Can Someone Please Host A UP Rally?! - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-11-2018, 10:00 AM   #61

Name: Ralph
Trailer: 2015 Casita 17 SD
Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavig View Post
I so want to visit the Upper Peninsula this year...or next...and a fiberglass trailer rally would be the perfect excuse!

But really, I'd attend any rally on Lake Michigan or Lake Superior [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

Happy New Year, everyone!
We are planning to visit MI and into the UP for about 4 weeks beginning Mid August 2018. We would be very interested in meeting up with like minded F/G RV'ers while in the area.
Ralph
RalphB3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:13 AM   #62

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Linck View Post
Oh no! You folks won't like the UP. Its full of dark forests, deserted shores and snow 20 feet deep. If everybody came I would have a harder time finding a campsite. So consider Arkansas or Texas. Please!

John

You can probably tell from the pics below what a bad place the UP is.

Stay away for your own (I mean my) good. ;-)

Arkansas has some beautiful State Parks and would be a great place to hold a Spring or Fall Rally.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:01 PM   #63

Name: Jim
Trailer: Scamp
Illinois
Up campout

I just called The Lake Linden Mi. # . They informed me you can make reservations now for Aug. 2018 . They have 26 sites ( mostly open , swimming available ,elect . , water , dump station & 6 rustic sites ). I’ve camped here twice . At this time , all sites are available , $25 w&e . Now that I think of it , I’m going to call back and make reservations for Aug.7,8,&9 ; this gives week ends for travel . See you there ! Ask & you shall receive .
Jimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:21 PM   #64

Illinois
Up rally

I don’t know how to enter on calendar , so someone else please enter for me . I’ve registered for site 12 , but all sites are close by . Thank you .
Old 01-11-2018, 06:15 PM   #65

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Jim,

If you sell your Scamp will you show up in your Kwik Kamp? Thinking of making a reservation but wonder if you will change your mind.

Nancy
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:26 PM   #66

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
Do it yourself. Not hard. Just set a date, place, and people will come.
Thinking back, I think that is how we first met you.
We were traveling to MI to visit friends and wanted to meet some FRGV people.
We picked an area of MI that was central to a bunch of members, chatted with a few to determine appropriate campgrounds. Then just posted a weekend and campground area that had a bunch of openings.

We did informal, one pot luck and it was small enough to do show and tell all weekend. We still connect with the people we met that weekend. Most years we get to meet up with Mike and Sara, Jim Bago sends xmas cards etc. Steve L taught me some valuable electrical things. Life has limited our travels the last few years but we hope to get out more again.

I see Jimp has posted one already. Algonac has been mentioned. Don't forget that Niagara usually follows the weekend after Algonac for those doing a longer trip.

Not to mention the big boler meet in Winnipeg August 15-19
boler 50th Anniversary Event Schedule – Boler 50th Anniversary 1968-2018
People will be traveling before and after.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:21 PM   #67

Name: karen
Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe
Nevada
John Linck's photos

Love your photos as I have never been there....thank you so much for sharing with all of us.....

Wish it was closer to the West Coast ...it is a fur couple of days travel to join everyone there.....

Happy Trails everyone!

Wishing for Spring to arrive early so we can travel.
artsykaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 07:28 PM   #68

Illinois
UP camp

I’ll be there with my Scamp .
Old 01-12-2018, 09:49 PM   #69

Jim,

This has been posted in the rally section. Hope what I posted is OK.

I will try to remember to call my reservation in on Monday.

Thanks for getting the ball rolling. Not sure about “calendar”. I have never done anything with that.

Nancy
Old 01-12-2018, 10:20 PM   #70

Ok, it is on the calendar. Hope I am not suppose to monitor that. Used enough brain cells just getting it there. It is not linked to the rally forum. Guess I did not use enough gray matter. N
Old 01-13-2018, 12:33 AM   #71

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
Aug. 7-9, there might be raspberries, thimbleberries and perhaps even some blueberries growing in the area at that time. A few years ago I was at McLain SP around July 30 and picked some thimbleberries & raspberries growing wild around the park. And one time long ago we happened to be at Grand Marais (much farther east but on L. Superior) on the first weekend in August, and came upon the most bountiful patch of blueberries I've ever seen.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 08:13 PM   #72
Emb

Name: Elaine
Trailer: Scamp 16 ft. F-150
Michigan
Rally in the UP Lake Linden, MI

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...den-83664.html
Emb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 03:05 PM   #73

Name: carolyn
Trailer: 2005 casita sd
Michigan
UP rally

I suggest Sylvania Rec area and attached Sylvania Wilderness. It is a beautiful area, lots of lakes to paddle, Here is a blurb from a talk and slide show we did for the Kalamazoo Downstreamers 2/6/12)

Sylvania is located just 3 miles west of Watersmeet off US highway 2 in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula and borders Wisconsin on its southern edge. 34 lakes total over 4000 square acres scattered over the area. This 18,327-acre, federally designated wilderness area and adjacent recreation area is famous for its numerous pristine lakes and old growth forest. It has 30 square miles of landlocked spring fed lakes among glacial hills. It is one of the very few expanses of old growth climax northwoods forest to have escaped the logger’s ax and the farmer’s plow, as well as destructive fires and wind storms all because a lumberman in 1895 bought the 80 acres to log and decided it was too beautiful to cut and decided to build his home there instead. Then several other of his wealthy friends bought a total of several thousand acres, saving it as a hunting and fishing club, then later bought his acres from his widow when he died in 1922 when his Model T Ford overturned.
garycarolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 05:37 PM   #74

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
It's not the UP, but here is a group camping off the St Claire river, just south of Lake Huron. We have 30 or so FG campers registered at Algonac State Park (east side of the thumb) on the weekend after Labor Day. It's in the rally section of this group. Come on and join us, the freighters are incredibly close as they pass by.
This Algonac rally started out as just a few egg owners camping together and it's been 7 years now. So if you want to do a UP campout, just plan a weekend, spread the word, and I bet you will get some takers.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 12:58 PM   #75

Trailer: Love Bug 1974
Rally? Yes, Yes, Yes!

Greetings! It's been awhile since I've posted. It's lovely to see familiar names and new ones!

My Lovebug has been in storage for too long-7 years. I've been preoccupied with my Eriba Puck. Ckl. She does have a little fiberglass!

A rally would be such fun. I love to Dutch Oven cook and would be happy to demo some recipes if anyone wants. And, I would set up a live feed so our friends could watch us enjoy a Dutch Oven Potluck, if you're so inclined?

September would be level with the leaves changing.

I'll watch this thread. What joy this would be!

BTW, any other artists interested?
Gigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 07:47 PM   #76

Illinois
Gigi

A campout is scheduled for August 7-8-9 at the Lake Linden Mi. Campground. Check back #4or #5 in comments .

Tags
rally