Casita, Still looking :-) - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2012, 03:45 PM   #1

Trailer: Casita 2000 Spirit Deluxe
Casita, Still looking :-)

Called Casita inc today for literature on new Casita. I definately want a 17 foot one now that I know I can tow it. I am seeing some REALLY HIGH PRICES online for used ones and need to compare prices here between new and used. I am not seeing any decent priced ones unless they are Freedom models and I want more bed space. Spring is coming and I want a little egg.

Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 04:13 PM   #2

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
I think the higher used prices are driving more folks towards new. At least you'll know it's full history and hopefully no surprises
Old 02-20-2012, 04:56 PM   #3

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Karalyn

I have never had trouble finding a used one for a great price......unfortunately maybe?

The real key is diligence and being willing to pull the trigger right away without looking back.

What I mean is I look 20 or so times a day if needed and once I find a qualified one within driving range I get as comfortable as I can with the seller on the phone and off I go.

I ALWAYS insist on talking on the phone whether buying or selling and this can help "Weed Out" a scam right off the bat in my experience.

Other than that it seems like the Timing is the biggest variable and since there are so few decent used ones out there that is why I Troll for them around the clock if I need one.

As an example I can not believe that the one Melissa posted from Scamp Camp is not sold yet?
I would jump all over that one if I were in the market again,it looked good to me!

Ed
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:34 PM   #4

Trailer: Casita 2000 Spirit Deluxe
I would jump on it if it had sleeping for three. Knowing someone here has checked it out would be a real plus for me - I would take the word of someone here. I need either a Spirit Deluxe if possible but I would take a Liberty deluxe also. I just can not sleep on those swivel chairs. I need either the twin bed mode or the side dinette to sleep on.

Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:18 AM   #5

Trailer: Aliner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karalyn View Post
I would jump on it if it had sleeping for three. Knowing someone here has checked it out would be a real plus for me - I would take the word of someone here. I need either a Spirit Deluxe if possible but I would take a Liberty deluxe also. I just can not sleep on those swivel chairs. I need either the twin bed mode or the side dinette to sleep on.
Karalyn, I saw a mod on a post a while ago where someone had taken the swivel chairs out, left the posts, and built a bed over it.

So if you are handy -- or know someone who is -- the Freedom could still be an option.
Sharon G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:29 AM   #6

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karalyn View Post
Sorry, I didn't pick up on that detail?

I am about to "Franken-sita"my Freedom to get rid of the Captains Chairs I think but not in time maybe to show my brilliant design,which I need to come up with first!
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:01 AM   #7

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
Oh I know, Ed! I've fielded a lot of inquriries too. Mostly from the Casita Club but a few from here. They thought it was sold but then the couple backed out at the last minute so it's still up for grabs. I should have pix today from her Grandson I'll post.

Maybe you should start a locator service, LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Harris View Post

As an example I can not believe that the one Melissa posted from Scamp Camp is not sold yet?
I would jump all over that one if I were in the market again,it looked good to me!

Ed
Old 02-23-2012, 03:23 PM   #8

Name: Dave and Shelly
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe Casita "New Name: Eggspensive"
Iowa
I am so glad you didn't give up. You gotta do alot of Craigslist scanning and in my case begging someone to sell there camper. Ed had a spare i talked him out of. Your Casita will come, i would think there would be more showing up all the time now.
sfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:38 AM   #9

Name: John
Trailer: Casita
South Carolina
Registry
check out my 2000 liberty deluxe for sale.it is ready to roll. everything in great shape.
secwind7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:06 AM   #10

Name: chris
Trailer: casita for sale soon
North Carolina
Hey folks looking for a Casita. Im in the process of putting together a 1993 Freedom Deluxe. I repair campers as a hobby and have for many years here in Fayetteville, NC. I purchased this unit back in January, stripped the exterior and had it painted. Now installing new trim parts, interior, awning, new custom decals and striping, wheels tires, electrical and plumbing gone thru too. No scam here call me at 910-391-2561 fro more info or a progress picture or two.
chris of foxcraft is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita