California Dreaming - Malibu! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-07-2008, 01:08 PM   #15
Name: Patrick
Trailer: 2007 Casita Liberty (Sold 2011)/ Honda Odyssey
GasBuddy! Since this trip will have a predetermined route and destination, I thought I might print out a few GasBuddy maps for stops along the way so I don't have to look around for the cheapest gas. May also just plug the locations into my GPS.

Here's a map for Santa Monica - although Arco is cash-only and I get a 5% discount (20 cents+) with my American Express card, but you can get the idea.
Attached Thumbnails

Patrick M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 01:41 PM   #16
We're back! Had a great trip. Here's a picture from the Malibu Beach RV Resort, the only RV park in Malibu I believe, and they do charge for that, but a nice place. (Except for the ants. They have a large supply of Ajax in the store that people spread around their tires and other things touching the ground to try and stop the ants. We duct taped the electric cord opening!)

Man, the traffic in LA is something else! Sunset Blvd worked very well for E/W travel.

Temperature shot from RV park in Indio last week. Did someone here mention they doubted they really needed an A/C in these small trailers?
Attached Thumbnails
Malibu_Beach_RV_Resort.jpg   Indio_Temp.JPG  

Old 06-26-2008, 10:11 PM   #17
Name: Greg
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
Now that's a campsite with a view!
Scamp Owners International
2005 Escape 17-B
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:54 AM   #18
Name: Adrian
Trailer: Lance 1985~'Casita de Campo' ~23' 4"~Dinette Slide Previously: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette, Front Bath
New Mexico
Patrick M.

I had visited the Malibu RV Park some years ago expecting to visit a friend who was moving to the area (spending some time living in his 5th wheel) when visiting my wifes mother out there. But he was still in route when we stopped by. In 2006, we spend a few days at the Point Mugu State Park. We went to the Malibu Getty Villa. We did not have tickets, but talked with a man at the gate. With our out of state tags, he allowed us to enter. They keep a few tickets for out of state people. Several years ago we spend a night at the Leo Carrillo SP which is nearer to Malibu. We stayed at Point Mugu SP in June and did not make a reservation. We were in the parking lot style site. Leo Carrillo has a nice tide pool by it. We have stopped several time for the tide pool.

We have enjoyed the Getty's. Hope you enjoyed them. There is another museum in Pasadena which is very nice as well: The Norton Simon Museum of Art.

I would agree, the traffic in LA is something else! My daughter and her husband have moved to Tucson in May a year ago. We have spend some time there since and have found Tucson a few nice city, easy to get around in, great traffic flow. We like the place and they do as well.

She enjoyed the rain you were getting yesterday. Hope some of it will move over to Las Cruces.

DesertHawk- Las Cruces, NM USA
2015 Lance 1985 ~ Casita de Campo ~23' 4"
~Previously ~ 2005 16' Scamp
2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab Longbed ARE Topper
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 11:02 AM   #19
We sent the rain from yesterday on your way! It was blowing and trying to rain where we are, but never did much. We had to see the flooding and hail that occurred in Tucson on the national news this morning!

We enjoyed our visit to LA, but would probably try to avoid the summer months in the future. Went to the Getty Villa, were "show enhancers"/audience members at the Late, Late Show with Craig Ferguson, paid for lot parking at the WAY over-rated Farmers Market, drove down Hollywood Blvd, but mainly hung out at the beach along with thousands of our closest friends.
Attached Thumbnails