Campground cheaters - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV


View Poll Results: Cheating?
Cheating 17 34.69%
Self Preservation 24 48.98%
Quit complaining, at least you get to go 6 12.24%
African, or European? 2 4.08%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-08-2006, 01:27 PM   #43
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 1978 Volkswagen Westfalia
Posts: 142
Afraid of the dark??? You don't even see them outside much less out in the dark!!!

And then, we have the people that have Christmas lights all over the awnings and leave them on all night long too. GRRRR.....

Then you have those people that play their music so loud, they can hear them in the next county. And, it's ALWAYS passed "quiet time" and no ranger around.
__________________

__________________
Jan Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 04:43 PM   #44
Senior Member
 
Roger H's Avatar
 
Name: Roger
Trailer: Y2K6 Born Free 32RQ on the Kodiak chassis, 1995 Coachmen 19' B-van and 1996 Precision 21' Sailboat
Iowa
Posts: 5,000
Quote:
Then you have those people that play their music so loud, they can hear them in the next county.
Hey, my new trailer has KILLER outside speakers under the awning... I've always wanted that... now instead of turning the stereo off, I can just change the fade to the back channel and blast smooth jazz out over the rappers in the next tent over... ALL NIGHT LONG!!!

Roger
__________________

__________________
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 06:28 PM   #45
Moderator
 
Frederick L. Simson's Avatar
 
Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Posts: 8,151
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Unhappy

Quote:
Why do people leave their porch light on all night when in a campground? We have never figured out what they were leaving it on for. Even dry camping we have found some people turn their lights on when they go to sleep and leave it on all night. Not as bad as having a generator next to you but still not fun.
Quote:
[b]Afraid of the dark?
The porch light is left on all night, on the RV, for the same reason it is left on all night at home. We city people are afraid of the dark, and have been told that we must leave the light on for security. This is a habit that is most difficult to break.
__________________
Frederick - The Scaleman
1978 Fiber Stream 16 named "Eggstasy" & 1971 Compact Jr. named "Boomerang"
Frederick L. Simson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 06:32 PM   #46
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 1978 Volkswagen Westfalia
Posts: 142
The guy two doors down does the same thing - has a big outside light that even lights up my back yard. Saves a lot of money for me as I don't have to put electric lights in my yard now!!!
__________________
Jan Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 06:50 PM   #47
Senior Member
 
Byron Kinnaman's Avatar
 
Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Posts: 6,312
Registry
Quote:
The porch light is left on all night, on the RV, for the same reason it is left on all night at home. We city people are afraid of the dark, and have been told that we must leave the light on for security. This is a habit that is most difficult to break.
There's been times when I was almost tempted to help break that habit with the help of a darkness inducing air rifle. Double mantel Coleman lanterns would have been the target in my younger days. Another temtation I managed to avoid is using the same device to silence a speaker or two.
__________________
Byron & Anne enjoying the everyday Saturday thing.
Byron Kinnaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 08:05 PM   #48
Moderator
 
Frederick L. Simson's Avatar
 
Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Posts: 8,151
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Unhappy

Quote:
I was almost tempted...
I managed to avoid...
Thank you for your civility.
__________________
Frederick - The Scaleman
1978 Fiber Stream 16 named "Eggstasy" & 1971 Compact Jr. named "Boomerang"
Frederick L. Simson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 09:00 PM   #49
Moderator
 
Gina D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Posts: 9,016
Registry
Roger,

*puts on sing song tone of childhood song...*

"Anything you can do,
I can do louder"


Click image for larger version

Name:	bigamps1.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	5480


once I find a ladder, anyway...

__________________
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 09:27 PM   #50
Senior Member
 
Roger H's Avatar
 
Name: Roger
Trailer: Y2K6 Born Free 32RQ on the Kodiak chassis, 1995 Coachmen 19' B-van and 1996 Precision 21' Sailboat
Iowa
Posts: 5,000
Gina... you'll notice that I am only tempted to do it OVER the tunes of the "rapper" next door... I would NEVER do it otherwise...

Byron, I'm with you... although beneath my meek, mild-mannered exterior lies a really, REALLY nasty evil persona who, rather than an air rifle, for effect would be more than happy to exercise a shotgun in the performance of same...

Roger
__________________
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 02:06 AM   #51
Senior Member
 
bonnie w's Avatar
 
Trailer: 1974 Ventura
Posts: 180
A couple of summers ago I camped with my son in Tofino, Vancouver Island. Later on in the evening the group of young people beside began the party, hardy loud music. Very early the next morning I dug out my opera music, and my son became so embarrassed that I would play it. I said "son, either it's going to be opera or church hymns" I don't get mad I get even. "You know your getting old when ---"
__________________
bonnie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 06:18 AM   #52
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 1978 Volkswagen Westfalia
Posts: 142
You were lucky - normally they are up and out of the campground before I can do something like that. However, I was thinking about clanging pans together!!! I wouldn't want to take the chance that they may like opera.
__________________
Jan Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 10:36 PM   #53
Moderator
 
Frederick L. Simson's Avatar
 
Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Posts: 8,151
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Thumbs down

Quote:
Byron, I'm with you... although beneath my meek, mild-mannered exterior lies a really, REALLY nasty evil persona who, rather than an air rifle, for effect would be more than happy to exercise a shotgun in the performance of same...

Roger
...and people wonder about us city persons being afraid of the dark. I have to put up with gunfire and helicopters in my neighborhood at home.
__________________
Frederick - The Scaleman
1978 Fiber Stream 16 named "Eggstasy" & 1971 Compact Jr. named "Boomerang"
Frederick L. Simson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 11:21 PM   #54
Senior Member
 
Byron Kinnaman's Avatar
 
Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Posts: 6,312
Registry
Quote:
...and people wonder about us city persons being afraid of the dark. I have to put up with gunfire and helicopters in my neighborhood at home.

Us country folks hear gunfire sometimes. It's usually somebody removing a gopher or mole from this world. Once in a while it's a bit of target practice. I've heard gunfire once where is was meant for a person, and that was when I lived in the city.

I have helicopters going overhead too. Sometimes in National Guard out playing, sometimes it's spaying a field, and sometimes it's Life Flight taking an accident victum to the local hospital.

But you city folks don't want to move to the country, it's dark at night, there's strange noises, lots bats flying around, and you might step in a gopher hole.

I suggest you put lots of lights around your house, surveillance cameras, motion detectors, heavy bars on the windows and doors, and stay inside. Would that help?
__________________
Byron & Anne enjoying the everyday Saturday thing.
Byron Kinnaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 10:49 AM   #55
Moderator
 
Frederick L. Simson's Avatar
 
Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Posts: 8,151
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
I suggest you put lots of lights around your house, surveillance cameras, motion detectors, heavy bars on the windows and doors, and stay inside.
Oh, you've seen my house.

In my neighborhood, most of the helicopters belong to the city's police force, who are shining BRIGHT searchlights into our backyards and alleys, circling the block for 1/2 hour at a time. I live near the convergance of 3 freeways. If it's not a police helicopter, then it's a TV news helicopter getting video of the traffic accident/snarl du jour.

There are a lot of Liquor Stores in the city. Too many patrons of them consider a handgun a substitute for a credit card that you don't make payments on. They are also a wholesale marketing tool for the gangs who sell drugs here.

(If you see a pair of sneakers tied together, dangling from an overhead power line, it is a code for the spot your neighborhood pusher conducts business.)

I don't have window bars, though. I have roll-up security shutters. They look like industrial garage doors. Keeps the bricks & rocks from breaking the glass.

This is why I spend a lot of time in my Fiber Stream.
__________________
Frederick - The Scaleman
1978 Fiber Stream 16 named "Eggstasy" & 1971 Compact Jr. named "Boomerang"
Frederick L. Simson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:49 AM   #56
Senior Member
 
Chester Taje's Avatar
 
Name: Ches
Trailer: 1992 Kustom Koach 17 FT
British Columbia
Posts: 4,897
Quote:
Oh, you've seen my house.

In my neighborhood, most of the helicopters belong to the city's police force, who are shining BRIGHT searchlights into our backyards and alleys, circling the block for 1/2 hour at a time. I live near the convergance of 3 freeways. If it's not a police helicopter, then it's a TV news helicopter getting video of the traffic accident/snarl du jour.

There are a lot of Liquor Stores in the city. Too many patrons of them consider a handgun a substitute for a credit card that you don't make payments on. They are also a wholesale marketing tool for the gangs who sell drugs here.

(If you see a pair of sneakers tied together, dangling from an overhead power line, it is a code for the spot your neighborhood pusher conducts business.)

I don't have window bars, though. I have roll-up security shutters. They look like industrial garage doors. Keeps the bricks & rocks from breaking the glass.

This is why I spend a lot of time in my Fiber Stream.
I would be moving real fast
__________________

__________________
Retired Underground Coal Miner.
Served in Canadian Army (1PPCLI)
Chester Taje is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Campground directory Todd Sleeman Camping, Campout Reports 9 02-06-2008 06:05 PM
So you want to own a campground! Bill Boone General Chat 3 02-24-2007 12:34 PM
New to Me campground, So. Cal Gina D. Camping, Campout Reports 19 04-16-2006 06:47 PM
AM or PM in the Campground Care and Feeding of Molded Fiberglass Trailers 0 12-31-1969 07:00 PM
AM or PM in the Campground General Chat 0 12-31-1969 07:00 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.