Can Someone Please Host A UP Rally?! - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-12-2018, 11:33 PM   #71

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Aug. 7-9, there might be raspberries, thimbleberries and perhaps even some blueberries growing in the area at that time. A few years ago I was at McLain SP around July 30 and picked some thimbleberries & raspberries growing wild around the park. And one time long ago we happened to be at Grand Marais (much farther east but on L. Superior) on the first weekend in August, and came upon the most bountiful patch of blueberries I've ever seen.

Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 08:13 PM   #72
Emb

Name: Elaine
Trailer: Scamp 16 ft. F-150
Michigan
Rally in the UP Lake Linden, MI

2018, Aug 7,8,9 UP, Lake Linden

Emb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 03:05 PM   #73

Name: carolyn
Trailer: 2005 casita sd
Michigan
UP rally

I suggest Sylvania Rec area and attached Sylvania Wilderness. It is a beautiful area, lots of lakes to paddle, Here is a blurb from a talk and slide show we did for the Kalamazoo Downstreamers 2/6/12)

Sylvania is located just 3 miles west of Watersmeet off US highway 2 in Michiganís Upper Peninsula and borders Wisconsin on its southern edge. 34 lakes total over 4000 square acres scattered over the area. This 18,327-acre, federally designated wilderness area and adjacent recreation area is famous for its numerous pristine lakes and old growth forest. It has 30 square miles of landlocked spring fed lakes among glacial hills. It is one of the very few expanses of old growth climax northwoods forest to have escaped the loggerís ax and the farmerís plow, as well as destructive fires and wind storms all because a lumberman in 1895 bought the 80 acres to log and decided it was too beautiful to cut and decided to build his home there instead. Then several other of his wealthy friends bought a total of several thousand acres, saving it as a hunting and fishing club, then later bought his acres from his widow when he died in 1922 when his Model T Ford overturned.
garycarolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 05:37 PM   #74

Name: Pam
Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Michigan
Registry
It's not the UP, but here is a group camping off the St Claire river, just south of Lake Huron. We have 30 or so FG campers registered at Algonac State Park (east side of the thumb) on the weekend after Labor Day. It's in the rally section of this group. Come on and join us, the freighters are incredibly close as they pass by.
This Algonac rally started out as just a few egg owners camping together and it's been 7 years now. So if you want to do a UP campout, just plan a weekend, spread the word, and I bet you will get some takers.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 12:58 PM   #75

Name: Gigi
Trailer: Love Bug 1974, Eriba Puck 1972
Arizona, Minnesota & Va
Rally? Yes, Yes, Yes!

Greetings! It's been awhile since I've posted. It's lovely to see familiar names and new ones!

My Lovebug has been in storage for too long-7 years. I've been preoccupied with my Eriba Puck. Ckl. She does have a little fiberglass!

A rally would be such fun. I love to Dutch Oven cook and would be happy to demo some recipes if anyone wants. And, I would set up a live feed so our friends could watch us enjoy a Dutch Oven Potluck, if you're so inclined?

September would be level with the leaves changing.

I'll watch this thread. What joy this would be!

BTW, any other artists interested?
Gigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 07:47 PM   #76

Name: Jim
Trailer: Scamp
Illinois
Gigi

A campout is scheduled for August 7-8-9 at the Lake Linden Mi. Campground. Check back #4or #5 in comments .

Jimp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rally