Casita vs Bigfoot - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-10-2003, 06:47 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Casita vs Bigfoot

Am considering the purchase of a travel trailer and have narrowed the choices down to Casita and Bigfoot. Looking for feedback on these two brands. Any comments will be appreciated.

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 09:02 AM   #2

Bigfoot and Casita

:o Here we go again.

I assume that you are referring to the 17's since those are the only two that you can really compare.

Bigfoot is taller, wider, has stove with oven, smaller bathroom and smaller blackwater tank (8 gallons) - unless that has changed and they haven't updated their website. I believe it can sleep 4 adults. However, I do not believe it has the capability of having a dinette and a bed made up at the same time.

Casita is narrower, larger bathroom, larger black water tank (15 gallons), has two floorplans that allow sleeping for two adults and a dinette both up. Also has a unit that has a king sized bed or narrow twins or dinette seating for a group (not at the same time). This unit could be used with a double bed and a dinette in front of the bed.

Those are the differences right off the top of my head.

You decide which features are important to you and then you can choose.

Old 08-10-2003, 09:11 AM   #3

Bigfoots are cadillacs- my impression

Hard to compare IMO- Granted I have not seen one up close but the Foots seem to be the pinnacle of glass class... full width and amenties, nicer interior appointments and true 4 season capability with good insulation, heated tanks and double pane windows. All this comes at a cost hovever= weight and price. My Casita is great but I would love to see a 17 myself!!

I'm sure our 'Foot owners can elucidate with particulars.

Old 08-10-2003, 10:15 AM   #4

Hi
Its very hard to do a comparism.The common ground is that there both made from fiberglass.I would say the Bigfoot is very luxerious compared to A 17ft Boler-17Casita-Scamp,Etc

I honestly don't think you can compare as product is different.:wave

Old 08-10-2003, 08:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Orginally posted by Suz
I believe it can sleep 4 adults. However, I do not believe it has the capability of having a dinette and a bed made up at the same time.
Actually, Suz, the Bigfoot 17G lets you have the gaucho made up as a bed while playing cards over there at the dinette. The beds will sleep four (you could really sleep five medium-sized adults) however, are all smallish. All are less than a "full" mattress. Comfy, though, in the sense that the cushions are good quality and stay firmly together with a sheet over them.

Tags
bigfoot, casita