Casita Freedom/Spirit - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-28-2015, 06:36 PM   #1

Name: Lyle
Trailer: Scamp 16, previously Scamp 13
None
Casita Freedom/Spirit

A few questions about Casitas.

1) Folks often complain about the lack of comfort in the dinette seating of most trailers. Casita offers the Freedom model with what appears to be a more comfortable seating option, but I seldom see/hear anything about it. Are these seats considerably better than the standard dinette seating? Is the sacrifice of under seat storage the reason this model isn't more popular?

Has anyone removed these seats and the table and replaced them with a free standing chair/love seat that offered more comfort? Is there enough room?

2) In the Spirit model, is the side dinette, when in bed configuration, large enough for a 5'9" adult to sleep there. I'm used to sleeping on a backpacking pad in a sleeping bag, so narrow isn't too daunting for me, as long as I could reasonably stretch out.

Thanks for any info you might have.
LyleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 07:56 PM   #2

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
We have one Casita captains chair mounted in our Uhaul on top of the right front storage area in a way as to not lose any storage space. We have this chair because the owner of the Casita it came out of was installing some kind of recliner chair and removed both of the original seats. It's fairly comfortable but so is the seating in our Casita Liberty Deluxe that has the standard dinette. Added a small side cushion and another to help my bad back. Beside losing the storage in the Freedom the table is smaller so we're happy with the standard dinette
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita