Camping Bucket List - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-06-2016, 05:15 PM   #1

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Camping Bucket List

What is your camping bucket list?

Mine is to attend the Chapin Family (Harry Chapin) singing fest in August at Steve Chapin's campground, Ovens Natural Park. Kevin and I are die-hard Harry Chapin fans. We were never able to attend one of Harry's concerts, but we did get to see Steve and the family in a Chicago suburb a couple of years ago (I bought my "Harry, it sucks!" t-shirt there). We have almost all of the albums he and his family created.

We have not been able to go, since we both work in education and school starts in August when they have their family songfest, so I am counting the days until retirement.

This bucket list desire was part of my desire to buy the Bigfoot Silver Cloud. I am not sure of the amenities at Ovens Natural Park, and our Uhaul VT was not set up to boondock, but the Silver Cloud, "The Longhouse," can handle boondocking. Hopefully, Ovens Natural Park can handle the length of our Longhouse, as this camping trip is on my calendar for vacation in 2020 after Kevin (and I) retire! I just hope they still have the family sing then!

http://www.ovenspark.com/

CindyL
Old 06-07-2016, 06:37 AM   #2

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
I've been camping since I was 12 years old, been rving since 1962 and have been in 49 states. Will never make 50 because my truck can't tow my trailer across water. I guess my bucket list is more general than specific. I want to go back to many of the places I've been and to as many new to me places as I can get to. I just wish my wife were alive to continue our travels together.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 07:42 AM   #3

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003 16 ft
Registry
Grand Canyon, the Badlands, Estes Park in the Rockies, one of the Portland, Oregon rallys to meet some of the people I've met as a past forum moderator. Prince Edward Island.
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
Steve L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 08:45 AM   #4

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
My problem is even though I've towed the Escape 76,703 miles over the last 5 years, and spent 892 nights in the trailer, my "Bucket List" keeps getting longer!

It is an actual list collected from suggestions from campground hosts, other trailer owners, forums, and a collection of web pages from other travelers. For those (particularly other photographers) that want to add to their list, I suggest copies of the various books - Photographing the Southwest by Laurent Martres. These books provide an amazing collection of locations that are well worth visiting whether or not you are a photographer.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 09:29 AM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Fall color

I want to follow the fall color change from Maine down to Georgia. I have lived in Southern California for the last twenty years and greatly miss the colors of my youth.
Eric Heinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 09:32 AM   #6

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
A persons camping desired reach should exceed their grasp.... otherwise what would we plan to do tomorrow?

I would like to make a trip out to the Rockies again. Just wife and I, not rushed, able to savor the journey and sights. Have family out there so have gone but not since the kids have grown. Would not mind doing the same heading south to Florida. Family there too. Drive through some lovely country on the way but never with much time to stop... did see Ruby Falls on one trip!
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 09:41 AM   #7

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Heinz View Post
I want to follow the fall color change from Maine down to Georgia. I have lived in Southern California for the last twenty years and greatly miss the colors of my youth.
When you do, be sure to include Ricketts Glen State Park in PA; my favorite state park with 7 miles of cascades, and 22 waterfalls:
Attached Thumbnails
ASE_1130.jpg  
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 10:51 AM   #8

Name: Peg
Trailer: 2016 -13' Scamp
Massachusetts
Following...
herons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 11:24 AM   #9

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
It would be easier to list where I did not want to go. No place comes to mind right now.
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 12:26 PM   #10

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Vermilye View Post
When you do, be sure to include Ricketts Glen State Park in PA; my favorite state park with 7 miles of cascades, and 22 waterfalls:
Ooh we missed that one on our trips to PA. It has to be close to where we were too, since the Ricketts family lived not far from where my Rev. War ancestors lived (They intermarried too.)

CindyL
Old 06-07-2016, 03:24 PM   #11

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
We had no bucket list and still have no bucket list.

After 16 years we have been to so many marvelous places, generally at a relaxing pace, people on the Caravan called it Norm's Pace. This year we did something new and led a caravan to NL, sharing our pass with the future.

This summer when we return to New England in July we have another trip to the Machias, Maine Blueberry Festival planned, repeating something that was really good.

For us we generally seek the little known now, going to a small community of maybe 10 houses where there's a Sunday afternoon dance, local music, friendly people. Or finding a trail at the end of the road, climbing to the top of the 'head', seeing a new vista or spotting an iceberg.

We have made a small habit of going to a Music Festival in NL where people chat and tell us 'little bits' that we try to seek out.. directed wandering I guess.

Lists imply schedules, schedules, in a measure, may imply work.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 03:49 PM   #12

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Frpm a book..

After posting about the bucket list I picked up a book and here's what I read.

"Don't put your dreams on hold. Don't wait for the right time to come. And don't wait for this or that to be finished. Things change quicker than you think, and suddenly it's too late. And than you regret it for the rest of your life."

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 04:12 PM   #13

Name: Roger
Trailer: U Hall VT
Michigan
Registry
When you go to the Grand Canyon, take 10X 50 binoculars, then you can see the Grand Canyon it is great!
Roger Kimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 04:30 PM   #14

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Kimble View Post
When you go to the Grand Canyon, take 10X 50 binoculars, then you can see the Grand Canyon it is great!
When the kids saw the view from the North Rim they all three just stopped and stared, I think one said a soft "wow" and another replied "yeah". Then they hustled toward the edge to spit over it.

Did the same spit off the edge thing at Royal Gorge bridge as soon as they got over how high up it was.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote