Can believe how useful this site is - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2011, 11:02 PM   #1

Name: Nick
Trailer: OutdoorsRV
Texas
Can believe how useful this site is

I just needed to say that in the few days that I've been a member here I have garnered more useful information than I could have thought imaginable plus those who have welcomed me and have tried to lead me along the path to acquiring my first mobile home is astounding.

I will be here for a long time, especially once I make that purchase and start my full-timing.

Thank you so much for this site AND all you wonderful people. Would have been nice to do this with my wife but she'll be smiling down at me from Heaven as I do what we dreamed about.

Cheers and God speed, Nick
Rvicsvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 06:47 AM   #2

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: nikljones... WELCOME. Our first bout of fiberglass fever struck at the same time as I found out I needed a pacemaker. A reality cheque was in the mail sort of!!!
While off work and waiting for a pacemaker the '77 Boler trailer mods could be done at my reduced speed. Clean, comfy, tow your own bed travel started out small and then s t r e c h e d into 19.5' of wonderful living. I still have three yrs. to retirement, but we have already enjoyed many trips and vacation weeks. Never put off... You might not get another chance became my story!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
77 Boler@ Emily.jpg   taken a stand.jpg  

Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:15 AM   #3

Name: Josie&Craig
Trailer: Escape 21
South Carolina
Registry
"Never put off... You might not get another chance became my story!!!"

Amen, Alf, Amen. My own story includes widowhood (the Mister is also widowed) and being a cancer survivor.

And, ditto about the usefulness/friendliness of this site. It still amazes me how generous y'all are about sharing what you know in words and pictures.

Here's a toast to Fiberglass RV and the peeps who surf it's cyber-walls.

"Not all those who wander are lost." (J.R.R. Tolkein from Lord of the Rings..."Strider's Poem")
2yax2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:21 AM   #4

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf S. View Post
Hi: nikljones... WELCOME. Our first bout of fiberglass fever struck at the same time as I found out I needed a pacemaker. A reality cheque was in the mail sort of!!!
While off work and waiting for a pacemaker the '77 Boler trailer mods could be done at my reduced speed. Clean, comfy, tow your own bed travel started out small and then s t r e c h e d into 19.5' of wonderful living. I still have three yrs. to retirement, but we have already enjoyed many trips and vacation weeks. Never put off... You might not get another chance became my story!!!
Like Alf we also had a reality check. My college roommate developed a to be fatal brain tumor and well helping him get his affairs in order we passed by Bahia Honda State Park in FL. Seeing the park and those RVs, I decided it was time to get our first RV and hit the road.

We have never regreted our decision. It has been a truly wondrous ten years of discovery.

Norm
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:30 AM   #5

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
My mom always said "if I was 20 years younger".
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:22 PM   #6

Texas
If I was 20 years younger we would certainly be doing this together but my sweety will be with me in spirit as I travel. This time will be with a home in tow instead of the car and motels. Did that 20 years ago. Okay but not as much fun I'm sure. I'm looking forward to the journey.

Thanks.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:25 PM   #7

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Good Luck with your Search and with Your Travels! What are you looking or thinking about getting?
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 04:06 PM   #8

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian W View Post
Good Luck with your Search and with Your Travels! What are you looking or thinking about getting?
Thanks. I haven't narrowed that down yet but going to be looking at a ParkLiner, Scamp or Casita most likely. I'm thinking new because that's the way my minds wrapped but haven't thrown out the possibility of a used unit either. I'm kind of in a difficult position right now since I'll soon be in transit to Pittsburgh, PA. That does put me in a better position though to get to all 3 of these manufacturers and check them out.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:11 PM   #9

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Nick,

We just purchased a 20 year old Scamp 16. No one can believe it's 20 years old. Everything works, no leaks. I always amazed how well they stand up.

Norm
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:34 AM   #10

Trailer: Eggcamper 17 ft Electric
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikljones View Post
Thanks. I haven't narrowed that down yet but going to be looking at a ParkLiner, Scamp or Casita most likely. I'm thinking new because that's the way my minds wrapped but haven't thrown out the possibility of a used unit either. I'm kind of in a difficult position right now since I'll soon be in transit to Pittsburgh, PA. That does put me in a better position though to get to all 3 of these manufacturers and check them out.
If you're passing near Grand Rapids, MI on your way. Stop in and check out Jim Palmer's EggCampers (LIGHTWEIGHT FIBERGLASS TRAVEL TRAILER). Or if you're in the area of the Poconos, mid July, stop in at the Pocono Rally.

Ron
Ron F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:04 AM   #11

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Greg H...If I was twenty years younger...I'd be pushing 3 kids towards College and then University. It was a collective effort to get them thru... so now is our time and travel is our plan. Thank God for our "Universal Health Care" as my pacemaker would have been about the same cost as our Escape 5.0. The only problem we have is never seeing a bill for service, to know the real cost...I had to find out from an American fellow!!!
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 06:42 PM   #12

Name: Larry & Joyce
Trailer: 1974 Trillium 1300
Fergus Ontario
Registry
Wishing you all the best, Nick! Hope you find a nice trailer. Even though I'm new here, it seems like a one great big family on this site.
Larry Tenhage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 06:50 PM   #13

Texas
Friendliest site I think I've ever been on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Tenhage View Post
Wishing you all the best, Nick! Hope you find a nice trailer. Even though I'm new here, it seems like a one great big family on this site.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:26 AM   #14

Trailer: Escape 13 ft 2010 ('Ladybug') / 2003 Subaru Forester
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikljones View Post
Nick:

If you are in Albany OR you are not that far from Bandon OR where the Oregon Gathering will be held on the weekend of July 14 -17-- this would be an excellent opportunity to see many different fiberglass trailers and meet some people.
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ing-44070.html

Brian
Old 05-04-2011, 08:29 AM   #15

Texas
Except by that time I will be either in Pennsylvania or Missouri. Thanks for the heads up though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Van Snell View Post
Nick:

If you are in Albany OR you are not that far from Bandon OR where the Oregon Gathering will be held on the weekend of July 14 -17-- this would be an excellent opportunity to see many different fiberglass trailers and meet some people.
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ing-44070.html

Brian