do not have a way to post on here at this time and asked to to thank everyone that came, they truly enjoyed everyone's company, compliments and feedback.

In fact, they enjoyed it so much that they are willing to show it off again in the Sacremento, CA area! They are on there way up there today and having a blast in California! Same as before, if you're interested in seeing the Oliver Legacy travel trailer give Jim & Evon a phone call!

Jim's Cell: (931) 209-5818
Old 10-16-2007, 10:08 AM   #5

I had a few quick questions when you have time. Can you tell me what material the oliver floor is made out of? Is it, pressboard, chipboard, plywood, ETC? Second, is this flooring encapsulated top and bottom around fiberglass? If encapsulated, does the bottom half have drain holes for water to escape due to a possible interior water leaks or sink/toilet overflows? Thanks in advance.
Quote:
...Also, I am doing my best to be more active on here and answer everyone's questions. So fire away (just not too fast) and I'll be here to do my best to provide you with the information.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 01:02 PM   #6

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
And just to build on Ken's questions...
The lower fiberglass shell drops down between the frame rails and encloses the tanks there; the interior floor is then on top of the tanks. So...
  • How is the interior floor constructed? (That is, the actual floor, not the bottom of the shell)
  • Does the shell bottom (under the tanks) include any material other than the moulded fiberglass, and does it include drainage in case of plumbing problems?
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 03:51 PM   #7

Quote:
And just to build on Ken's questions...
The lower fiberglass shell drops down between the frame rails and encloses the tanks there; the interior floor is then on top of the tanks. So...
  • How is the interior floor constructed? (That is, the actual floor, not the bottom of the shell)
  • Does the shell bottom (under the tanks) include any material other than the moulded fiberglass, and does it include drainage in case of plumbing problems?
Good questions. Do you think it's also reasonable to ask what access is provided to the tanks in the event they need to be replaced or serviced?
Steve R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 11:43 AM   #8

The floor in the Oliver is reinforced with a “honeycomb” type material called Nidacore and also Bi-Directional. These materials are then completely encased into the floor with a fiberglass coating. Our floors and shell walls do not contain any type of wood of composite woods. Therefore there is nothing to rot! The floor is also supported by an aluminum sub-frame or 4"x4" box tube that is fiberglassed in place between the fiberglass interior floor and fiberglass exterior bottom. Our walls consist of the same materials for strength as well as the addition of Coremat. I hope that this has been helpful.

Tags
oliver