Camp Grounds with WiFi - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-13-2011, 09:37 PM   #1

Name: Mary Ann
Trailer: 1992 Scamp 13' Deluxe
Minnesota
Camp Grounds with WiFi

For those of you who travel with computers, (I do) this is a great site. Find the state, and it lists the camp grounds that have WiFi.

CampRate.com : List of Campgrounds in the USA
Mary Ann in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:52 PM   #2

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Seeing as how you posted.... I am now at our Glass Egg Meet at The Fort Campground with free wi/fi...godda love it!!!!!
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:25 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Interesting, but not trustworthy. I checked some the Oregon listings. Most were expensive RV resorts, not campgrounds. One actual campground listed doesn't have WiFi, I've camped there several times and I just checked their web site to see if something changed since last year.

There's lots of free WiFi around without paying the extra for RV Resorts. One fairly reliable cost to cost establishment that has WiFi is the Golden Arches of McDonalds.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:24 AM   #4

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Registry
lotta times you have to be right on top the office to use wifi , they dont wanna buy the items to bounce it around the campgrounds.....normally
Bruce Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 08:38 AM   #5

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
When we were staying with our inlaws at a rented Beach House not far from Sarasota, FL we discovered the usual establishments that offered free wi-fi such as Mickey D's, Wendy's, bookstores etc ALL charged down there. I dont know if it was b/c it was a tourist area or what. I never thought to call the corporate offices to see if each franchise can decide on it's own to offer it free or for a fee. Think I just may try that and see what answers I get. So if it's Imperative you get online at a certain time (like maybe for work) make sure the wi-fi is indeed available.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:42 AM   #6

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Thomas View Post
lotta times you have to be right on top the office to use wifi , they dont wanna buy the items to bounce it around the campgrounds.....normally

At least they try and bring it to you. Because of tree's, buildings ect, it can get expensive for Wifi access to be thru out a camp ground, Wifi isn't perfect, but certainly better that waiting for a phone jack like we use to have to do.

It doesn't take a lot to walk up to the office and check my email. Often times there are game rooms, computer rooms that are nice to sit in and do what I have to do on the computer. I will take walking to the office over not having any access.........
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 10:43 AM   #7

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Thomas View Post

Some campgrounds don't have a local "office" just a campground host in his/her RV. As a matter of fact very few of the places I stay have anything that resembles an "office".
Old 05-14-2011, 10:46 AM   #8

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissab View Post
When we were staying with our inlaws at a rented Beach House not far from Sarasota, FL we discovered the usual establishments that offered free wi-fi such as Mickey D's, Wendy's, bookstores etc ALL charged down there. I dont know if it was b/c it was a tourist area or what. I never thought to call the corporate offices to see if each franchise can decide on it's own to offer it free or for a fee. Think I just may try that and see what answers I get. So if it's Imperative you get online at a certain time (like maybe for work) make sure the wi-fi is indeed available.
Mickey D's has a couple options including a pay service. If you look carefully they have a free service, at all the ones I was in this past winter, and that several across 8 Southwest states.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:05 AM   #9

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Free Wifi

Free Wifi

Free Wi-Fi :: McDonalds.com

Wi-Fi | Starbucks Coffee Company
Steve & Terri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:07 AM   #10

Name: Michael
Trailer: Bigfoot 25B25RQ
BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin G View Post
At least they try and bring it to you. Wifi isn't perfect, but certainly better that waiting for a phone jack like we use to have to do.
I will take walking to the office over not having any access.........
Waiting for someone to "get off the line" while waiting for the laundry room dryers to be free brings back memories...

I think there's been a huge improvement with respect to WiFi availability at campgrounds in the last few years. I'm sure that owners/caretakers know that WiFi (and cable) can make a booking difference to a potential family of travelers/campers.

As Steve notes some examples above, outside many of the campgrounds on the continent there are a myriad of potential free (yes, without stealing) hot spots available if you look around.

---------------------
Mary Ann:
Please note: if you have a Blackberry or a iPhone 4, free software installed on the phone will allow you to tether your laptop wireless (iPhone 3 wired) to your phone for 3g WiFi, if the phone has a signal, just do an internet search "wireless tethering" to learn more.
mike_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 02:34 PM   #11

Name: Cyndi
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 5th Wheel/2019 Toyota Tundra
Iowa
Registry
Poor man's WIFI.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_0077.jpg  
Cyndi B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 03:17 PM   #12

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissab View Post

The link provided below shows several in that area. Look here
Old 05-14-2011, 05:06 PM   #13

Name: Mary Ann
Trailer: 1992 Scamp 13' Deluxe
Minnesota
mike bc.

I have internet one my iphone. I'm not worried about getting WiFi, I only posted the link to a site I came across and thought I would post it for others to see as well. I'm sure some of the sites have changed since the site was made. Like I said, I just posted it so others could see it.
Mary Ann in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 05:24 PM   #14

Name: Michael
Trailer: Bigfoot 25B25RQ
BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Ann in MN View Post
mike bc.

I have internet one my iphone. I'm not worried about getting WiFi, I only posted the link to a site I came across and thought I would post it for others to see as well. I'm sure some of the sites have changed since the site was made. Like I said, I just posted it so others could see it.
Yes, I see that now...thank you for your original posting.
mike_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:37 PM   #15

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin G View Post
Wifi isn't perfect, but certainly better that waiting for a phone jack like we use to have to do.
I have a phone jack wired-up in my Fiber Stream which is totally useless now.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:34 PM   #16

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Ann in MN View Post
mike bc.

Nothing personal meant. In fact it started a nice conversation and ideas for wifi spots. So, thanks for posting.