Canadians help me out - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-17-2012, 07:20 PM   #15
Member
 
Mireille L's Avatar
 
Name: Mireille
Trailer: 1977 Boler 1300
Quebec
Posts: 82
1 gallon iUS= .85 imp. gallon
__________________

__________________
Au plaisir !
Mireille L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:55 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
Sue and Henry's Avatar
 
Name: Sue and Greg
Trailer: 1982 Burro 13 foot and a 2015 Casita Spitit Deluxe 17 ft.
Washington
Posts: 575
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by john warren
i still like my method best,you just drink up any that doesn't fit in the gallon jug.
I like this solution best too, and I don't even like whiskey.
__________________

__________________
Sue and Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:06 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
alan in alberta's Avatar
 
Name: Alan
Trailer: 2006 Escape 17 B Raven and a Pearl
Alberta
Posts: 163
Well, this has been covered fairly well.

Maybe it is time we explained metric time and the 10 hour day........
__________________
alan in alberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:55 AM   #18
Member
 
Mireille L's Avatar
 
Name: Mireille
Trailer: 1977 Boler 1300
Quebec
Posts: 82
__________________
Au plaisir !
Mireille L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:44 PM   #19
Junior Member
 
Name: ken
Trailer: beachcomber tm 15
British Columbia
Posts: 11
imperial / us gallon

Quote:
Originally Posted by john warren View Post
i still like my method best,you just drink up any that doesn't fit in the gallon jug.
I wish I had you as my math teacher many years ago!
__________________
kprpap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:35 AM   #20
Moderator
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Name: Jim
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Alberta
Posts: 4,727
Registry
95% of the world uses the metric system, according to the CIA World Fact-Book. Wouldn't it be great if the other 5% would use it too. The United States is now the only industrialized country in the world that does not use the metric system as its predominant system of measurement. Used alone, the metric system is so much simpler, let alone having to do all the conversions. But, it is mostly in North America that these conversions need to be done.

That said, I am quite proficient at converting measurements when travelling in the US to metric, or back again.
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA (January 26)
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:02 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
floyd's Avatar
 
Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Posts: 6,047
Registry
The "Babel" system seems to have been adopted in the U.S. for language, why not for measurement?
__________________
floyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:18 AM   #22
Member
 
Name: Doug
Trailer: Escape 19
Ontario
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrugg View Post
BTW, I never look at the metric speeds on our speedometer. They're small & hard to see.
I'm sure you're mistaken. It's the miles/hour that are small and hard to read...
__________________
dbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:26 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Brian Van Snell's Avatar
 
Name: Brian
Trailer: Escape 13 ft 2010 ('Ladybug') / 2003 Subaru Forester/ 2012 Toyota Highlander
British Columbia
Posts: 387
Registry
Viewing mph and kph

There is an easy solution to reading miles per hour and kilometres per hour: get a GPS.

Our GPS (a Garmin Nüvi 1490) displays the current speed in either miles per hour or kilometres per hour, and it is much easier to read, especially at night or when you are wearing sunglasses.

We usually have ours set in miles per hour while our regular speedometer reads in kilometres per hour, so for us it is easy driving in the US without having to do any conversions. Furthermore the GPS shows the posted speed limit, and the current speed turns red when you are over the posted limit. Handy!
__________________
Brian & Maria
2010 Escape 13 "Ladybug"|2003 Subaru Forester|2012 Toyota Highlander
Brian Van Snell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:16 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
Name: Terry
Trailer: 1996 Casita Freedom Deluxe 17 ft
Colorado
Posts: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
95% of the world uses the metric system, according to the CIA World Fact-Book. Wouldn't it be great if the other 5% would use it too. The United States is now the only industrialized country in the world that does not use the metric system as its predominant system of measurement.
This is a common misconception by people living outside the US. The truth is, we use two systems pretty equally, which means we have to learn and be able to use both. Medicine, science, the military, and most industry have long since gone metric. Everyday weights and measures are still not metric but believe me, there's no way we can avoid metric.

Case in point--I live in Colorado, one of the first states to "legalize" marijuana, and our local pot shops advertise both grams and ounces.
__________________
Terry G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:38 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
james kent's Avatar
 
Name: james
Trailer: Boler 1984
Ontario
Posts: 2,938
My grand parents on one side came from Scotland. My wife's family also came from Scotland.

That makes me one quart Scotch.
__________________
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:14 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
rabbit's Avatar
 
Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Posts: 2,548
The failure of the U.S. of A. to adopt the metric system is regrettable. Canadians entertain Her Majesty and we entertain the King's foot.

jack
__________________
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:32 PM   #27
Moderator
 
Pam Garlow's Avatar
 
Name: Pam
Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Michigan
Posts: 3,220
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by john warren View Post
i still like my method best,you just drink up any that doesn't fit in the gallon jug.
Oh YAH, EH!! what John just said!!
__________________
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:44 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
rabbit's Avatar
 
Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Posts: 2,548
Easiest and cheapest solution to conversion is conversion. 100K=60mile, 10=6, 1=.6.

jack
__________________

__________________
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Canadians; a question for you General Chat 0 12-31-1969 07:00 PM
Welcome fellow Canadians! General Chat 0 12-31-1969 07:00 PM
Canadians or Americans General Chat 0 12-31-1969 07:00 PM

» Trailer Showcase

"Ollie"

PhilS

BIGFOOT

jboy3435
» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.