Casita vs Escape - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2012, 10:28 PM   #61

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19' /2010 Honda Pilot 4WD TV
Escondido, California
We just bought a 19' Escape

We bought a 19' Escape on Monday after agonizing between the Casita and the Escape. They are both great! A few things that helped us move to the Escape was the floor plan, central the location of the furnace instead of directly next to the bed, better separation of the stove top and bed surface, the front box option, more storage, awning design, no rivet holes, dual axles, and being able to highly customize it. We even specified our flooring, counter tops and are supplying the dinette fabric. We still like the Casita "cute look" better but everything else won it over for Escape.

Steve & Margarita
hotfishtacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:52 AM   #62

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Soon we will have enough owners to have a US Escape rally somewhere central like Colorado/Kansas/Missouri/Arkansas.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:44 AM   #63

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Soon we will have enough owners to have a US Escape rally somewhere central like Colorado/Kansas/Missouri/Arkansas.
From the number of Escapes with US plates on them down in Arizona and Southern Cal this winter I would suggest you already do Of all fiberglass trailers I saw it was the brand I saw the most of.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:08 AM   #64

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
towability

Wow! If you read this tread all the way through, you would come away with the conclusion that the two items being compared were not "travel trailers" at all, but really park models!
There has been sparse comparison of the towability aspect of these two trailers. Many people seem to think that you should simply buy the tow vehicle to accomodate the trailer, with no consideration as to it's use when not towing. This can leave you with an unpleasant oversized and overpriced vehicle to drive when not towing, plus the difference can be thousands of dollars in fuel cost over the life of the combo.
I see the inevitable trend toward larger trailers, and thus larger tugs. Escape and Casita are both guilty on this count.
Accommodations are important, but it still must be considered that they are still "Travel Trailers"
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:36 AM   #65

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
I suspect Floyd that may be due to the title of the thread. The thread wasnt titled tow vechile comparisons. The 17' Casita and the 19' Escape both weigh in on the Real World Weights in the same range & nether exceeds the width of most tow vehicles or if they do not by much, as a "real park model" will. So I suspect there is not a whole lot to debate in regards to the differences between the two in regards to their towability :-)
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:01 PM   #66

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
I suspect Floyd that may be due to the title of the thread. The thread wasnt titled tow vechile comparisons. The 17' Casita and the 19' Escape both weigh in on the Real World Weights in the same range & nether exceeds the width of most tow vehicles or if they do not by much, as a "real park model" will. So I suspect there is not a whole lot to debate in regards to the differences between the two in regards to their towability :-)
There is a big difference in towability in this genre, and even between the two trailers being compared. Towablity is as important a factor when choosing a travel trailer as any other consideration. I was merely pointing out that it was being overlooked.
I made no implication that it should be a comparo of tow vehicles, but these things must be considered when choosing which travel trailer to buy.
BTW; The frontal area and ball to axle length, are just a couple more considerations which are as important as width or weight.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:37 PM   #67

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Well, I'm going to do a trip tomorrow and I'll report back my trip results. I have 2 tow vehicles, a Dodge Ram 1500 and a Jeep Liberty. I'll be towing an Escape 19' with the Liberty and will repost back my findings. I have towed an Egg Camper with the Liberty and now will try the Escape. These 2 trailers are the topic here.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:15 PM   #68

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Well, I'm going to do a trip tomorrow and I'll report back my trip results. I have 2 tow vehicles, a Dodge Ram 1500 and a Jeep Liberty. I'll be towing an Escape 19' with the Liberty and will repost back my findings. I have towed an Egg Camper with the Liberty and now will try the Escape. These 2 trailers are the topic here.
Excellent! and close (casita vs escape)
You do get the point though!
Old 08-03-2012, 08:56 PM   #69
Commercial Member

Trailer: We have had all the brands at least once.
Escape vs Casita

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Excellent! and close (casita vs escape)
You do get the point though!
If you buy the Escape 19 you will find it is more balanced than the Casita. Escape 19 dual axles even the load out more and the trailer rides evenly. We drove home from the beach in April forgot to dump the dogs water dish. When arriving at home none of the water left the bowl. I was impressed!. I like the interior covering inside the Escape over the rat fur in the Casita.
Chuck
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:26 PM   #70

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Chuck View Post
If you buy the Escape 19 you will find it is more balanced than the Casita. Escape 19 dual axles even the load out more and the trailer rides evenly. We drove home from the beach in April forgot to dump the dogs water dish. When arriving at home none of the water left the bowl. I was impressed!. I like the interior covering inside the Escape over the rat fur in the Casita.
Chuck
Casita uses carpet, Scamp uses "ratfur".
Next time...try that dog dish thing when the temperature is above freezing!

You do make a relevant point about the tandem axle.Whether it is an advantage or not... it is, of course a clear difference which deserves consideration. On heavy trailers the advantages can sometimes outweigh the drawbacks.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:08 AM   #71
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Interesting to note that when this thread started (2007) there was no Escape 19. The original post was a discussion between the Escape 17 and the Casita 17 which seems a more apples to apples comparison. For those reseaching, be aware that when it comes to buying and selling, it's not reality that governs but rather peoples perception. Here, Escape has a large following which at times overwhelms any objective comparison. Were you to go to the Casita forum you will find the same passion for the Casita brand. People feel good about what they have. In the end you have to decide what your needs are. Also realize that for most of us, as time passes those needs change. I didn't choose either of these brands because neither was flexible enough to meet my needs, yet in terms of manufacture they are all almost identical. Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:42 PM   #72

Trailer: 17 ft Burro Widebody / 2007 Ford Ranger
Think it's a safe bet there are more Casita owners here than Escape owners, Raz.
cheers
Ian
Ian-Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:36 AM   #73

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian-Vicki View Post
Think it's a safe bet there are more Casita owners here than Escape owners, Raz.
cheers
Ian
Of course there would be because there's more Casita's than Escape's. Casita started in 1983 and Escape in 2001.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:44 AM   #74

Name: Alex
Trailer: looking...
North Carolina
Hope no one minds me bringing back this thread, but we are also looking at both models this year and matching apples to apples. If the mfrs have listed their spec right, the Escape has a bit of an edge in their design regarding storage capacities.

Plugging in all the dry specifications the Escape 17B would give us appx 500 additional lbs of storage capacity in the RV and 60 lbs extra in the TV (over the Casita 17 deluxe)?

What is more interesting is... the Escape 19 specs provide even more additional capacity in both the RV and TV than it's 17B counterpart, hmmm?

We're looking more to the Escape 19 for now... but just wanted to throw that out there in case anyone is still wanting some comparison info.
surfsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:50 AM   #75

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfsup View Post
We're looking more to the Escape 19 for now... but just wanted to throw that out there in case anyone is still wanting some comparison info.
Looks like there's a few in your neighborhood too: Home - Escape Owners Map
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:55 AM   #76

Name: Alex
Trailer: looking...
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Looks like there's a few in your neighborhood too: Home - Escape Owners Map
Oh cool... we'll certainly be looking into that.

Thank you Donna!
surfsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:56 PM   #77

Trailer: 17 ft Burro Widebody / 2007 Ford Ranger
"Here, Escape has a large following which at times overwhelms any objective comparison. Were you to go to the Casita forum you will find the same passion for the Casita brand."
That comparison would be valid if this were an Escape forum, but it's not. Folks here have every type of FG trailer under the sun, and while I love my Burro, I don't think it - or any other FG trailer - stands up to a comparison with the Escape line.
I understand not all will agree with me, and I have no axe to grind in this, just my opinion. But if they were still making Burros, and were as open to customization as Escape, maybe then. But for now, Escape is the class of the field for me.
cheers
Ian
Ian-Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita, escape