Casita or ? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-20-2008, 09:23 PM   #29

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Might I suggest that the name of the pdf document be changed to "Why I bought an Escape". It appears to be quite biased.
I didn't find that at all, what I do know is Scamp (and maybe Casita) aren't real forthcoming about what options are available. Reading on one of the other forums, it's almost like some of those options are secrets and if you don't ASK, they don't volunteer. It's possible Escape is very upfront about what can be ordered, hence the spreadsheet reflects that info....

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:08 PM   #30

Trailer: Casita
Quote:
I didn't find that at all, what I do know is Scamp (and maybe Casita) aren't real forthcoming about what options are available. Reading on one of the other forums, it's almost like some of those options are secrets and if you don't ASK, they don't volunteer. It's possible Escape is very upfront about what can be ordered, hence the spreadsheet reflects that info....

They are very upfront and not even in the slightest "secretive" about anything.
What you may be referring to is that after they print the brochures they may find a new option to tryout. If you ask the dealer if there are any options not mentioned in the catalog he will tell you. One example when I bought mine was a powered tongue jack. I passed... I think there was another unpublished option but I forgot what it was. Again, Casita is not hiding anything. "Not forthcoming" paints a bad picture IMO

Old 03-20-2008, 10:42 PM   #31

Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft
All the options for the Two Casita 17 foot models and Three 17 foot Floor Plans are on their website. Like all of the manufacturers, there are extras you may want and can ask for. I had all the TV shelves and electrical duplicated on both sides of the back of the trailer and the outside TV antenna NOT installed. You just can't go crazy will modifications. ALL Casitas come Microwave ready. I sent Thane a list of corrections. I feel the problem with the spread sheet is, that it does NOT represent all three Standard floor plans and both Standard and Deluxe models. There would need to be 6 columns to correctly show what Casita has.

Three 17ft. Floor Plans - Spirit, Freedom, Liberty
http://www.casitatraveltrailers.com/17-layout.html

Features on Standard Models
http://www.casitatraveltrailers.com/standardmodel.html

Features on Deluxe Models
http://www.casitatraveltrailers.com/deluxemodel.html

PS: The Website doesn't do the Liberty Floor Plan justice in my opinion.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:11 AM   #32

Trailer: 2006 (25B21RB) 21 ft Bigfoot / Dodge 2500 Diesel
Quote:
We also have the Escape 17 and would agree with what Thane is saying. The Escape is a very well made trailer and we like the front window.

The other question I have with the Oliver, which may not be a problem, is that the bathroom is at the front of the trailer while the dump valve is at the back. Everything I have learned thus far about tanks would tell me that running the dump pipes the length of the trailer could be a mistake.

That said, you can't really go wrong if you go with one of these fiberglass trailers.... they are a superior product than the "other" kind.

Jen
Having done a lot of trailer research like the rest of you, I wanted to comment on the Oliver black water drain pipe. We came so close to buying an Oliver and still envious of those that own one, even though we love our Bigfoot. The tanks on the Oliver run most of the length of the trailer. So the pipe from bathroom to tank is short and the pipe out of the tank to dump value is short. I love the way they do their tanks and their impressive combined size for a 17 foot trailer.

If your camping needs require a four season trailer like our needs do, then you can elimate serveral nice trailers. They all seem to have a good resale value, which makes Jen's statement "you can't go wrong with one of these fiberglsss trailers" so true.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:03 PM   #33

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Florida
Registry
Quote:
... I wanted to comment on the Oliver black water drain pipe. We came so close to buying an Oliver and still envious of those that own one, even though we love our Bigfoot. The tanks on the Oliver run most of the length of the trailer. So the pipe from bathroom to tank is short and the pipe out of the tank to dump value is short. I love the way they do their tanks and their impressive combined size for a 17 foot trailer.

If your camping needs require a four season trailer like our needs do, then you can elimate serveral nice trailers. They all seem to have a good resale value, which makes Jen's statement "you can't go wrong with one of these fiberglsss trailers" so true.
Thanks. I tried to convey this in an earlier post, but sometimes I just can't make the picture out of the words. You did a way better job. The long, low Oliver tanks work out really well in many ways, especially in capacity. Since the tanks are enclosed in between the double hulls, we're looking forward to good four season results in some of our favorite places... North Carolina, Minnesota, and upstate New York...

Sherry

Tags
casita