Casita tires - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2009, 04:40 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I just visited the Casita site for the first time in awhile and I see they offer two 15" tire options now.
When did that happen?
Considering they were almost religious in their refusal to offer tire options, I'd say maybe they are a little more open these days?
David White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 06:03 PM   #2

Trailer: 2007 Casita Liberty Deluxe 17 ft / Honda Odyssey
I believe that happened a few months ago. Casita decided to respond to the problems people were having with the load range C Marathon tires by offering the 15" in load range D. They apparently used 5.5" rims for awhile before discovering the 15" require 6" rims. Read all about it in the Casita forums.
Patrick M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 07:50 PM   #3

Trailer: Casita
Quote:
I believe that happened a few months ago. Casita decided to respond to the problems people were having with the load range C Marathon tires by offering the 15" in load range D. They apparently used 5.5" rims for awhile before discovering the 15" require 6" rims. Read all about it in the Casita forums.
August recess screaming!
If I owned Casita I would have changed brands long ago.
Not because I (via Goodyear) was providing a poor tire but because there is enough wailing and gnashing of the teeth to make it a good marketing decision.
A perfect example of mass spin.

But, the question is, "WHY DIDNT THEY CHANGE TO KUHMO 14 TRUCK TIRES?" ROFL

For that matter I wonder how long it will be before the tire-mongers start on Escape?
"14 inch Marathons? We will march on Washington if you legislate this!"

So I am not buying that Casita decided to respond to "problems"
I am buying that Casita decided to respond to criticism that may have cost them some sales.
Smart people.
ronsmith100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 04:46 PM   #4

Trailer: 1999 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Florida
I wonder if they could get enough Kumhos to support production.

I believe the high lift axle option is required for the 15" wheels.

Herb Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 06:20 PM   #5

Trailer: Casita
Quote:
I wonder if they could get enough Kumhos to support production.

I believe the high lift axle option is required for the 15" wheels.
A most interesting observation, Herb.
I almost did this backwards when I bought my Casita.
From input gleaned by the worlds most experienced off-roaders and racing teams (my baja cousins) we arrived at the conclusion (read [b]they told me) that that if I was going to buy a rugged single axle trailer that I could use to transport myself to the outback that I needed a 30" tire at 15psi inflation to manage the one-way 100 miles of sharp rock and washboard.
All this by the way to get to the archeological sites that I needed to cover which almost destroyed an Aliner I had bought.
Before I bought my Casita I did all the design work and found that a 30" dia tire on a 15" rim would clear the high-lift axle version.

So armed with the best of the best information, and having the utter stupidity to post my plans online, I got hammered on the Castia Club (by guess who) that I need not change to a 15" rim.. I should just buy 14" kuhmos (am I spelling this right? because I don't care where you put the "h" my spell checker aint gonna care).
As for Casita coming around to a 15" option please read my casita website which more than two years ago had all the poop necessary for them (Casita) to do the right thing.

I never knew it before but the subject of "tires" lights up a truly bombastic pulpit, pitting the good angel against the bad angel... it is a war of everlasting blowouts.
Strange crowd.

I'm just happy Casita finally came around... a vindication of sorts.
ronsmith100 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita, tires