Caravan demolition derby in England? Funny show! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-14-2015, 09:28 PM   #1

Trailer: Trillium 4500 Jubilee 1979
Registry
Caravan demolition derby in England? Funny show!

Hopefully most Brits don't drive like these blokes!
Top Gear (TV Series): "Crossover" Hatchback-- Season 20, Episode 5
(5 Aug. 2013)

This is an hilarious "test" of machine versus trailer = not sure where to find it but will do a search.
The sticker on the caravan said "Made of a recycled Concorde" which is funny when you see the flying parts pealing away.
YouTube trailer"
OscarD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 09:49 PM   #2

Registry
They want a Quid

Found this:

"$1.99 or with a season pass"
Old 12-15-2015, 03:57 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarD View Post
Hopefully most Brits don't drive like these blokes!
Top Gear (TV Series): "Crossover" Hatchback-- Season 20, Episode 5
(5 Aug. 2013)

This is an hilarious "test" of machine versus trailer = not sure where to find it but will do a search.
The sticker on the caravan said "Made of a recycled Concorde" which is funny when you see the flying parts pealing away.
YouTube trailer"
__________________________________________________ _________________
Oscar, This is not as bad as the Top Gear episode where it was an actual destruction derby, where they raced RVs and crashed most of them. But I still think it is silly and worthless, just like Jeremy Clarkson himself. It may be 'worth a larf ' but it still destroys property when a lot of people have none. I'd like to see Jeremy try to build up an RV or Caravan, but that won't happen because he's been canned for being such a twit ! BTW, I enjoy visiting campgrounds in England, Sweden & France to see the range of interesting RVs they have. David in Fresno and Sonora
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 04:53 PM   #4

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Jeremy Clarkson is no twit. He's an entertainer with a huge following. As for getting fired, he and his co-hosts have sold the show to Amazon for a considerable sum.
If you want to watch people build caravans, there are a couple boring shows that can be found somewhere on cable. Might be 12 people watching.
Old 12-15-2015, 04:57 PM   #5

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 3.5L 4door, SB
Colorado
I do see two useful bits here. One is - don't set the table to serve dinner and then drive off, even at lower speeds. Two - the VW has some trailer stability control system, at that is what kept it from flipping over. Maybe those systems are evolving into something useful.
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 05:03 PM   #6

Jeremy apparently signed with Amazon Prime for $46 million over term of contract.

Amazon paying Jeremy Clarkson ridiculous money - Business Insider
Old 12-15-2015, 05:53 PM   #7

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Jeremy Clarkson is no twit. He's an entertainer with a huge following. As for getting fired, he and his co-hosts have sold the show to Amazon for a considerable sum.
If you want to watch people build caravans, there are a couple boring shows that can be found somewhere on cable. Might be 12 people watching.
__________________________________________________ _______________

And "entertainers with huge followings " can't be twits or jerks ? I have spent quite a bit of time in England, and about ALL of my friends think he is a Jerk. He is a real jerk off screen. And there are some interesting trailer builds and repairs on You Tube that I enjoy watching. Some are videos but some are just slideshows: they don't have to destroy stuff or have car chases to be interesting. DG
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 05:56 PM   #8

There is a difference between a 'twit' and a 'jerk'.
I didn't say he's not a jerk.
Old 12-15-2015, 06:06 PM   #9

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
[QUOTE=DavidG;562916]__________________________________________________ _________________
Oscar, This is not as bad as the Top Gear episode where it was an actual destruction derby, where they raced RVs and crashed most of them.

This past summer our local stock car dirt oval race track did a camper demolition derby race. The driver of one old motor home was killed when it rolled over and disintegrated.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 10:48 PM   #10

Registry
A Good/Bad Laugh

I knew you all would have an interesting perspective of these "jerks/blokes" at their worst. Thanks for the info update on the status of the show, I only tune in randomly. Humor is the best part of being human and i appreciate every attempt that makes me laugh at myself. The TV show was on Sunday night, we had travelled 875 miles through a snow storm with 8-10 "caravaners" off the shoulder. The road home had wind gusts up to 50mph that defines the Mojave Desert. The Trillium was great to travel with the whole time! The trip could have been as bad as the TV show but it was great to be home and laugh at that.
Attached Thumbnails
tire.jpg  
Old 12-21-2015, 03:05 PM   #11

Name: Matt
Trailer: Jayco
Texas
I love the show but but I wouldn't watch anything with just Clarkson (or the other too) though. I think it's the interactions between them all that make the show great, kinda like Seinfeld. I did think he or the producers went a little too far on season 22 when they did the trip through Patagonia and put a license plate on the Porsche that symbolized England's involvement in the Falkland Island war. That crew was lucky they got out of the country without any serious injuries after the mob found them.
Pullnotpush is offline   Reply With Quote