Camping list - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2011, 04:32 PM   #1

Name: Mary Ann
Trailer: 1992 Scamp 13' Deluxe
Minnesota
Camping list

Is there such a thing is a camping list? Years ago, I had a really nice list of items to bring along such as one for food, and the other for the gear. I didn't always bring it all, but it was nice to look at to get ideas what is needed.

I'm getting ready, I bought 2 cast iron single sq. pie irons, and a double burger iron yesterday. I seasoned them today, so they are ready to go. We also bought a firepit.

I know camping is a couple months away for us way up north, but when the time is right...I want to be ready to go.
Mary Ann in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 05:11 PM   #2

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Try the documents section of this forum.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 05:34 PM   #3

Minnesota
I didn't see a supplies list there, but I'll go back and check it out again, I may have missed something.

Thank You
Mary Ann
Old 02-27-2011, 06:48 PM   #4

Trailer: 2009 Scamp 16 ft / 2003 Durango
This is not the one I have, but look's like it has more stuff.

Camping RV Trailer Supplies & Equpment Packing Check List Expedition TrinityCam Infosite

Bill K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Ann in MN View Post
I didn't see a supplies list there, but I'll go back and check it out again, I may have missed something.

Thank You
Mary Ann
Bill K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 06:54 PM   #5

Minnesota
WOW...Now that's a list. If I took all that stuff, I wouldn't have any room left for my socks...lol

Thanks for posting the link.
Mary Ann
Old 02-27-2011, 06:59 PM   #6

Trailer: 2009 Scamp 16 ft / 2003 Durango
BTW I typed " trailer packing checklist " and a whole list of list came up after trailer packing.

Google is your friend

Bill K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Ann in MN View Post
WOW...Now that's a list. If I took all that stuff, I wouldn't have any room left for my socks...lol

Thanks for posting the link.
Mary Ann
Bill K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 12:23 AM   #7

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Mary Ann, Ummmmm, the list is a little extensive! But what you can do is, utilize what would work for your camping needs from it.

Sorry I don't know if your new to camping or just happened to join us. But one thing that is recommend for newbie's is to camp close to home for the first camping trip.

Of course pack what you think you will need, then take notes on what you needed and want to add. Seems to work for most. Take note paper jot down items you think you want. This also works for things you pack in the trailer that you haven't used in 20 camping trips. Time to remove it......

Personally I have different camping needs. So though there are things that are left in the Casita all the time. Certain things only get put in when I think I will need them. Of course I have the luxury of storage (in our barn) for things as crockpot, electric skillet, Mr Coffee maker when we will be resort camping and ax, camp stove, lantern, etc when we will be camping camping....... That way I am not dragging everything with me for every camp trip. It works for us, but it is a lot of work. But my thought is, it would be more work to move stuff everytime I needed what ever was stored behind it!

Find a campground close to home and get out for a couple of nights to see what you find that would make your camping excursions more fun. Enjoy!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:45 AM   #8

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Mary Ann in MN... Socks with sandals???
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 03:03 PM   #9

Minnesota
Robin G...I'm not new to camping. Years ago we had a small motor home, than a travel trailer. I also did tent camping for a few years. I just had a check list I used to get ideas what I should take along. It just came in handy for me. I will have to start another one for myself.

I used to have, and will again have dishes, and other things that are needed that I will put in, and just leave in the camper. Being it's been a while since I did camper camping, I was looking for just a basic list. I can make one up again from the list that others have posted.

Thanks to all who posted
Mary Ann
Old 02-28-2011, 07:31 PM   #10

Name: Alice
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD - Kondo A-Go-Go
Utah
Registry
Mary Ann;
Here is a link http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scampers/files/ scroll thru the topics, there is one for Camper Checklist.doc and Arrival/Departure.doc.

KONDO A-GO-GO - I GO WHERE I'M TOWED
Wallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:06 PM   #11

Minnesota
Thank you, I'll check it out.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:59 PM   #12

Trailer: 1999 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Florida
We typed up our own list and printed it from the computer. We put it into a plastic page protector made for a loose leaf binder. Not everything listed goes on every trip. Other folks have different priorities.
Herb Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:55 PM   #13

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: All...My wife always sends me with a list. Trouble is I always forget to bring IT!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 04:32 PM   #14

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 13 ft
[QUOTE=Mary Ann in MN;238589]Is there such a thing as a camping list?

Over the past few years I have created a computer spreadsheet I call 'Master Checklist'. I have column headings for numerous categories, including doing my taxes, closing up the house, and travel with our Trillium; many of the same items appear in several categories. When it's time to do something, I open up the master list and cut and paste categories I need into another spreadsheet, deleting items I won't need. Then, voila, I have a custom checklist for that specific activity. (Sample Trillium checklist attached.)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Trillium Checklist.pdf (47.2 KB, 28 views)
Marv Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 01:38 PM   #15

Minnesota
Thanks everyone. I have been checking out some of the lists, and now I'm making one of my own. All I needed was a few ideas to get me started.

Mary Ann.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:24 PM   #16

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Registry
I saw this Packing app recently for Iphone/Ipad. It had a field where you could enter the weight of whatever you're taking. That could be interesting to see how things add up! I suppose to be "camp compatible" you'd need to be able to designate whether it was going in the trailer or tow vehicle, but I guess you could have separate lists.

Here's a youtube review of the Ipad version the iPhone version has a much simpler user interface.

There's a short commercial in there at the front.
regards,

Matt
Old 03-10-2011, 06:27 AM   #17

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I'm slowing moving away from using a list. I found if I didn't have it on the list, I'd forget to pack something! The nice thing about having a trailer, is it can stay packed for travel. The only things I need to pack.. are clothing and food. Everything else stays in/with the trailer. Yard sales, second hand stores and even my own cupboards have helped outfit the trailer with everything from towels to knives. Getting ready to go camping shouldn't be stressful. YMMV
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:28 AM   #18

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
We've been traveling for 10 years and always forget something, always small stuff. You remember the computer, meds and phone but forget the Salt and Pepper or some other small thing. All it means is you buy it and have another thing you won't have to worry about forgetting next time because you'll have two and one you can leave in the trailer.

We tend to leave a lot in the trailer when we come home, taking out perishables and the like but leaving a good percentage there, making it easy to be quickly road worthy.

One thing we've learned is how little we need to be happy or to fill our basic needs. RVing is a very good teacher.

Norm
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote