California Trillium Owners? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-02-2011, 10:32 PM   #1

Name: Aimee
Trailer: currently shopping
California
California Trillium Owners?

Hi,
We are hoping to buy a camper SOON. We have never been camping -- not in an RV, or any other sort of camping.
So this makes things a bit difficult....
We are hoping to learn from others.

We like the Trillium RV Limited (Irvine - Tom Young) and were wondering if people who have bought them are still happy with them. They don't seem to be a double fiberglass shell like the EggCampers -- we can't figure out what the interior actually is. We like a non-fuzzy, no carpet-on-the-wall interior, too.

Anybody even seen the inside of these?

Thanks!
Aimee L.
aimeelightsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:59 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Cool The Trillium inside story

Aimee,

I am typing this from the inside of Homelet!!

We have a Trillium and we love it! Ours doesn't have all the latest features since it is a 2009 model. Trillium's affiliation with Mattman is paying dividends, like lined storage areas.

I found the pattern on the web. It has a cushioned backin with a vinyl wrinkled covering like the picture, which is called "Happy Hour". We like it very much. It is easy to wipe off, yet has an insulative value and looks attractive. The color is not the same, ours is a light grey where the picture is brown.

We have been in Lodi Stockton a couple of times. Usually in January when we are fleeing the PNW winter. This year we stayed at Flag City.

PS If you do buy one, tell them I sent you.
Attached Images

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:18 PM   #3

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger C H View Post
Aimee,

I am typing this from the inside of Homelet!!

We have one and we love it! Ours doesn't have all the latest features since it is a 2009 model. Trilliums affiliation with Mattman is paying dividends, like lined storage areas.

I found it on the web. It has a cushion with a vinyl wrinkled covering which is called "Happy Hour" on the website I found. We like it very much. It is easy to wipe off, yet has an insulative value and looks attractive. In fact, The color is not the same, ours is a light grey where the picture is brown.
Thanks for the reply -- It sounds great!

The fridge is 12v DC/120 AC/DC, right? We are scared of the 3 way/ propane refrigerators. Lots of recalls, we hear, and dangerous at times. So I am hoping Trillium has the kind that are non-propane.

Are you ever going off the grid with it? We hope to go off for maybe 3 or 4 days at a time. Do you think you could with this one?

Are you happy with the customer service, too?

Of the options you added or could have added, which are the ones you think are the most important?

Thanks!
Old 05-02-2011, 11:58 PM   #4

California
The other thing that worried us is the gross vehicle weight rating = 2500 lbs. If we add some options like ac, furnace, water heater, solar -- it easily could go to 2000 lbs instead of 1680 dry weight. So even though our combined body weight is only about 260, that leaves very little left for items in the camper....
Old 05-04-2011, 10:16 AM   #5

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
If you are planning on being off grid for 3 to 4 days you'll need something more than a/c-d/c refrigerator. The fridge on d/c will suck the battery dry in no time.

There is nothing wrong with propane fridges. And they all don't get recalled. I've not had a recall on mine it's now 10 years old. I never use the d/c side of my 3 way refrigerator.

Oh, if you intend on having a built-in stove you'll need propane for it, so why not a 3 way fridge.

I'm up in Sonora. If you are ever this way and want to look at my 13 Scamp let me know. But then it has fuzzy carpeting in it which I love.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:11 AM   #6

California
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy A View Post
If you are planning on being off grid for 3 to 4 days you'll need something more than a/c-d/c refrigerator. The fridge on d/c will suck the battery dry in no time.

There is nothing wrong with propane fridges. And they all don't get recalled. I've not had a recall on mine it's now 10 years old. I never use the d/c side of my 3 way refrigerator.

Oh, if you intend on having a built-in stove you'll need propane for it, so why not a 3 way fridge.

I'm up in Sonora. If you are ever this way and want to look at my 13 Scamp let me know. But then it has fuzzy carpeting in it which I love.
Hi, Joy,
Good info to consider -- thanks for sharing. Never having camped, we are spinning in circles trying to figure this out before buying a new camper.
The EggCamper guy will install propane if a customer insists, but he seems genuinely worried about it. He seems afraid one of his customers might blow themselves up, I guess. I don't know how to assess this danger -- he says one client actually survived an rv propane explosion and switched to all electric after that. (I might have just given up camping altogether, but who knows? )

--A.L.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:17 PM   #7

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeelightsey View Post
Hi, Joy,
Good info to consider -- thanks for sharing. Never having camped, we are spinning in circles trying to figure this out before buying a new camper.
The EggCamper guy will install propane if a customer insists, but he seems genuinely worried about it. He seems afraid one of his customers might blow themselves up, I guess. I don't know how to assess this danger -- he says one client actually survived an rv propane explosion and switched to all electric after that. (I might have just given up camping altogether, but who knows? )

--A.L.
Aimee, This kept me awake last night, If you have never camped before why in the world are you going to buy a new very expensive trailer? Why not look at something a little used. You may find that camping is not all it's cracked up to be.
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:05 PM   #8

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
I don't know what the Egg Camper fellows problem is because there are millions and millions of RV's from very large Motorhomes down to Tent trailers that have propane. There very few propane incidents. Maybe those people did something wrong. Who knows.

Propane doesn't scare me in the least.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:19 PM   #9

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg H View Post
Aimee, This kept me awake last night, If you have never camped before why in the world are you going to buy a new very expensive trailer? Why not look at something a little used. You may find that camping is not all it's cracked up to be.
Hi Greg,
I understand you being perplexed there... well, we had a number of reasons propelling us this direction.

First, we love to go outdoors and rock climb. Our hardier friends go tent camping, but we have bad backs and are getting too old to start that now. We love to travel around in general, and our previous mode of travel was hotels/motels/etc. With the bedbug situation, we are thinking we can't do that anymore, plus we want to take our little dog more often. So we started looking at conversion vans. Figured we might like a bit more space plus did not want a single-use vehicle, so we went towards campers next.
We have been wanting to get outdoors more -- we have been putting off our real traveling around until retirement, but decided we want to stop putting it off. I have been dealing with cancer and the resultant treatments and my spouse is now undergoing scans for possible bone and lung cancer. We are hoping that comes back negative, and if it does we are putting a deposit down immediately and heading for the hills.

(Carpe diem, as they say....)

--A L
Old 05-04-2011, 03:26 PM   #10

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
Ok, now I understand. Good luck with the health issues.
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium